**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 21.3 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, Samsung Galaxy S6)
Device Operating System: (Example, 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is for users on the 21.3 version of the game only.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• ign: cruel_horizon
    oneplus 6
    android version 9, oxygenOS version 9.0.2
    both wifi and data, carrier: three (UK)
    version 21.3 of the game
    event quest, arena, and the rest of the game in general

Description: way more lag throughout the game compared to yesterday before the update. scrolling through champ list in arena lags more and is a lot slower than before the update. longer load screens between fights. game freezes randomly during fights, in both event quests and arena. the game slows dramatically when swapping between tabs (going from home page to crystals, for example). Also, might be my imagination but my battery life seems to be draining a lot quicker.

all this started after downloading the new update this morning, I had hardly any problems before then.
  • Hi Kabam,
    My device is Google Nexus 5X. Before update 20.0 the game worked fine.
    After that update I have all abovementioned problems.
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    In-game name:That1MasterGmr
    Device and Model:Nokia 2
    Device Operating System:7.1.1
    Cellular or WiFi:Both
    Game Version Installed:2.1.3
    Game Mode:All
    Description of the Issue:Is this even a update,I'm sure it ain't one,I think this is a sabotage of the game.Lag everywhere,there's only lag.In the middle of a fight and not having lag,no problem,the game crashes and now you have lag,your welcome.Want to open a crystal,10 minutes is no problem.I have to wait 10 f-ing minutes just to load after a battle and to load in the crystal vault.Other than that it is ok,would not tell my friends to play this month.
  • OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,141 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: Opandemonio
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy J5
    Device Operating System: 6.0.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Claro (Brazil)
    Game Version Installed: 21.3 version
    Game Mode: Since the Android update had a delay, I was able to download it today morning, I was stuck in a Story Quest and couldn't get out of it
    Description of the Issue: I was trying to move through the map and it was already lagging. When I was supposed to choose the champion I would pick for the fight they wouldn't appear, during the fight the screen would freeze in midcombo and then get back leaving me with no time to react and ending with me getting hit
  • Guys, please fix the loading Screen Bug. After each fight, I got minutes of loading screens. With every update it gets worse.

In-Game Name: Casey Blue
    Device and Model: nvidia SHIELD K1
    Device Operating System: Android 7.0
    WiFi
    Game Version Installed: Newest (and the last 3-4 Versions before!)
    Game Mode: All except Stadion (Running mostly OK)
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    The new update definitely hasn't improved anything in terms of performance as far as I can tell. My sons and I use three different Samsung devices (Tab A, Tab E, and a phone (not sure which model). Slow loads and extremely laggy fights, same as before on the tablets. The phone performs better, but reboots frequently :-(

I also have to resort to using an old Kobo tablet (Arc10HD w/ Android 4.4). Plays way better than the newer Samsungs, but even it has a noticeable lagging now.
  • Ben_27Ben_27 Posts: 5
    Since the update I can’t even fight a battle. Not in Story Mode or anything. The game loads ok, I go to Act 4 whatever and choose me team etc, the map loads, I go to my opponent and then it crashes. Every single time. Then I have to load the game again. Same thing. Phone is getting hot too.
    In-Game Name: Ben_27
    Device: iPhone 7
    Op System - WiFi and 3G/4G
    Game Version: latest 21.3
    Game mode: mostly only tried Story Mode to be honest as trying to complete content!!
  • 19panther9619panther96 Posts: 16
    ZTE
    Both wifi
    Every month it gets slower like your flipping page in a book or something thats how the lag is just horrible
  • RandomXforceHeroRandomXforceHero Posts: 60
    edited February 2019
    Galaxy s9
    In game name TurdFerguson

All updates and things are most current they can be..
    Wifi connection. 30 down 3 up.. entire game lags.. 2-3 minutes from havok load screen to main menu.. 1 minute load time per arena fight..
  • Google Pixel 2 XL
    Possum!
    Extremely slow between fights. Took at least 10 minutes to clear 100+ on the help button
  • wartortle1_wartortle1_ Posts: 6
    IGN: wartortle1
    Device: Galaxy S9
    Issues on both wifi and cellular. (Verizon)
    Game version 21.3
    Game mode: all aspects of game are affected . Loading time averages over 1 min. Champion screen lags very bad. Crystal's freeze the game. Fighting in arena and in story/event quests lag during fighting causing issues when fighting. All champions are affected. Lag issues began after new update released.
  • ONEABOVEALL90ONEABOVEALL90 Posts: 25
    edited February 2019
    In-Game Name: ¤B£ACK0RDER90¤
    Device & Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
    Android Version: 9.0.0
    Cell or Wifi: Both
    Game Version: 21.3.0
    Game Mode: All
    Description: Lag/Connection Issues throughout game at times is better than the version predecessor and at times Is worse have used all troubleshooting methods.... Thinking about ipad (ios) for better results!
  • TuttoFumo1TuttoFumo1 Posts: 53
    In-Game Name: TuttoFumo1
    Device and Model: Samsung S8 / Huawei Mate Tab 10
    Device Operating System: Both on current and newest system Update, Android Version 8.0.0, Samsung Experience Version 9.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Mostly on Wifi Mode
    Game Mode: Loading Screens, Crystal opening, Leveling, Help Butto, duells and loading Map of Event Quest
    Description of the Issue: Lag while loading, Crystals freeze while turning and sometimes tapping doesn't open them. Jittering during fights, symbol of connectivity problems after ending a fight (which then leads to long loading time until the next fight can start)
    In-Game Name: AvatarDash
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 8
    Device Operating System: Android Version 8.0.0
    Cellular or Wifi: Cellular data
    Game Version Installed: the newest.
    Game Mode: all aspect are affected.
    Description of the Issue: Lag while playing, the animation seems slow, can't parry or block, loses and stuck the attack while attcking the defender, the crystal opening shows 4* champion but move to the 2* when it popping, symbol of connection problem always pop out, the arena takes long time to load, help button can't seems to send help 4 at once.

Please try to fix this bug. I can't play properly.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    In-Game Name: crogs
    Device and Model: LG Q7+ (Snapdragon 450 w/Adreno 506)
    Device Operating System: Android 8.1
    Cellular or WiFi: Both. Doesn't matter. Sucks equally.
    Game Version Installed: 21.3
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? All of them. Again, sucks equally,
    Description of the Issue: Same issues as before. Game plays fine for anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Then it starts to progressively get worse with stuttering and lag, slower loading, half drawn screens then ultimately freezes and force closes. Passed two updates have been the same. I can't do anything productive in game without fear of freezing and closing in the middle of a fight and get hosed with a death, half energy or near dead opponent that suddenly has full life again.

The q7+ is a decent spec'd midgrade phone with common Snapdragon processor and Andreno graphics chip. Nothing out of the ordinary, yet game play and the app in general are just horrid. It's been going on for a solid three months now. What's more annoying is I can only play my main account on the phone because it will always log back in to my google account. So if I play my 2nd account and the game goes down, it logs me back in to the main account which would then boot me off my second my phone. So playing any sort of difficult content gets challenging and annoying. Not gets, is challenging and annoying. Even worse going into that last fight before it crashes and seeing a half drawn screen with no idea of power, only the little white health percentage is visible. Impossible to gauge the fight and baiting not knowing how much power the opponent has. And sometimes I don't even make it through the fight anyway because it'll crash.

And I'll add constant loading/connection issues on all of my devices on wifi or LTE whether I'm next to my wifi router or have full bars of LTE. Get that stupid connection issue pop up at the bottom while a 2nd device is playing fine an inch away from it.
  • BodhizenBodhizen Posts: 303 ★★
    In-Game Name: Bodhizen
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950U)
    Device Operating System: Android Version 8.0.0
    Cellular or WiFi: Both Cellular (Sprint) and WiFi.
    Game Version Installed: 21.3.0
    Game Mode: All game modes.
    Description of the Issue:
    • Lag issues throughout the game.
    • Problems connecting to the network when on high-speed WiFi and when on cellular signal.
    • Problems with Android updates coming hours or days later than iOS updates. (If this is an in-game issue, it should be addressed. If this is an external issue, it should be tested in advance so that it can be released at the same time that the iOS update comes out rather than 15 hours later.)
    • Multiple Champions not landing a Special Attack directly following a M-L-L-L-M Combo.
  • In-game name: LeGriffa
    Device and model: Mi A2 Lite
    Device Operating System: Android 9.0
    Cellular or Wifi: Both.
    Game mode: Pretty much everywhere, random 5 minute loading screen in story quests, event quests and arena.
    Description of the issue: These issues started before the update but they were less frequent, since the update i pretty much can't do anything. I try to go to crystals section and the game just freezes (in the last week or something this happened sometimes, like 1 every 5 tries, today i've tried to go to the crystals section like 10 times and the game froze every time), i try to go to fight section and it takes me like 2 minutes to open any quest and after every fight there's a 2 minute loading screen. This makes the game unplayable, if this isn't fixed soon i'll have no other option but to uninstall.
  • In-Game Name: GothamKnight
    Device and Model: Samsung Galaxy S9
    Device Operating System: 8.0.0
    Cellular or Wifi: Both
    Game Node: Everywhere
    Description of the issue: It wouldn't update in the Google Play Store, I try many times and it wouldn't update. Even when I let it load for a whole day, it wouldn't work. This is serious. If this isn't fixed, it wouldn't let me play the game. I hope y'all fix this soon.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    In-Game Name: Über Hülk
    Device and Model: OnePlus 5t
    Device Operating System: Android 9, Oxygen OS 9.0.3
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, (T-Mobile LTE)
    Game Mode:
    Experiencing heavy lag everywhere except in actual fights. Fight loading time is like 20+seconds, scrolling champions in arena or on the Champion page causes freezing it takes so long to load. This has also happened on the crystals page. Moving on a map takes forever just to move.
  • SlackSlack Posts: 16
    ign: cruel_horizon
    oneplus 6
    android version 9, oxygenOS version 9.0.2
    both wifi and data, carrier: three (UK)
    version 21.3 of the game
    event quest, arena, and the rest of the game in general

Description: way more lag throughout the game compared to yesterday before the update. scrolling through champ list in arena lags more and is a lot slower than before the update. longer load screens between fights. game freezes randomly during fights, in both event quests and arena. the game slows dramatically when swapping between tabs (going from home page to crystals, for example). Also, might be my imagination but my battery life seems to be draining a lot quicker.

all this started after downloading the new update this morning, I had hardly any problems before then.

It also happens to me all of this, also the battery drain problem, since the update it seems that my battery drains a lot faster.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: ditto11
    Device and Model: Samsung J3 (Model: SM-J320W8)
    O/S: Android 7.1.1
    Cellular or Wifi: both
    Version: 21.3.0 (in game in settings, it reports: 880879)
    Game Mode: Event Quest
    Description of Issue: Fighting Mister Sinister (any difficulty, any champ), striking into his block, the animation lags the game, allowing the AI to react mid-combo and "do something" (ie counter strike, retreat, etc.)

• SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    I don't know if anyone else is facing this but I'm facing some terrible lag on the chp 2 quest 2 gambit boss. The problem is, I'm facing only for that particular fight. Other than that, the game runs smoothly.
  • Ben_27Ben_27 Posts: 5
    edited February 2019
    Right so here’s an update from my previous post...
    Just played in alliance war - not a problem. No lag, no crystals opening issues, no issues when in fights.
    Playing in story mode not a problem - until I encounter a Symbioid. Tried in several different chapters on story mode and every single time I get “ambushed” by a Symbo my champion loads then the game crashes and just returns to my home screen on my iPhone. The wheel spins like it’s trying to load the pic of the Symbo avatar then it just crashes. Been like it since the update.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Any suggestions for a fix?
This discussion has been closed.