**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Yondu vs emma frost bug?

Hey i was just running through some event quest and i was facing Emma frost with yondu. Frost was in diamond form which as we all know makes her bleed immune which shouldn't be an issue since when a champion is immune to bleed yondu instead causes armor break which would then force frost into telepath form right? Nope instead i got the standard word immune come up. Please look into this issue as yondu should be a great counter to frost.

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Nope not a bug. Yondu, just like Elektra and X-23 only trigger their alternate abilities if the champ is naturally bleed immune.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    I use Yondu all of the time. If the opponent is naturally 100% bleed immune (like Iceman), he will armor break.

If the opponent can gain bleed immunity during the fight (like Emma or IWIM), he will try to inflict bleed and succeed when they are not immune but fail when the opponent gains their immunity. He won't armor break.

If an opponent can bleed but is immune due to node buffs, he will try to inflict bleed but fail.

He will always steal armor buffs regardless of their bleed immunity (but does not steal passive armor like IWIM).
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Nope not a bug. Yondu, just like Elektra and X-23 only trigger their alternate abilities if the champ is naturally bleed immune.

But nowhere in the description does it say that the champion needs to have a full passive immunity to bleed it simply states that "if a target is immune to bleed they suffer *** armor break for * seconds" this to me says that it is in fact a bug... whether only bleed immune during a certain form or whatever the case may be it is still an immunity right?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    This was discussed quite a bit when Emma was added to the game. The language in the description could be updated to be more clear, but it isn't a bug.

I would certainly love to see him switch between bleed and armor break tho. Make him the ultimate Emma killer.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

But nowhere in the description does it say that the champion needs to have a full passive immunity to bleed it simply states that "if a target is immune to bleed they suffer *** armor break for * seconds" this to me says that it is in fact a bug... whether only bleed immune during a certain form or whatever the case may be it is still an immunity right?

Wording and descriptions have never been Kabam’s strong suit unfortunately. Even though it sounds that way, that’s not what their intention was. Kabam has commented on this multiple times. I would love it if Yondu would armor break if at any point a champ is immune to bleed, but that’s not how his ability is designed.
  • Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I use Yondu all of the time. If the opponent is naturally 100% bleed immune (like Iceman), he will armor break.

If the opponent can gain bleed immunity during the fight (like Emma or IWIM), he will try to inflict bleed and succeed when they are not immune but fail when the opponent gains their immunity. He won't armor break.

If an opponent can bleed but is immune due to node buffs, he will try to inflict bleed but fail.

He will always steal armor buffs regardless of their bleed immunity (but does not steal passive armor like IWIM).

I can understand it not working due to a node effect but for champions with immunity to bleed in their descriptions in any which way shape or form that's part of what makes yondu a great and unique champ... i just think it should be fixed
  • Think of the Diamond form as a layer of Armor that would prevent an arrow-bullet from piercing her skin, so then there would be no wound from which to bleed. After all, if an Armor-break causes her to drop out of that mode, it is really more like Armor rather than a total elemental state change of what she is made up of during that time. She is still an opponent that bleeds, but has shielded herself from wounds that would bleed. So not bleed-Immune.
  • ElectricJellyElectricJelly Posts: 33
    edited February 2019
    SummonerNR wrote: »
    Think of the Diamond form as a layer of Armor that would prevent an arrow-bullet from piercing her skin, so then there would be no wound from which to bleed. After all, if an Armor
    SummonerNR wrote: »
    Think of the Diamond form as a layer of Armor that would prevent an arrow-bullet from piercing her skin, so then there would be no wound from which to bleed. After all, if an Armor-break causes her to drop out of that mode, it is really more like Armor rather than a total elemental state change of what she is made up of during that time. She is still an opponent that bleeds, but has shielded herself from wounds that would bleed. So not bleed-Immune.

While you’re 100% correct that you should indeed THINK of Emma’s diamond form as working this way if you want Kabam’s implementation of Yondu’s bleed to make any sense, it’s also funny because Emma’s deal isn’t giving herself a diamond crust but becoming a living organic crystal, exactly like Iceman.
  • Dogor2393Dogor2393 Posts: 70
    If only he can be like Carnage that can do both bleed and armor break in the same fight