**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How do you keep yourself from opening shard crystals?

I don't have blade and Idecided that I will try for the blade crystal later in the month. I also have a surplus of iso and not enough rank up materials.

I need to know how I can restrain myself from opening 4* and 5* crystals since I will have around 10k4* shards and 20k 5* shards by the time I finish master and uncollected.

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Difficult to answer. It is the same question I asked myself, how not to read and post in forum all day long. :s
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Not going into the crystal section at all
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    I’m the worst but at 20k 5* shards now. This will be a first for me. Use any man and kamala khan as motivation. Open 10k you probably get them
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    I say I do not have them so what to open? 🤣
  • I'm new. Why not open them?
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    I'm new. Why not open them?

Exactly, why not open them now?
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    I've failed twice since the announcement of the blade crystal, opened 2 5 star crystals. Too much of s chance for a non-Blade pull, especially since I'm just going for a dupe on him.

I pulled Venom the Duck and Drax, which instantly highlights the terrible nature of these crystals.

Save yourself the horror of 'wasting ' shards and not getting blade. Just open them and be disappointed anyway!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Don’t look at them. If the temptation is too big, don’t login to the game until the Blade crystals are out. If you can’t resist logging in, install a mod and fight a quest with it. You’ll be given a complimentary 7 day break from the game. (Kidding about the last one)
  • invasian82invasian82 Posts: 42
    I am going for the dupe as well. I just enjoy seeing the number of crystals available to open increase so that's what motivates me from not opening them. unless you need to open them of course (units, pots, t4ccs, etc)

I look at dd/cow/bg (their numbers, 8k-10k) and strive for that lol
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Every time you go to open them, slap yourself silly. That’s what I do
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    When I used to save for the old featured crystals, the goal of getting as many shards as possible made it easy. Pop everything but the 5* crystal and push yourself to get more and more shards.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    If you save up, your reward will feel a lot better than it actually should. If I open 10 phc's it will feel better than just 1 or even 5 phc's.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Just determine the probability of pulling a champ u want, ie someone you would rank up to play as, then pretend u have 30k shards and multiply your probability of the basic crystal by 3 (3•10k=30k) and the featured/blade crystals by 2 (2•15k=30k) and you will figure out what has the most bang for your buck. I chose basic and I ended up with a MS. But that’s me, not you. Do it for yourself and you will at least realize you made the most educated choice if you end up with a bad pull.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Open as many 2-4 star crystals as you can to get your fix, but HOLD THE DOOR!! I mean, hold for blade crystal.
  • PEKKACHUPEKKACHU Posts: 136
    I can't prevent myself for opening crystals either. It's really hard. Just keep telling yourself if you do it now you'll get falcon, if you wait you'll get blade.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Just (don't) Do It!!!!
  • jimmyjohnsjimmyjohns Posts: 24
    Mob mentality, being in an alliance where everyone is holding helps you resist the urge.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Just don't open them.
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 932 ★★★
    I usually open mine immediately, but currently I am hoarding all of them to have one big crystal opening day, May be on Blade day. Haven't made up my mind...
  • crgoodw1ncrgoodw1n Posts: 125
    Once you get to the point where you have no gold and your ISO is expiring, you will learn the painful way.