**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New members can't join war [Merged Threads]

NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
We recruited new members like @Kabam Miike said we could do after we enlisted and before placement. Now those members can't join war. This isn't fair and im hoping it is just an error and will be fixed. Anyone else having this problem?
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 137
    Yes
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I made a thread about this earlier, now it's disappeared with no answer
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    We barely has time to recruit new members and this will really hurt 5h3 outcome of this war
    Thanks for the quick response @Kabam Miike
  • TChalllaTChallla Posts: 85
    I was under the impression that we could pull new members during the enlistment period and have them be eligible.

As it stands I have two people that were able to join AQ but are being prevented from joining war.

What gives?
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    Same problem for my alliance.
    Kabam mike responded to my earlier post about this and said they r currently looking into it.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    Same problem, people joined after enlistment and before matchmaking seemingly as miike said and they can't join war.
    I'm wondering if we should have someone else take the spot in war or wait and see if this gets resolved before attack phase begins
    We just ran 2 battlegroups so at least other members can join but it's not fair to the new recruits that joined expecting to be able to contribute and get rewards
  • HershyHershy Posts: 149
    Had a feeling this could happen so I delisted when we made a roster change and then enlisted again. Everyone hasn’t placed yet so I have yet to see if we have this same issue
    @Hershy Smart....wish I would have thought to do that. I just went by what kabam mike said and figured we could recruit up until placement.
    If it stays like this replacing a member between wars will be near impossible by the time the rewards show up.
  • Follow up poster said “before matchmaking” which should be correct (and if not allowed to join, then looks like a bug). But original poster mentioned “before placement” (which was up to 4 hours after matchmaking), so did @Neotwism 's new people come in before or after the 2pm EST (11am PST) matchmaking time ??
  • AryannaAryanna Posts: 76
    If he joined while in another alliance during the enlisting phase then he’s locked into that Alliance’s AW
    @SummonerNR It was before matchmaking and he wasn't in an alliance before joining.
  • From previous posts it was stated that as long as a new member joins before matchmaking starts, they will be eligible to participate in AW.

We had a new member join 24hrs ago. By my calculations matchmaking started about 16.5hrs ago. Yet the new member cannot join AW. Am i missing something or is there an issue with the new system?
  • Col66Col66 Posts: 26
    Cant you just un enlist when a new person joins and then re enlist ( its not locked), wouldn't that reset it based on your current member
  • HershyHershy Posts: 149
    Hershy wrote: »
    Had a feeling this could happen so I delisted when we made a roster change and then enlisted again. Everyone hasn’t placed yet so I have yet to see if we have this same issue

Turns out one of the people who joined during enlistment phase can’t join war so we got screwed too
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Hey All,

We are looking into this right now.
  • TrackerX55TrackerX55 Posts: 45
    @Col66 that's not the point it was clearly stated in the announcement post that alliance members that joined during enlistment phase would be eligible

4rn2dgr7ur35.jpg

It just shows the lack of QA and the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing
  • SumtingwongSumtingwong Posts: 16
    I have been in the alliance for a week and I can't join AW. I tried resetting it 10 times already. I can only spectate. Anyone new to an alliance experiencing this?
  • Same here, 3 new recruits can't place, they all brought before placement started
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Hey All,

We are looking into this right now.

What about the scheduled 7pm gmt starts?

• ManGlitterManGlitter Posts: 15
    We have someone in our Alliance with the same issue
  • Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    Should of know. New members can't join, attack phase starts five hours early. This sounds about right for kabam's roleout. Another unnecessary lost. Thanks kabam you guys are the best
  • XygonXygon Posts: 123
    It only started 2.75 hours early... but still early
  • ManGlitterManGlitter Posts: 15
    nfr13idbwums.jpeg
  • Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 118
    No, five hours. It's supposed to start at 3 PM on the east but starts at 10 am that's 5 hours.