**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War staring times ruining the game

The new war timing is flat out insulting and on verge of discrimination against your pacific time zone players. It now ends when we are getting up and starting work, are we supposed to rearrange our schedules cause Kabam wants to put more control in the game????
Why can’t we start when we want? It has worked for years!!! Please change this back and focus on fixing what is wrong with the game instead of adding features that are going to keep breaking the game.
You have serious bugs and gameplay issues that are causing connection dropouts and unresponsivness during fights but instead of working those bugs out you start changing staring times and adding new features to confuse people????

Comments

• ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    Yes. Fix this please. The old time was better
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    It has not worked well with top alliances who have been able to cheat because of the old system
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Also:
    Just so everyone doesn't have to go rummaging through this VERY long thread. Change is on the horizon. Here's the posts by Kabam Miike that can be found throughout...

5zmx1f9r7ima.jpg

0vrt3fh46pgq.jpg

a9wsbolrc7l2.jpg

So there's the summary. Change is coming likely next cycle. Chances are Season will be delayed. So we have been heard, and it looks like war #3 will be the last to be as it currently is. Thankfully.

Just for clarification, for the next war, you can choose to Enlist NOW. Do not wait until war ends as you may miss the Enlistment window. As it currently stands, Enlistment period is 44 hours long, which is only down during Matchmaking. During placement and attack phases, Enlistment is up for the next war. Attack phase, 24 hours. Placement phase, 20 hours PAST your match being made. So I cannot fathom how anyone (short of a system malfunction) missed Enlistment. Plenty of time.

Also placement is only 4 hours shorter than it was prior. If your Alliance mates can't be bothered to place within the 1st 12-15 hours, you may want to consider finding new ones. It takes only a minute to place your champs. Give them the heads up that you want plenty of time to do your defense grid. It's pretty simple.

Hearing about those 2 issues is just maddening. Both are avoidable. If the system screws up, that's one thing. However, if you miss it, that's on you.

• Theduder55Theduder55 Posts: 35
    Voltolos wrote: »
    It has not worked well with top alliances who have been able to cheat because of the old system

I get they are trying to fix the cheating but do it without screwing those alliances up that aren’t and have to work around daily lives.
    I hope they fix this, it’s very short sided and half-baked IMO.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    Please consider giving players more energy in AQ/AW (not just 5), and/or extending how long the attack phase of war is. The defense phase doesn't need to be 20 hours.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Is the 11 am PST start no longer a reality? Isn't that what was announced?
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    You're right. Not sure why Kabam didn't give more energy to players whilst they test all of this. Right now, we are searching...not sure I understand but it says 3 hours left...pretty dumb since we finished our other war like 3 hours ago. Silly system.. Give us more energy
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★

That is what was initially stated, they have since said there was miscommunication in the original announcement about it. There was also a graphic showing that all wars started at the same time.. again.. that was apparently misunderstood by the community.. It seems to me that whoever was disseminating the information didn't actually know what was to be rolled out.. a matter of one hand not talking to the other..
  • @Voltolos glad someone saw that post :wink: .
  • There are MANY who would beg to differ @Cranmer00 . Perfect it is not. The idea of Enlistment is great to prevent Collusion for sure. But the timing needs work. That much has been made clear by the major uproar in the main thread. The system needs tweaking. No question about that. However the main idea is a big step in the right direction. That quote posted above is from the main thread which can be found here...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/120068/new-alliance-wars-matchmaking-system-season-8-details#latest

Feel free to skim it and see how many do not like things as they are. I don't think back pedaling to the old system is a good idea. Just the same, this new system needs some work. Those that have to start/end at 7 AM or earlier dependent upon which timezone you're in for sure do not agree that the start time is 'perfect.' Perfection implies that there's nothing better. In that respect, it is FAR from perfect. Also, as shown from the quote, things are gonna change.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    Hey @Voltolos , thanks for dropping by with all those comments from Miike.

@Theduder55 - We are actively listening to you all and absolutely taking every point of comment/suggestion/feedback you give us about this. We understand this hasn't been an ideal situation for many and we are hearing your voices in it. We are listening and we are discussing it profoundly with the rest of the team.

I appreciate that it’s being discussed to hopefully improve the situation because that’s important. While I am skeptical anything meaningful will be done until I see it with my own eyes, I find it extremely disappointing and distressful that this change was implemented presumably with the belief that this was a GOOD idea/system to begin with. Who thought this was going to work? They must not actively play the game...like at all.
  • I agree. The mid afternoon start time is not good for those of us who have day jobs. My alliance would always delay our war start time to the evening when the majority of our members were available to join and move. We could live with the start times if we were able to bank more than 5 moves. If we could start with 5 and then be able to bank an additional 5 (for a total of 10) we could live with the new start and end times
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    The new timing is perfect in South East Asia. Attack phase starts when we are about to sleep, we can spend the energy and go to sleep. Wake up in the morning and then again use the energy. Then go to school/office/work. Then come back and finish the war.
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★

That is what was initially stated, they have since said there was miscommunication in the original announcement about it. There was also a graphic showing that all wars started at the same time.. again.. that was apparently misunderstood by the community.. It seems to me that whoever was disseminating the information didn't actually know what was to be rolled out.. a matter of one hand not talking to the other..

Ok I didn't see that. So 7 am PST is going to be the start time throughout next season?

They don't need to go back to the old system. They just need to add an option for a start time. They could have minimum of 3: 7 am PST, 3 pm PST, 11 pm PST. Not perfect, but it would alleviate some of the concerns.
  • BiosmithiiBiosmithii Posts: 21
    The AW atk fase will start 5h before we finish AQ Map 6. The champions we usually put on defense, likely Medusas, will be locked, so we'll have to put some random champions on defense...That's not fair
  • I actually like the change.

War starts at a specific time and runs for 24 hours. Everyone has to sleep, work and eat approximately the same number of hours, and aw just takes up a few minutes. Really isn't a big deal.

The big upside is that cheating alliances can no longer collude and say, "lets start war at this time so that we can get matched to each other". Doesn't seem like much difference, but top alliances will know this is a big deal.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Hey @Voltolos , thanks for dropping by with all those comments from Miike.

@Theduder55 - We are actively listening to you all and absolutely taking every point of comment/suggestion/feedback you give us about this. We understand this hasn't been an ideal situation for many and we are hearing your voices in it. We are listening and we are discussing it profoundly with the rest of the team.

Are you actively listening to all of us concerning the champion challenge as well? You seem awfully quiet about that.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    I actually like the change.

War starts at a specific time and runs for 24 hours. Everyone has to sleep, work and eat approximately the same number of hours, and aw just takes up a few minutes. Really isn't a big deal.

The big upside is that cheating alliances can no longer collude and say, "lets start war at this time so that we can get matched to each other". Doesn't seem like much difference, but top alliances will know this is a big deal.

Except half our alliance is asleep the last 7 hrs of war. It doesn’t work for us at all. They need to have three (or more) windows to start. It will stop collusion (which is the point) and we can pick a time where we can actually participate.

Finish before you sleep

AW/AQ energy doesn't work like that
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    I actually like the change.

Except half our alliance is asleep the last 7 hrs of war. It doesn’t work for us at all. They need to have three (or more) windows to start. It will stop collusion (which is the point) and we can pick a time where we can actually participate.

Finish before you sleep

Doesn’t work like that. We have people in Europe that unlink the people from western U.S. who will be asleep by the time they’re unlinked. We might be able to make it work if we reconfigured all 3 bgs by time zones intead of defender diversity and line assignments but that’s pretty freak’n stupid to have to do. I’m pretty sure we’ll just opt out of aw until they fix it.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    I'm in CST, and it's totally effed things up for me.

They should implement a time window as to when you want matchmaking to happen.
This discussion has been closed.