**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tier 3 Class Daily Quest - Seriously?

I ran both paths (at three energy a move no less, so two full energy refills at level 60) and got less than 1000 shards of a tier 3 catalyst for skill today. Honestly Kabam - this low level of catalyst, two full energy refills, and not even 1/2 of the shards to form a tier THREE catalyst? Why have you reduced the drop rate of this so much - a purposeful bottleneck of this resource? Considering you need these to rank TWO your five star champs, or even rank your four star champs at their low level, to not even just get ONE full catalyst doing every path on the daily quest is ridiculous. I've played this game for over 3 years and the fix to this would be SO SIMPLE and fair - just give a full one on your full complete. It's once a week. It's not game breaking. And there really isn't any excuse for it.

Comments

• I thought I was the only one! Whenever I get new champs of the same class I would struggle to get them both to at least rank 3/30. Don't get me wrong I do have more than enough iso to level them both BUT I have to do that stupid t3cc and t2cc a DOZEN TIMES just to get enough for half of what is required! Never have I wasted so much energy just to get like 1 cc. I even struggle with the 3 t2cc that requires to rank up to 2. Fifty bloody hards each go around? Are you serious?
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,426 ★★★★
    I ran both paths (at three energy a move no less, so two full energy refills at level 60) and got less than 1000 shards of a tier 3 catalyst for skill today. Honestly Kabam - this low level of catalyst, two full energy refills, and not even 1/2 of the shards to form a tier THREE catalyst? Why have you reduced the drop rate of this so much - a purposeful bottleneck of this resource? Considering you need these to rank TWO your five star champs, or even rank your four star champs at their low level, to not even just get ONE full catalyst doing every path on the daily quest is ridiculous. I've played this game for over 3 years and the fix to this would be SO SIMPLE and fair - just give a full one on your full complete. It's once a week. It's not game breaking. And there really isn't any excuse for it.

You do understand you can run it more than the 2 times - I've run it 5 times once in a 24 hr period to farm 3 tech cats. Spoiler: a full one often pops up in the 3 star chests after full exploration.
  • KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    You can also run them again. Just because you've 100%'ed it doesn't mean you can't run it again. And it can still give you nothing, or it can give you the catalyst you need. It's a crapshoot. I generally ( 9 times out of ten) get what I need.
  • You can also run them again. Just because you've 100%'ed it doesn't mean you can't run it again. And it can still give you nothing, or it can give you the catalyst you need. It's a crapshoot. I generally ( 9 times out of ten) get what I need.

no one here is unaware of being able to farm, it's the matter of how little compared to the energy cost to do so. That was the issue, it's all bad.
  • johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 164
    I always get at least 1 fully formed Tier 3 CC from 2 runs for 100% completion of daily quests from the chest and with the shards I usually end up forming 2 or coming close with a Tier 2 sale pushing me over. I am level 60 and just completed Act 4 (Conqueror)
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Same as above...i pull 3 to 4, even as many as six depending on the shards from daily events sitting in my inventory.
    wl8ayfn4a8yq.jpg
    That is the t2 run.
  • Tahmkench911Tahmkench911 Posts: 61
    or use ure Glory.... u can buy 1 a week for 200...
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,632 Guardian
    edited February 2019
    He's talking about the T3 level quests. Yes, T2 has very good drop rates, as well as the guaranteed ones too. As others have said, the Solo event T3Frag (and whole) crystals are where you can build up a bunch from. Just don't always open those crystals if you don’t have a need for them at the time, and if you are otherwise max'd in Inventory (else in Stash they might expire before you need to use them).
    * Weekly alliance class event also will be giving you some of those T3 as well I believe.
    Yes i know we are talking about t4 ru3gcpqlgnih.jpg
    T3 i mean and here is the first run using 3 star science champs and 2 mystic champs. Point is these quests do give full t3c cats...you gotta choose the right team and sometimes you need to play it more than 2 times through. I find that often i get the full t3 after i trigger a t3 offer. So hang in there and try different lower tier teams.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    T3 i mean and here is the first run using 3 star science champs and 2 mystic champs. Point is these quests do give full t3c cats...you gotta choose the right team and sometimes you need to play it more than 2 times through. I find that often i get the full t3 after i trigger a t3 offer. So hang in there and try different lower tier teams.

No point wasting energy on the t3cc quest now that u can get them from the glory store
    n1wknx23k3sq.jpg
    x303h6acrg7s.jpg
    Choose carefully and it pays off!
    That is true though! With daily events the sunday quests you can build em pretty quick. I stay overstocked. As for these quests? I don't just do them for the cats. This is where i can safely test out team and squad builds, learn the mechanics of different champs, and plan for how i can use what i habe learned when i decide to rank higher champs. Synergy is important to me. Sometimes i run them with only three champs, others i use 5 but more often than not they reward my experimentation! I hope that helps.