**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Game Difficulty

Summoners,

Has anybody else noticed a spike in game difficulty in the past week? I've made a similar post about arena matchmaking and how the algorithm forces you into matches that are literally unwinnable. Since then, I've noticed an amplification of that effect. If my win streak is above 10, I am doomed to face champs that will obliterate me as soon as they get sp3. Whatsmore, when questing, the AI bots are now able to use their sp3 and absolutely demolish my champions as well? For as much time as I've invested in this game in the past 2 months, this is getting absurd. Im lvl 44 (BHR 68,567) and only have 11 4* champs, but how can I progress if I am constantly being punished for playing the game?

Is anybody else experiencing this? I've been playing for 2 months and I love the game but this frustration is beginning to outweigh the enjoyment. Kabam, I feel the sp3 system in the game needs a revamp. To me, I cannot justify losing matches when I land 80+ hits to their 10-15, just to be put down by their sp3. Why even bother trying to win these matches? But my biggest question, how is it fair to castrate skilled players with win streaks? I've lost SO much time just trying to keep my multiplier at 3x to stay competitive in arenas and I cannot justify this imbalance any longer.

Comments

• SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    I'm not disagreeing, but you know you can bait the SP1 and SP2 before they get to the 3, right?
    I think Dork Lessons has a good vid on baiting specials.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    This exactly how the game is suppose to be. In arena you’re not suppose to be able to win every match unless you have a deep high rank roster. And the part about champs in quests being able to use their sp3 is because after you get past act3 the champs have their specials unlocked in act 4. Also other parts of the contest the champs are always going to use their sp3. The game gets harder the further you get.
  • imnooneimnoone Posts: 316 ★★
    Search "How to get to infinite streak in arena" on google or on this forum and you'll find plenty of directions.
    You have to follow certain methods to get to that.
    Arenas are easy.
  • LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★
    GET GUD!!!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @niceguy22 the AI has always had a 3rd special depending on what quest you are running. Arena has always given hard matches after 10 or 11 unless you use high ranked champs and fight kang/thanos team or sandbag. Then it gets easy after 15 to forever provided you keep you team pi high enough. Learn how to bait specials and you won't get hit with a SP3.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    I think the game is much easier now relatively speaking with respect to availability of 4* and even 5* champs to players below level 40.

You have 11 4* at Level 44, I only have 1 on reaching Level 41.

You will need to learn, parry, evade, bait special, intercept to do well in game.

I am still struggling (if you are wondering). I fought a miniboss Cable on Map 3, I took him down in 74 hits, I got one hit (a heavy) only and my champ health is below 40%. I need to git gud.
  • niceguy22 wrote: »
    Is anybody else experiencing this?

Yes and no. Yes, I believe everyone experiences what you are describing, and the reason is because the game seems simple on the surface but there is a lot of tactical and metagaming strategy under the surface.

In particular, you seem to be running into a bit of metagaming that players generally refer to as "infinite streak." In the arena, there's a difficulty curve and understanding how this curve works is the key to extending your win streak into unlimited territory. There is a very simple idea that although isn't 100% accurate, it works as a rule of thumb. Pretend there's an invisible difficulty rating in the arena. As your win streak gets higher, this invisible rating meter also gets higher. This invisible meter represents how strong the arena is currently "geared for." If you bring a team this strong or higher, the match will actually be easy - not because you are stronger, but also because the arena will send easier foes against you. Conversely, if you bring something weaker than that, the arena will "punish" you by sending in stronger things. It is Price is Right in reverse: go lower than the invisible meter, and you get whacked.

You can google guides on strategies for achieving infinite streak, and they will revolve around two main strategies. First, use your lower ranked champs when you can get away with it, and use your higher ranked champions when you need to. A lot of people start with their highest and work downward: that's actually the worst possible way to try to get a long streak. Second, if your roster is smaller, the guides will recommend "sandbagging." To continue your streak you only need to win two out of three matches. So sometimes you can improve your odds by bringing a team with two high rating champs and one low one. Say you bring a team with champions with 2000 rating, 2000 rating, and 200 rating. Your total rating is 4200. If the game decides to send a similar rating team, it will probably be closer to 1400, 1400, 1400. That seems bad because one of those fights will be really bad for you: 200 vs 1400. But two will be good for you: 2000 vs 1400. Where this excels is if the game decides to send a much harder team against you: let's say it sends a double-strength team against you of rating 8400. That will be 2800, 2800, 2800. Now, that 200 vs 2800 match will likely be hopeless. But your other two fights will be 2000 vs 2800: that's pretty close and more likely to be winnable, even against a team that on paper is twice as strong as yours.

Beyond this, there is a world of tactical skills to learn in this game to get better and stronger. My recommendation: seek out Dorky Diggity Dave's Youtube channel, and look for his Training series of videos. These will introduce you to game tactics like Parrying, Intercepting, Evading, Baiting Specials, and the like. Knowing and practicing these is the key to getting better in the game.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I think they should just make arena ai more aggressive
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Posts: 375 ★★★
    I think thats the "challenger rating"
    Im still not 100% aware of what it fully is.
    But from what i understand a 4* does less damage and has a higher intensity ai fighting 5*.
    A 5* fighting a 4* will feel slower, in block damage lower, less parry damage, etc.
    But flip that and its vice versa.

I truly think the implementation of the "challenger rating" system is why a 3* has absurd parry damage against a 5*. And why its intensity is more "agressive"
    But i agree with the champs holding sp3 is annoying.
    They back you into a corner and get sp3 then immediately throw it.

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    1_ShuNeu_1 wrote: »
    I think thats the "challenger rating"

Here is the official post on Challenger rating if it helps.
  • KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    Only been two months and you’re doing great OP. Don’t get desperate because of what you see everyone else is doing you’re already well ahead of the pace that many other players have set as standards. As everyone has said, the first few months are so simple that it makes you believe that’s all there is to the game but that’s just the tip of an incredibly enormous iceberg. Take the time to master the fundamentals of parrying and baiting specials and your concerns will fade in no time. As for the infinite streak I don’t think you have the champs to do it just yet but you should be getting close. There are ways to make it so that fights are always easy enough to beat as has been mentioned.
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    GET GUD!!!

agreed