**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Advice on master

What am I doing wrong I'll put down like 28+ hit on Sinister and then I die not even getting hit, I bait and evade Sp1? Do I have to use Unit-Man to beat him? Any advice from the warriors of the battle realm?

trying to git gud

Comments

• Off the top of my head, I don't recall Mister Sinister being able to kill me without hitting me. The biggest concern was being able to block his combo-scaling regen.

If you aren't actually evading his special one, it transfers debuffs back to you. So if you stacked up a bunch of bleeds or something on him and then didn't actually perfectly evade SP1, you could have been killed by your own debuffs being sent back to you. If you aren't good at evading him, I'd recommend not using champs that deal lots of stacking debuffs.
  • scxoxoscxoxo Posts: 109
    did you hit into his block a bunch of times? i once died from degen because i was trying to bait out his special by hitting into his block, which, apparently, causes degen and i didn’t realise.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    Debuff transfer is my guess, if he's bleeding, burning, etc... even if you block SP1, it transfers to you.
  • Hendross wrote: »
    Debuff transfer is my guess, if he's bleeding, burning, etc... even if you block SP1, it transfers to you.

I had to double check but apparently the transfer happens even if you fully evade the attack also according to the spotlight. I used Void on him, and Void's debuffs are not technically "damaging debuffs" (the damage doesn't come from the debuff itself, but from Void's passive ability to inflict degen on targets if they are suffering from debuffs), so I didn't notice this effect when fighting him.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    I'm fairly certain I successfully evaded debuff transfer, but I have no evidence. I also found Quake to be the MVP, so to the OP if you have Quake, that would be my suggestion. No hits = no power gain or regeneration. He's also rather defensive so it was an easy quake fight with no limber, debuff immune or true strike, etc.
  • Hendross wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain I successfully evaded debuff transfer, but I have no evidence. I also found Quake to be the MVP, so to the OP if you have Quake, that would be my suggestion. No hits = no power gain or regeneration. He's also rather defensive so it was an easy quake fight with no limber, debuff immune or true strike, etc.

I have no gameplay to go on also since Void doesn't care either, but this is in the spotlight for the champ: https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-mister-sinister/
    Special 1 – Genetic Disruption

Mister Sinister sends a pulse of energy, infusing his opponent with faulty genetic material.

* 100% chance to Transfer all Damaging Debuffs to the opponent for 4 seconds. This ability activates even if this attack is Blocked or avoided.
    * 100% Chance to cause Degeneration, inflicting 990.4 Direct Damage over 4 seconds.

Developer Notes: It’s important to remember that the Transfer of Damaging Debuffs cannot be prevented. Definitely reconsider bringing any epic Bleed champions in against him.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    Wayntos wrote: »
    What am I doing wrong I'll put down like 28+ hit on Sinister and then I die not even getting hit, I bait and evade Sp1? Do I have to use Unit-Man to beat him? Any advice from the warriors of the battle realm?

trying to git gud

SP1, any debuff on him transfer to you champ no exceptions. It’s best to save a special that causes debuff until he throws it. Just block it. Blade helped me a lot, same with modok and surprisingly sparky did. Crit hits give him a small regen depends on you hit combo.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I find Ultron and Sentinel pretty satisfying. Ultron bleeds cannot be thrown back as he's bleed immune and Sentinel can heal block his regen + mutant pursuit ability reduces special attack damage. Just make sure you don't do the sp2 as Sentinel is not incinerate immune; Hulk ragnarok does the trick as well and doesn't have damaging debuffs.