**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why do ou hate me?

AcesDaPuggAcesDaPugg Posts: 23
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
I have put my heart and soul into this game grinding everyday since I started playing being loyal even though all your **** that you've pulled in the past and you'd think it would cut me a break right? WRONG! I have opened 8 featured 5 star crystals and have pulled nothing but **** characters like the one I just pulled... rhino. Why would I want a rhino over iceman? Can you give us the odds for the crystals so we know what our odds are like this is ridiculous. Seatin has opened about 11ish and has pulled 4 maybe 5? I haven't pulled nothing but hulkbusters and rhinos all day
Post edited by Kabam Spice on

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    Its not personal against you, it's everyone except popular youtubers.

Drop Rates are no different for broadcasters. People just notice when they get good rolls because they're broadcasting them.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★

Drop Rates are no different for broadcasters. People just notice when they get good rolls because they're broadcasting them.
    I think you cannot assert anything except if you're a Kabam employed and you're reading the code.

Plus, it's just a joke.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

I think you cannot assert anything except if you're a Kabam employed and you're reading the code.

If you want to get technical, not even the devs would know if the game was handing out special rewards to the youtubers because that would be handled by the operations staff. The game operators have the ability to do that in theory. The actual programmers probably don't, because in most MMOs they don't get to see the live databases. They couldn't insert code to grant a specific youtuber a specific reward because they wouldn't know what their player id record number was.
    Plus, it's just a joke.
    You can't expect anyone to know that, since a lot of people actually believe this and state it incessantly on the forums.

• Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Youtubers miss too. Those are actually some of my favorite vids to watch, their Negative reactions are usually priceless.

The drop rate is somewhere around 25% for the feature, but you won't get a confirmation on that. Personally I'm slightly over that on a higher number of pulls. I've had some good luck but also missed on Iceman today.
  • Options
    CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Jesus loves you
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    If you want to get technical, not even the devs would know if the game was handing out special rewards to the youtubers because that would be handled by the operations staff. The game operators have the ability to do that in theory. The actual programmers probably don't, because in most MMOs they don't get to see the live databases. They couldn't insert code to grant a specific youtuber a specific reward because they wouldn't know what their player id record number was.
    I don't want to get technical, I just want to do a short answer in a forum.

Technically I'm still right but you're free to think "probably don't" was evidence.
    You can't expect anyone to know that, since a lot of people actually believe this and state it incessantly on the forums.
    I didn't expect anything, he misunderstood it then I explained it.
    Now you misunderstand another thing and I'm explaining it too.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Technically I'm still right but you're free to think "probably don't" was evidence.
    I didn't expect anything, he misunderstood it then I explained it.
    Now you misunderstand another thing and I'm explaining it too.

Lack of evidence to disprove something does not make it true by default. We have not proven that there is no life on other Planets. That doesn't mean I protect my thoughts with tinfoil.
    Our perception is what makes us believe certain people have better drops. Thousands of Players have good drops everyday. We don't notice because a) we rarely hear about it unless it's unfavorable, and b) the YouTube Community broadcasts just about everything. In that, they can edit what they share and what they don't. Unless it's a Live Stream. It's subjective. Person A sees Person B have a good roll and subsequently believes they are favored. In actuality, Person B has a whole host of unfavorable rolls that we rarely see and almost never notice because all we see is what they rolled that we did not.
    As for being an employee, it's been stated that the Drop Rates are not altered. I don't have to be a Kabam Employee to reiterate that.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Lack of evidence to disprove something does not make it true by default.
    But you need evidence to assert things. Always.

In fact that phrase could be applied to you, because the lack of evidence to disprove the yadda yadda don't make true your statement yadda yadda.

But please, it was just a joke.
    You guys should try stop wanting to be the smartest living form everywhere everytime. This kind of people is not well loved in real world, it's funny just in tbbt (well it was funny because that show is wasted seasons ago).

Disclaimer trying avoid another misunderstood of me, I've been kind the whole time.
  • Options
    Lack of evidence to disprove something does not make it true by default.
    But you need evidence to assert things. Always.

In fact that phrase could be applied to you, because the lack of evidence to disprove the yadda yadda don't make true your statement yadda yadda.

But please, it was just a joke.
    You guys should try stop wanting to be the smartest living form everywhere everytime. This kind of people is not well loved in real world, it's funny just in tbbt (well it was funny because that show is wasted seasons ago).

So when all else fails you resort to taking personal shots. If it was a joke, fair enough. However, the burden of proof would be on you because you asserted that YouTubers are given better pulls. Until recently, you were debating. Now it's a joke. Interesting.
    People love me just fine. Thanks.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

That's a bold quip for someone that apparently has no idea what he's talking about. Unless you are attempting performance art, calling out someone for being ignorant of the details of how MCOC functions while highlighting ignorance in how all MMOs are operated is humor on a level that is a bit too subtle to be appreciated by anyone else.
  • Options
    DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224

Plus, it's just a joke.

It was obviously a joke
  • Options
    AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    The magik trick to get a featured 5* is to get completely naked and run into town with a wild mountain goat glued to your back
  • Options
    AshtontonicAshtontonic Posts: 63
    juz to let u noe u're not alone...lolx...
  • Options
    LeftTurnAlbqrqeLeftTurnAlbqrqe Posts: 77
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Jesus loves you
    He may love me but kabam doesn't
    Even He couldn't fix with the featured crystal drop rate. THAT would be a miracle
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Atromix never pulls featured champs
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    A 20-25% featured drop rate doesn't mean you'll definitely get 1 every 5 rolls.

There's no other reason than probability.
  • Options
    Clearly it's 1/9 odds on getting what you're after. If I'm wrong keep trying till you get one. Then it'll be 1/However many times it took you to get it.

Logic.
    Sorry not sorry. The drop rate on those featured crystals has been pretty well known. You either get it and you're happy, or you don't and you blame the paint on the wall for tickling your sniffer which caused you to stop the crystal too early. Either way it's a GAMBLE. Shoot I haven't pulled anything higher than a 2* from the spiderverse crystal. And I've only gotten 2 ultimate spiderverse crystals. A million of the titles(rare drop my left glute) but still only 3*s I already had. OH and don't get me started on PHCs! It's been 2 months since I've pulled a 3*, let alone a 4*!!

I'm sorry you didn't get Iceman, but you have at least 6 more 5*s than I do. So good luck to your future pulls!! I hope you get more than a headache next time!
  • Options
    ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Beholder_V wrote: »
    For the record, a duped 5☆ Rhino is an absolute beast of a boss in AW. Think the toughest boss we've run up against was a rank 4 Rhino.

Lololol.

If rhino is giving you a hard time ... geez... get practicing already !

I shall pray that you and your ally pull multiple rhinos to defend and conquer!

c2qgvsjjzyit.jpg

• Options
    MrW3Ak___MrW3Ak___ Posts: 43
    AcesDaPugg wrote: »
    I have put my heart and soul into this game grinding everyday since I started playing being loyal even though all your **** that you've pulled in the past and you'd think it would cut me a break right? WRONG! I have opened 8 featured 5 star crystals and have pulled nothing but **** characters like the one I just pulled... rhino. Why the **** would I want a rhino over iceman? Can you give us the odds for the crystals so we know what our odds are like this is ridiculous. Seatin has opened about 11ish and has pulled 4 maybe 5? I haven't pulled nothing but hulkbusters and rhinos all day

I remember I got into an argument with you awhile ago in global chat over the way arena brackets worked.

you were wrong, but instead of admitting it you called me an idiot and said a bunch of other dumb **** that a defensive child who can't admit he is wrong would say.

You got what you deserved imo
  • Options
    AcesDaPuggAcesDaPugg Posts: 23
    MrW3Ak___ wrote: »
    AcesDaPugg wrote: »
    I have put my heart and soul into this game grinding everyday since I started playing being loyal even though all your **** that you've pulled in the past and you'd think it would cut me a break right? WRONG! I have opened 8 featured 5 star crystals and have pulled nothing but **** characters like the one I just pulled... rhino. Why the **** would I want a rhino over iceman? Can you give us the odds for the crystals so we know what our odds are like this is ridiculous. Seatin has opened about 11ish and has pulled 4 maybe 5? I haven't pulled nothing but hulkbusters and rhinos all day

I remember I got into an argument with you awhile ago in global chat over the way arena brackets worked.

you were wrong, but instead of admitting it you called me an idiot and said a bunch of other dumb **** that a defensive child who can't admit he is wrong would say.

You got what you deserved imo
    Lol my global chat has been turned off since Netflix DD was released. So you want to stop lying or do I need to get more proof xd
  • Options
    SquareSquare Posts: 19
    I agree with frustration .. they should only put decent champs in 5*s not **** champs like Luke cage and spider Gwen. Kamala Khan.. lol
  • Options
    ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Square wrote: »
    I agree with frustration .. they should only put decent champs in 5*s not **** champs like Luke cage and spider Gwen. Kamala Khan.. lol

oh so there can never be bottom tier champs? why does a tier list even exist is most games?
    if everyone can run with the best champs then there would be no such thing as diversity.

What do u want kamala khan to do? stretch more to hit more? till she can ungodly reach?
    what do you want luke cage to do? hes already a buff guy, you want him to have bigger muscles so he can hit harder?

might aswell make everyone hit harder. Then there would be a argument who hits hardest and they would only want the hardest hitting champions in the game.

What comes with the
    good also comes with the bad
    when theres night theres also day
    when theres happiness there is sadness
    when there is hope there is disbelief

• Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Square wrote: »

oh so there can never be bottom tier champs? why does a tier list even exist is most games?
    if everyone can run with the best champs then there would be no such thing as diversity.

What do u want kamala khan to do? stretch more to hit more? till she can ungodly reach?
    what do you want luke cage to do? hes already a buff guy, you want him to have bigger muscles so he can hit harder?

might aswell make everyone hit harder. Then there would be a argument who hits hardest and they would only want the hardest hitting champions in the game.

What comes with the
    good also comes with the bad
    when theres night theres also day
    when theres happiness there is sadness
    when there is hope there is disbelief

One of my least favorite arguments. There's always going to be a "bottom tier", but that doesn't mean the bottom needs to be worthless. Move the garbage tier to the middle (like they did with WS, rhino, etc.) and then people are a little happier. Clearly they won't all be Iceman, SL, gwenpool. But they don't have to be awful either.
This discussion has been closed.