**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Forum Looks Great

2»

Comments

• GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    Older (vB) forum had MUCH more functionality and users could customize their profiles and had a greater control over their posts. Can't say I'm happy with this forum

Maybe I even prefer the old forum over this one
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    I liked the old forum due to the amount of customisation available, I hope more is made available on the new forums over time so im not forced to use the one skin
  • Hi everyone! It's good to hear that some are liking things so far, and good to hear the feedback about what you don't like as well. If you have additional suggestions and feedback that you'd like to ensure is seen regarding the forums specifically, we've got a thread over here for that: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/56/forum-suggestions-and-requests

Thanks for joining us in the new forums!
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    Yelin547 wrote: »
    Liking the improvements for sure. I like the ability to jump to admin comments. Adora I did notice your color didn't change for font... is that intended?

You were able to do this in the old forums lol
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    winterthur wrote: »
    Hopefully as time passes, it is easier to use. Now it is confusing as it looks like everything is jumbled up.

I agree the mobile view looks like a jumbled mess. The quotations are hard to distinguish sometimes, the old site would have those in the yellow container.

Can you guys add more distinction between quotes and replied words? Also is everything supposed to be jam packed into one area in the mobile view? Can't seem to find other sections on the mobile view.
    NVM I found it under the categories section. Still request better distinction of quotations.
    Is there any way to change the color scheme?
  • New forums so much more up-to-date. :) Lovin' em
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I'm not a fan of the new forum layout. It's hard to keep track of things. I agree with a poster at the beginning of this thread, it's more jumbled. The notifications on my profile may make that easier over time, but as it is, it's harder to keep track of the new things than it was on the old forum.

But hey, at least I can use Iron Patriot for my profile picture.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    spumington wrote: »
    I'm
    But hey, at least I can use Iron Patriot for my profile picture.

Using IP as profile pic makes you happy? :o
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    It is going to take some getting used to.... but man it wastes a lot of screen space
    Never mind. Notifications are a jumbled mess too. I much preferred the old layout.

And yes, a IP profile pic makes me happy because of the reaction you just had to it. :D
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    Everyone is entitied to their own views. Some like it, some don't. I'm happy with it. We have color and organization. Just takes some getting used to. No more starting at the blue lines. LOL.
    Plus, I love the fact that when you send a PM, it sends. Haha. The Autosave is great. I was so tired of clearing Cookies and Copying.
    You get a notification each time someone responds to a post, whereas before you could hit the Profile link to see new responses to all of the threads you'd replied to. I preferred that. You can see the activity on each *thread* rather than each *response*. I just left for a couple of hours and came back to 17 notifications. I clicked on the notifications, and it's a notification for each response, which makes cluttered and hard to figure out which is the most recent notification that you haven't already clicked.

Not sure if that makes sense. Hopefully you can understand it. Anyway...I don't like the new setup.
  • Scotty2hotty33_Scotty2hotty33_ Posts: 85
    Great job on the forum upgrade!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    spumington wrote: »
    You get a notification each time someone responds to a post, whereas before you could hit the Profile link to see new responses to all of the threads you'd replied to. I preferred that. You can see the activity on each *thread* rather than each *response*. I just left for a couple of hours and came back to 17 notifications. I clicked on the notifications, and it's a notification for each response, which makes cluttered and hard to figure out which is the most recent notification that you haven't already clicked.

Not sure if that makes sense. Hopefully you can understand it. Anyway...I don't like the new setup.

You can switch the Preferences to Allow or Deny Notifications, including the Posts you comment on.
This discussion has been closed.