**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 6/ Cavalier Crystals

2»

Comments

• Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    what gap?
    seriously what gap?
    roster size does not mean anything.

whats the difference?
    a f2p player with
    4 x 5/65
    10 x 4/55
    30 x 3/45
    3 x r2 6*
    8 x r1 6*
    and a whale with
    4 x 5/65
    10 x 4/55
    60 x 3/45
    3 x r2 6*
    20 x r 1 6*

a biggger roster. what does that mean? diddly freaking squat.
    after about ur top 20-30 champs the rest of ur roster means nothing. not a damn thing except in some very rare situational circumstances.

fyi i am not a whale.
    i only have 2 x 5/65, 4 x 4/55, 4 x r1 6*.
    yeah it might be slightly annoying but it means nothing. nothing at all.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,245 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    You're not seeing the greater picture here. The gate won't allow 4*s. That means you will have to have 5*s and 6*s. That's it. When you're talking about how many are useful and how many aren't, that's aside from the fact that all you need to do it is 5*s. Theoretically, if you were tremendously skilled and had the right Champ, you could do it with 1. Let alone a Team of 5. Which, I'm sure by Act 6, people have at least 5. What it does is ensure that access to increased rates of 5*s and 6*s doesn't go to, let's say, someone only using 4*s. That would be detrimental to the order of the game.
  • Options
    the gap is there, it always will be, and really it is a gap that means nothing for the most part.
    a f2p can do every single bit of content it this game no problem.
    the only thing a f2p cannot do is get a roster quite as large and as deep as a whale. but that really achieves nothing.
    who cares how big your roster is?
    you can only use a small amount of it at a time.

sound familar?
    the only thing they win is the measuring contest which really holds bugger all value other than in the minds of people bothered by what others have..
  • Options
    It's not Spending VS. F2P. It's Progress Level A, and Progress Level B.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

You're not seeing the greater picture here. The gate won't allow 4*s. That means you will have to have 5*s and 6*s. That's it. When you're talking about how many are useful and how many aren't, that's aside from the fact that all you need to do it is 5*s. Theoretically, if you were tremendously skilled and had the right Champ, you could do it with 1. Let alone a Team of 5. Which, I'm sure by Act 6, people have at least 5. What it does is ensure that access to increased rates of 5*s and 6*s doesn't go to, let's say, someone only using 4*s. That would be detrimental to the order of the game.

are you talking to me @GroundedWisdom cus if you are what you said make no sense.
    I am only talking about 5* and 6*. not once have I mentioned 4* at all.
    I am saying that the crystal makes no difference to progression or balance of the game.
    those in a position to buy the crystals already have the roster capable of doing most things and therefore the crystal does not hurt the balance

It's not Spending VS. F2P. It's Progress Level A, and Progress Level B.

dud I am talking about those saying its p2w and saying its not.
    you are talking against me yet you are saying exactly what I am saying.

p2w... win what exactly? the largest roster contest?
    as far as war goes you only need 8 good champs.
    doesnt matter if you have 10 or 100.

rank up resources and the ability to rank champs is what makes people get fiurther infront.
    having more champs means diddly squat.
    1 v 10 yeah sure.
    but 10 v 20
    or 50 v 100
    or 100 v 150.
    no difference.

if these crystals were like instant rank ups then you might have a valid argument.
    but even then, You pay you deserve to get something.
    if paying did not give you a benifit then no-one would pay./
    if no-one paid then no money would be made and the game would close down.

so i ask again.
    what does one win exactly by getting more 5* and 6* than you?
    what can they do that you cant?
    anyone capable of doing cavalier already has a decent roster that can compete in end game content.
    what dowes buying 100000 of these crystals allow you to win exactly?

only the good old fashioned measuring contest.

• Options
    It makes a huge difference when we're discussing giving access to it for those that aren't far along enough, which is what the Thread is about.
    I agree with your second thought. It's not about money. Perhaps we're on the same page. I thought you were on the side of saying they should be given before.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

It makes a huge difference when we're discussing giving access to it for those that aren't far along enough, which is what the Thread is about.
    I agree with your second thought. It's not about money. Perhaps we're on the same page. I thought you were on the side of saying they should be given before.

**** no.
    I think they are the best crystal and only those who prove themselves should have them.
    you clearly have mis-understood something along the way.

I am saying they cant hurt the balance at all cus no one can buy them who isn't already strong.

and besides what does 100 6* achieve?
    you can only use 8 at a time. (in AW)

and also people spending thousands of units on crystals instead of in the arena means lower cutoffs so it actually benefits peeps that cant buy them.
  • Options
    Yeah I misread your points, my bad. I mean, they can hurt the balance if they're not properly allocated, but I agree with your sentiment. Sorry. For a second, I thought you were saying they should be given to people before Act 6 because it would make no difference. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Yeah I misread your points, my bad. I mean, they can hurt the balance if they're not properly allocated, but I agree with your sentiment. Sorry. For a second, I thought you were saying they should be given to people before Act 6 because it would make no difference. :)

hell no.
    that would allow people with little to no skill and no time invested into the game to just suddenly rise to the top.
    devaluing all the hard work put in by people.

they make no diff in the sense that someone who can buy them already has many 5/65 and many 6* so a few more makes no difference. they can't use them all at once.
    lets say someone has 5 5/65 defenders, korg, imiw, thing, mr sinister, domino, and they have 3 5/65 attackers CapIW, Corvus, Ghost.
    what does it matter if they get another 30 5* and more 6*?
    they already have a loaded deck.
    it literally makes no difference

but if someone with only 4* suddenly buys these than bamn instant top level account.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Maat1985 said:

I am saying that the crystal makes no difference to progression or balance of the game.

If you've looked carefully at the Act 6 map and analyzed the paths, it will. Only a few players have the roster to complete Act 6.1 once. Even fewer of those have counters to every node in every path. Kabam has been trying to break the notion that there's the top ten champs and everyone else for quite some time. They've been slowly getting less bad at it. I'd say they got a little bit less bad in Act 6. I'm pretty sure I can do a first time completion. I'm positive I'm in no position to do full exploration. You're going to want a wider 5* roster, and this is just the first chapter of one Act beyond Act 5.

To me, Act 6 is almost like a soft reboot of the game, where the game starts with 5* champs and most of us have just a few, like having your first 4*. Only this time, the content isn't just going to throw higher health higher attack champions at you. Its going to throw super-healing juggernauts and biohazard degen champs. That Symbiote Supreme where you need buffs or you do no damage, but if you have buffs Symbiote Supreme just eats them and gains power? That was designed by a psychopath. You're not going to just charge in with your rank 5 Blade and mow him down.

You're right in that in the pre-Act 6 game, at some point once you have a few "top" champs, having more has only a small incremental benefit. But in the post-Act 6 game, you aren't going to be able to just have a couple top champs. You're going to need different champs for different nodes on different paths, and if you don't have them you're going to have to go hunting for them in the crystals.

This doesn't break balance, because there's no intent to "balance" the pre-Act 6 game and the post-Act 6 game.
  • Options
    Correct. When I'm speaking of balance, I'm not talking about balancing the two comparatively. I'm talking about the balance of Rewards at different points of growth. Access is given in a way that's appropriate to where people are at. It wouldn't even make sense to try and balance where someone is at comparatively to where someone else further along is. What I suspect, is things will be increased at lower levels, at a rate that's appropriate to where they're at.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    DNA3000 said:

Maat1985 said:

If you've looked carefully at the Act 6 map and analyzed the paths, it will. Only a few players have the roster to complete Act 6.1 once. Even fewer of those have counters to every node in every path. Kabam has been trying to break the notion that there's the top ten champs and everyone else for quite some time. They've been slowly getting less bad at it. I'd say they got a little bit less bad in Act 6. I'm pretty sure I can do a first time completion. I'm positive I'm in no position to do full exploration. You're going to want a wider 5* roster, and this is just the first chapter of one Act beyond Act 5.

To me, Act 6 is almost like a soft reboot of the game, where the game starts with 5* champs and most of us have just a few, like having your first 4*. Only this time, the content isn't just going to throw higher health higher attack champions at you. Its going to throw super-healing juggernauts and biohazard degen champs. That Symbiote Supreme where you need buffs or you do no damage, but if you have buffs Symbiote Supreme just eats them and gains power? That was designed by a psychopath. You're not going to just charge in with your rank 5 Blade and mow him down.

You're right in that in the pre-Act 6 game, at some point once you have a few "top" champs, having more has only a small incremental benefit. But in the post-Act 6 game, you aren't going to be able to just have a couple top champs. You're going to need different champs for different nodes on different paths, and if you don't have them you're going to have to go hunting for them in the crystals.

This doesn't break balance, because there's no intent to "balance" the pre-Act 6 game and the post-Act 6 game.
    that's kinda my point dude.
    to get these you already need to be somewhat strong.
    and it should be that way.

you prove you are strong and do it once and then you get the crystals and can work towards 100%.

my point is exactly that it doesn't break the balance cus there is nothing to break.
    those that can get it are already big and strong and proved they deserve it.

those lower that cant do it, well they don't have the skill / time invested into the game and don't deserve it yet.
    I have done 6.1.1 and am confident I will do completion, but I wont get exploration yet.

my point is in the solo game there is not even a need for balance.

the only place where any kinda balance needs to exist is AQ and AW.
    in which case this wont break it either.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Maat1985 said:

DNA3000 said:

Maat1985 said:

That wasn't exactly my point. My point was not that the crystal doesn't break balance because it doesn't matter much, my point was that while it might seem like the crystal doesn't matter to people below Act 5, that crystal very much will matter to the players that get to Cavalier and can buy it. Most players that can become Cavalier probably have very strong rosters compared to most players. But compared to what you need to fully explore 6.1, or god help us whatever they are cooking up for Act 6.2 most Cavalier-class players probably do not have very strong rosters and will need a way to accelerate their 5* and 6* roster.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Maat1985 said:

DNA3000 said:

Maat1985 said:

That wasn't exactly my point. My point was not that the crystal doesn't break balance because it doesn't matter much, my point was that while it might seem like the crystal doesn't matter to people below Act 5, that crystal very much will matter to the players that get to Cavalier and can buy it. Most players that can become Cavalier probably have very strong rosters compared to most players. But compared to what you need to fully explore 6.1, or god help us whatever they are cooking up for Act 6.2 most Cavalier-class players probably do not have very strong rosters and will need a way to accelerate their 5* and 6* roster.
    either way it aint gunna break any kinda balance.

it will be good for those that can get it.
    and wont have any effect on those that cant.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    JDunk2291 said:

I want the crystal to help.me get through the content...it offers 5 and 6* that i do not have...YES i want the crystal...Yes im worried about it..

BASICALLY They're Saying If u want the CAVALIER Crystals to get the champs needed to Help with ACT 6 then you need to complete ACT 6...What Sense does that make AT ALL Lmao

The Cavalier crystal is only a few days old. It wasn't intended as a stepping stone for 6.1. The rest of the content in the game is the stepping stone. Keep building your team and you will get there.
  • Options
    caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    #nicetry
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Maat1985 said:

@DNA3000 bro you were in the beta right?

Did you try out that Dr Strange with Shatter on the Buffed Up path? THAT, was designed by a psychopath.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★

JDunk2291 said:

I want the crystal to help.me get through the content...it offers 5 and 6* that i do not have...YES i want the crystal...Yes im worried about it..

BASICALLY They're Saying If u want the CAVALIER Crystals to get the champs needed to Help with ACT 6 then you need to complete ACT 6...What Sense does that make AT ALL Lmao

The Cavalier crystal is only a few days old. It wasn't intended as a stepping stone for 6.1. The rest of the content in the game is the stepping stone. Keep building your team and you will get there.
    That guy (JDunk) just doesn’t get it. If someone’s roster is SOOOO lacking that they can’t even complete one path, just ONE, in Chapter 1, then their roster is certainly not there yet.
  • Options
    MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★

• Options
    OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    Not only you need 5 and 6 star champions you need certain ones so good luck waiting till you get them.. its just rubbish cash grab to buy more crystals in hopes to get certain champions. If you dont have the right counters to the nodes in act 6 you are in for endless units to clear it.
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    Popped 30 of these today and got 8 5*s and 1 6*. Love these things.
  • Options
    WalkinhighlightWalkinhighlight Posts: 134
    DNA3000 said:

JDunk2291 said:

They are saying the game can be divided into two parts: the part where you complete Act 6.1 for the first time, and the part that comes afterward. In the first part, 5* and 6* champions are harder to get, and thus you will have to work harder to be able to complete Act 6.1. Once you are over that hurdle, the game will accelerate your 5*/6* roster progress to allow you to build your roster faster to work towards completing the harder content that will come after Act 6.1. This is fundamentally the same idea behind the Uncollected gate.

For some reason there are people who think that since there's a progress gate to Act 6.1, the game should be making it easier to cross that gate immediately by giving everyone a much faster way to get 5* champs. The exact opposite is true. The gate is pointless if it comes with an *immediate* way to cross it. The game will slowly ratchet upward the ability for players to build 5*/6* rosters: it has been doing that for quite a long time now. It will continue to do so. But for players that cross the initial threshold of Act 6.1 completion, that rate will jump upward with the better crystals so that the large effort required to complete 6.1 is more of a hurdle than a continuously upward slope.

This makes perfect sense.
    I couldn't agree with this even more. well put.