**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam make 5* crystals cheaper

2»

Comments

• Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    MavRCK_ said:

Hey All,

We're not going to reduce the amount of Shards that a 5-Star Crystal costs to form, but will increase the amount of 5-Star Shards that are available.

We've done this pretty dramatically over the last year, and more and more in the last few months! We'ill continue to do so into the future, so keep an eye out for new Meta Events (side quests like Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives, Love is a Battlerealm, etc.) and for more availability of Crystal Shards in other areas of the Contest as well.

Could you define dramatically increase? 5* shards obtainable per week / story?

I would argue that the effective value of 5* shards has decreased dramatically as the % chance to obtain a desired champion has decreased dramatically as the number of champions added to the basic crystal increased to 2 per month and that the feature 15000 5* crystal system got changes from 25% for a desired champion to 1/24 4% current feature 5* system. SA weekly rewards and other alliance rewards are still a paltry few hundred 5* shards. I think this adds up for the hardcore player who does only basic milestones in arena 20-40k 5* shards per month.

Overall, 2-4 5* basic crystals per month is drop of water in a desert. Players are frustated with thirst.

The introduction of 6* champs decreased their value dramatically as well. As 6* champions are ranked up that trend will only continue. An R5 5* is not going to be a match for an R 3-5 6* when the game progresses to those levels, and the release of act 6 has just kicked that process off.
  • Options
    Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    Rap said:

And as it is, plenty is being done for the lower tier players, with all the xp boosts and and the sig stones and now the remix of the phc (they have realized keeping the newer champs rare at the 3 star level is working against them! So they have obviously decreased the number of older champs and increased the newer champs at the 3 star level. For 2 reasons, it reduces shards produced by us in the upper middle and it gets stronger champs, champs with real mechanics into the hands of newer players. Neither of which is calculated to help those of us in the middle.) And in free 5 star shards and it feels like where we sre..."What have you done for us lately?" Reducing the shards for a 5, not giving them to level 12 summoners who cannot grind for them, and letting the upper middle open a one or teo extra 5s a month would not harm this game or it's balance, or lack thereof...

ph crystals dont drop 5 stars and almost never drop 4 stars.. exp boosts are not 5 star shards and new 3 stars will not get to through 100% master exploration
    DNA3000 said:

MavRCK_ said:

Hey All,

We're not going to reduce the amount of Shards that a 5-Star Crystal costs to form, but will increase the amount of 5-Star Shards that are available.

We've done this pretty dramatically over the last year, and more and more in the last few months! We'ill continue to do so into the future, so keep an eye out for new Meta Events (side quests like Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives, Love is a Battlerealm, etc.) and for more availability of Crystal Shards in other areas of the Contest as well.

Could you define dramatically increase?
    Two years ago a player like me (meaning me) was getting one 5* champ every few months. One year ago a player like me was getting a couple a month. Today a player like me is getting more than one a week. That's a dramatic increase. If they increase the earning rate much higher I'll be pulling one a day. In fact, with Cavalier crystals that day might already be very close.

Players need to realize that there will always be something really hard to get, something kind of hard to get, something not very hard to get, and something very easy to get. Accelerating 5* champs automatically forces that ladder to push upward. 6* champions were inevitable once the 5* earning rate really started to accelerate. Push 5* champs down to where 4* champs used to be, and all you do is accelerate the eventual arrival of 6* rank ups and 7* champs and content that locks out 5* champs, and the players that are currently earning champs faster than you today will be earning champs even faster than you tomorrow, in parts of the game you can't even reach at all.

I said this when people begged for more T4CC and more 5* champs, and I was laughed at both times when I said these ladder side effects are absolutely inevitable, and no amount of complaining or boycotting or one-starring the game can stop them. I think players trying to "catch up" by making things easier to get are cutting their own throats, and doing it over and over again, but there seems to be no way to prevent it from happening.

The best way to "catch up" with the players faster than you is to try to slow them down at the top, by not advocating for more and more and more stuff. But trying to speed yourself up to race them is usually counterproductive. It is possible to do in theory, but very easy to fall into unintended-consequence land and put yourself even farther behind than before.
    I agree with you to some extent but the problem is the gap in rewards between the haves and the have nots i dont ever expect to "catch up" to older players as that's just not possible and never will be.. I know i will never get arena 5 stars.. I know i will never be in a platinum alliance.. I just want to be able to obtain and rank up champs that i can use to clear content.. They have already announced that parts of act 6 require 6 stars..it wouldnt hurt them to make more of a rewards balance in aq aw and minthly event quest lower tier rewards so i could earn more rank up mats and 5 star shards..id have to dupe probably 50 of them to get a 6 star anyways so they wouldnt be doing us a whole world of favors by doing it..most games you can just stroll in and have a chance of winning a top tier high star champ by paying we cant as our deals give lower rewards for the same prices and we cant access grandmaster or caliler crystals even our daily crystals hinder us in comparison to higher players because they say they want us to catch up but it was really a way of further halting our progression you guys can get t4cc from daily crystals.. We have to pray a map 5 Gold alliance will accept us just to upgrade and earn champs..if rewards were better for low tiers would would at least get a chance at earning that champ to allow us to progress..they also released a ton of new champs for you guys to win..which watered down the pool so we wont ever get a dupe either which most champs need.. So i believe its inly fair they make 5 stars more obtainable but not just to the top tier players
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    edited March 2019

Hey All,

To be honest, you only increased the number of events, but rewards/shards are still pretty low. Hope to see a real increase of shards, as you said, in other areas of the Contest.

And speaking of improvements, try to dramatically reduce the cost of healing potions/revives and other boosts. Healing potions were very useful 2 years ago with a 4* for that cost. Now totally useless with maxed 5* when you have to fight those super buffed champs on epic mode. But the cost is still the same...
  • Options
    Forgotten2Forgotten2 Posts: 172 ★★
    Urkel2 said:

Hey All,

Hi kabam mike i was just wondering if you intend to make 5 stars more available to players who arent quite at the uncollected level yet? We often end up in alliances that do not get 5* shards from wars and the increase in difficuly to master makes me unable to complete that as well since i dont have the particular champs needed to completely explore.. So that leaves me stuck only getting the rewards from heroic monthly these events that drop the shards like nick fury event i will be unable to fully explore as well since i dont have the roster.. So while some open 2-3 a month im extremely lucky if i get one in 2 months you have created a wall for us players with only 4 stars us newer players never got the time to build a roster before you upped the difficulty

If you're struggling to complete heroic you dont need to be worried about getting any 5*
    3* can easily clear heroic difficulty
    Master can be done with 3* and 4* without a problem your only noded opponent is the boss. Invest in champs you have. Clear beginner and normal and invest time in story mode. Build yourself instead of begging for a 5*
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Cavalier level quest coming to a monthly quest near you soon!
  • Options

Urkel2 said:

Hey All,

Hi kabam mike i was just wondering if you intend to make 5 stars more available to players who arent quite at the uncollected level yet? We often end up in alliances that do not get 5* shards from wars and the increase in difficuly to master makes me unable to complete that as well since i dont have the particular champs needed to completely explore.. So that leaves me stuck only getting the rewards from heroic monthly these events that drop the shards like nick fury event i will be unable to fully explore as well since i dont have the roster.. So while some open 2-3 a month im extremely lucky if i get one in 2 months you have created a wall for us players with only 4 stars us newer players never got the time to build a roster before you upped the difficulty

If you're struggling to complete heroic you dont need to be worried about getting any 5*
    Master can be done with 3* and 4* without a problem your only noded opponent is the boss. Invest in champs you have. Clear beginner and normal and invest time in story mode. Build yourself instead of begging for a 5*
    Youve misinterpreted what i said i could probably almost auto heroic i cannot explore master..
  • Options
    Badrose said:

Hey All,

To be honest, you only increased the number of events, but rewards/shards are still pretty low. Hope to see a real increase of shards, as you said, in other areas of the Contest.

And speaking of improvements, try to dramatically reduce the cost of healing potions/revives and other boosts. Healing potions were very useful 2 years ago with a 4* for that cost. Now totally useless with maxed 5* when you have to fight those super buffed champs on epic mode. But the cost is still the same...
    they will never touch potions because the folks who spend use alot of units on them so they can brag to their alliance mates and claim they uncollected monthly without item use
  • Options
    FrostyJRFrostyJR Posts: 2
    I do think we should reduce the cost of these 5star crystals and also maybe add a better drop rate to the premium the premium crystals 4stars should be 12% 3stars should be 32% and 2stars should be 56% 5stars should be reduced down to a proven crystal of 8000 shards only uncollected should be 6500 shards and conquers should be 7250
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Clydania said:

Reduce 5* cost depending on act completion. Uncollected get it for 7500 conqueror for 8000 and proven for 9000

I am proven and cost of 5* is not reduced.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Or you could increase the payout from Heroic and Master EQ, to entice more players to play them (I haven't touched Heroic in a year).
    You know how much in resources you are missing out on by not doing it?
    If I'm able to do Master, I won't complete Heroic for 100% anymore either. It just takes too much energy. I think the last chapter should only be 2 energy instead of 3 energy.
  • Options
    SpaceStone24SpaceStone24 Posts: 5
    edited March 2019
    @Kabam Miike I think that it should be reduced for people that have completed act 4 so maybe 7,000
  • Options
    I think if they made them more available all the way around and not just to end game players they wouldnt need to lower the cost but i do feel they should do one or the other secondly none of those people you tagged can speak for kabam and even if you tagged a kabam team member they are just as likely to ignore you..
  • Options

Urkel2 said:

Hey All,

Id like to see video evidence of you beating this months master bosses with your 3 stars "easily" seeing as how when she has low health she gets a sp1 at start of the fight and takes no damage for 11 seconds and is unstoppable she basically just forces you into the corner to get wrecked repeatadly
  • Options
    I have recently seen tier 2, 3 and 5 specials but can’t recall seeing a tier 4 class selector package. That would be helpful for me and other players that are looking to max out our 4 star champs and also rank our 5 star champs higher. Thanks for your consideration.
  • Options
    MikeANick said:

I have recently seen tier 2, 3 and 5 specials but can’t recall seeing a tier 4 class selector package. That would be helpful for me and other players that are looking to max out our 4 star champs and also rank our 5 star champs higher. Thanks for your consideration.

With the cost of t2 and t3 class selectors would it really be helpful to buy a t4 class selector? It would probably cost 4k units
  • Options
    GUARD1ANGUARD1AN Posts: 103
    As others have said, think economics. Increasing the availability of shards effectively decreases the price of those crystals.
  • Options
    GUARD1AN said:

As others have said, think economics. Increasing the availability of shards effectively decreases the price of those crystals.

I agree but the problem with this is they are only available to people with a great roster and end game intercept skills.. They are essentially making them more available only to the players who dont really need them as much anymore..
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,251 ★★★★★
    Urkel2 said:

GUARD1AN said:

I agree but the problem with this is they are only available to people with a great roster and end game intercept skills.. They are essentially making them more available only to the players who dont really need them as much anymore..
    So what you are saying is... I rephrase...

“Give me more 5* shards for whatever I am doing now so I can do harder content.”

Sorry to break it to you bud. If you’re having an issue using 4*s to do Masters, then giving you stronger champs will only let you do harder content but you’ll eventually meet the exact same wall and ask for even stronger champs.

The solution is to practise more and get better. Seatin can do Masters with 3*s and if he can do it, why not you?
  • Options
    xNig said:

Urkel2 said:

GUARD1AN said:

So what you are saying is... I rephrase...

“Give me more 5* shards for whatever I am doing now so I can do harder content.”

Sorry to break it to you bud. If you’re having an issue using 4*s to do Masters, then giving you stronger champs will only let you do harder content but you’ll eventually meet the exact same wall and ask for even stronger champs.

The solution is to practise more and get better. Seatin can do Masters with 3*s and if he can do it, why not you?
    He has done a few master events with 3 stars but none recently.. And if you watch his videoes he only is able to solo them with a few 4 starsHe also gets access to the new champs before we do seeing as how once he backed out of the boycott he became part of the development program so he knows how to avoid their specials before the event is even released..for example his venom the duck video was actually a duel before he was even released the Also if you look youll see half of his 4 stars even on his supposed ftp account are maxed where as most of mine arent even at sig lvl 50.. He is also constantly gifted items like energy refills which gives him as much practice as he needs.. You are basically comparing a 4 year player with a stacked roster to a half year player with a well below average roster.. Yes he does have more skills than me i wont deny that but a big part is also just an over all advantage as far as sig lvl and time to learn every hero individually.. Which is why i asked kabam dor some sort of practice mode that wont ever happen..