**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are you running out of gold?

Comment some ways that the gold issue could easily be solved in your opinion, personally I think if they replaced the normal gold crystals in the glory store with the uncollected ones the gold issue might start to dwindle down quite a bit.

Are you running out of gold? 385 votes

Yes
67%
AchtungJh_Dezhurricantthetaman23JOHNOSA1995ShrimkinssamalasravanGolden_GuardianSkeleton777Mr_PlatypusGarryDKHaji_SaabA_Noob_Is11ant2Timone147CFreeRuzzman1Spity68IcthalianZEN 260 votes
No
29%
ArcDeAngelusGroundedWisdomStara99Vdh2008Dr_ARCHerSnakeEyes69Pysc78LeNoirFaineantEb0ny-O-M4wBrainimpacterJestressxNigbloodyCainAddyosmum_m2cUbA_LiBrESligFrostyI_ZERO_Iinvasian82 113 votes
I don't care
3%
ChadhoganSpeedbumpAlCapone2727Kayne34CassyDRTOcx23433TawliDomizthebestFhfjghhggggjfhfjgKalantakI_am_the_torch 12 votes

Comments

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    No
    No but I play dungeons and am an end game player. Every champ I acquire is a dupe and I dupe more champs than I can rank up and so therefore have a ton of extra iso to sell.

I used to have a big gold problem until dungeons
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I have a little over 1.5 million which for me is low but I haven't touched arena (besides alpha and basic cat) for about 6 weeks
  • TheMarauder53TheMarauder53 Posts: 154
    Yes
    I have a problem because it takes so much to rank up a champion and when i get the gold to rank up said champion i have like no gold left it takes me a while to recover from that i dont grind arena for hours at a time because first of all i want to keep my sanity intact second of all it just takes so long when you are me and you have a small window each day (you could remedy that by making gold realms or some gold event come in for like 1 week a month)
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Yes
    Somewhat
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I grind out about 150k-200k battlechips a week. Rank champs up carefully. Make deals with alliance mates to cover my gold and I stay around 1m gold.

Again the whole game needs a ramp up of rewards. For example one fight in uncollected we can give 200-500 gold. That’s crazy low considering a 6* first 25 levels is around 500k gold. That’s 1k+ fights in uncollected.

I sell extra iso, grind arenas, I don’t rank up every joe blow but my gold is suffering. I will also grind out all difficulties in the monthly eq. Variant is almost done and act 6 now I have a lane through it all. So still some gold hanging around but it’s definitely not enough to keep up with what I could be doing with my roster.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Eapoq42 said:

There is no gold issue. It doesn't exist.

Grind the areas. Grind, grind, grind.

I have over 2 million gold at the moment and all my champions are as ranked up as my catalyst resources will allow. Iso is more of an issue than gold.

I'm in a similar position except my scarcity are cats. If I got cats faster, gold would definitely be depleted quickly.
  • Eapoq42Eapoq42 Posts: 32
    No
    Drooped2 said:

The gold issue only seems to effect guys not putting in the effort to get gold..

Hemm maybe theres an effort problem

Yes, thank you. Exactly. This game is designed to require extreme effort if you don't want to pay to win. That's how it works.
  • SpookyKonan2SpookyKonan2 Posts: 90
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Eapoq42 said:

Drooped2 said:

The gold issue only seems to effect guys not putting in the effort to get gold..

Yes, thank you. Exactly. This game is designed to require extreme effort if you don't want to pay to win. That's how it works.
    That's the thing though not everyone can stay up late every single night to grind arena in attempt to get more gold, even people in the thread like Jaded are claiming to be having an issue with gold the game is progressing in certain regards but aren't in others one of which is gold.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

Eapoq42 said:

Drooped2 said:

That's the thing though not everyone can stay up late every single night to grind arena in attempt to get more gold, even people in the thread like Jaded are claiming to be having an issue with gold the game is progressing in certain regards but aren't in others one of which is gold.
    Unfortunately, the game is built around 4* being the top of the food chain. When 5* (and later 6*) were added, the game was not necessarily scaled to accommodate these resource-heavy new champs.

Yes, I think that resource availability needs to be scaled up. But I do not think it should be scaled too much. It still is a game centered around resource management and it should get harder to do (and more effort needed) for higher levels.

Act 6 has just re-lit this fire because now more players are dumping resources into their higher-starred champs and more are discovering how difficult the progression can be.

I am basically a F2P player and am always sitting on enough resources to hit the milestones of every 22-hr rankup event. This is despite working 40-hrs a week and have 2 kids. Grinding arenas is very easy to do if you're already plopped in front of the TV every night for a couple of hours...
  • Yes

Eapoq42 said:

Drooped2 said:

Unfortunately, the game is built around 4* being the top of the food chain. When 5* (and later 6*) were added, the game was not necessarily scaled to accommodate these resource-heavy new champs.

Yes, I think that resource availability needs to be scaled up. But I do not think it should be scaled too much. It still is a game centered around resource management and it should get harder to do (and more effort needed) for higher levels.

Act 6 has just re-lit this fire because now more players are dumping resources into their higher-starred champs and more are discovering how difficult the progression can be.

I am basically a F2P player and am always sitting on enough resources to hit the milestones of every 22-hr rankup event. This is despite working 40-hrs a week and have 2 kids. Grinding arenas is very easy to do if you're already plopped in front of the TV every night for a couple of hours...
    I believe we agree on quite a bit, I also don't think that the resource availability should be ridiculously high however I do believe that 200 gold per fight is to little of an amount and could definitely be raised by a good percentage, I'm mostly F2P as well however my situation is different I'm a high school student so most of my time goes towards my homework, taking care of my little cousin, work and of course my personal h#ll (school) so I don't have much time to sit down and grind arena every 2 hours without losing focus on activity's outside of mcoc, that doesn't mean however that I don't short my duties quite a bit in attempt to get the rewards needed to progress in this clown fiesta of a game lmao.
  • Eapoq42Eapoq42 Posts: 32
    No

Eapoq42 said:

Drooped2 said:

I believe we agree on quite a bit, I also don't think that the resource availability should be ridiculously high however I do believe that 200 gold per fight is to little of an amount and could definitely be raised by a good percentage, I'm mostly F2P as well however my situation is different I'm a high school student so most of my time goes towards my homework, taking care of my little cousin, work and of course my personal h#ll (school) so I don't have much time to sit down and grind arena every 2 hours without losing focus on activity's outside of mcoc, that doesn't mean however that I don't short my duties quite a bit in attempt to get the rewards needed to progress in this clown fiesta of a game lmao.
    Like i said earlier, it's not the 200 gold you get per fight that makes the difference. Its the gold you get from the arena crystals.
  • Yes
    Eapoq42 said:

Eapoq42 said:

Drooped2 said:

Like i said earlier, it's not the 200 gold you get per fight that makes the difference. Its the gold you get from the arena crystals.
    however it provides a buffer of sorts to the gold storage, also its helpful for those who can't do arena as often as you or someone else, just because you have a stacked roaster and don't need more gold doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    No
    There is an ample amount of Gold in the game. I've said many times that it's simple Economics. It's about Inflow and Outflow. If you're spending faster than you're making it, you're going to run out. It takes work to build it, and it takes effort to keep a minimum balance. I haven't dipped below 5 Mil in a long time. Simply because I'm always working on some way to make it, and I don't go for broke when it comes to spending it. If we're trying to go from R1 to R4 with a 5* in one sitting, that will get expensive fast. If we spread out Ranking over time and do it at a steady and constant pace, there's still room for Donations and keeping an Inflow. If you're not willing to touch the Arena, there's not much that can be said for that because it's the main source. You'll have to live within the means of the other sources. On that subject, it doesn't take a Clockwork Orange effort to do the Arena. Hitting a few Milestones in each Arena every 3 days will give Gold, and BCs that yield more Gold. It takes effort, both to make it and to spend it. It doesn't come organically.
  • Hopper99Hopper99 Posts: 102
    I’ve seen 10k bc turn into 15k gold plenty of times. So having 40 or 50k bc to use every week from a **** ton of grinding arena may not help much. Again it’s all rng with this game. I’m always gold starved and it’s sucks.