**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Gold Problem

Please address the gold issue as not all of us are whales and can afford to open 1000s of cavalier crystals to get the iso. We have not received a single and permanent solution to the gold problem in ages. Please think about the players who just want to play casually and not spend their entire lives in their bedrooms playing arenas or dungeons. I have no idea why gold needs to be a problem, but it still is...

Comments

• Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Kevin0998 said:

Please address the gold issue as not all of us are whales and can afford to open 1000s of cavalier crystals to get the iso. We have not received a single and permanent solution to the gold problem in ages. Please think about the players who just want to play casually and not spend their entire lives in their bedrooms playing arenas or dungeons. I have no idea why gold needs to be a problem, but it still is...

If you’re playing casually then your rate of gaining new champs gets slower significantly, thereby reducing the need for more gold.
    If you’re playing casually and you want to rank up the champs you have then you’ll need to plan ahead in terms of catalysts, iso and gold, and since you’re playing casually (as in no arena grind, no alliance requirements/obligations) you’ll have all time in the world to do so.....if that’s not fast enough than you’re just impatient.

When I 1st set out to max rank all my 2* & 3* champs as well as taking all my 4* champs to at least rank 3, I planned ahead. Took me a year and a half to achieve that goal, a big part of this game is planning & taking your time.

• Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    You shouldn't have any gold problem if you are able to do 10,000 worth of BCs from arena everyday which is around 90 fights total. If you are Uncollected you can easily get 100K gold everyday from battlechips. Of course, units would be nicer. And if you actually lucked out getting units from battlechips you can use them to buy Uncollected Gold crystals which can get you up to 200K per crystal if I'm not mistaken.

But just like what @Epistriatus said, it all comes down to planning ahead. You should rank and level up only those that are most appropriate and suitable for your current stage in terms of game progress. Even if there was a permanent gold realm you'd still run out of gold if you just couldn't resist ranking and leveling everything up as if they're important to where you're at.

I have around 20 4*s still "untouched" just because I'm prioritizing 5*s now in my roster. I will R2 at least all 5*s before R2ing any 4* in my current roster, especially now that Act 6 is out and you can no longer use 4*s in Act 6.
  • Options
    ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Kevin0998 said:

Whilst I acknowledged your points (as I also have gold issue) yet it seems you can only resolve in the following ways:
    1. On hold rank up for a while
    2. Grind all arenas (at least up to 3rd or 4th milestones)
    3. Accumulate ISOs (in exchange for gold in case of need)
    4. Sell champs (not recommenced but it is a way)
    5. Accumulate units and redeem gold crystal
    6. Become Pay-to-win guy (not recommended as well but it’s up to you lol)

Anyway it’s a resources management at the end. I have many 5* pending rank up and the only bottleneck is gold at that moment. I can tell you if there is no gold issue, my bottleneck will then be changed to T2a (for r4 5*) and T5c.
  • Options
    NYXnamanNYXnaman Posts: 14

Kevin0998 said:

Right. Because people without gold issues are losers who spend their entire lives in their bedrooms, unlike you. You have a life. It's amazing how many people with resource management issues have lives and people without are losers who spend their lives in the game. I have no idea why people with game management issues can't ask for something without insulting everyone who doesn't share their issues, but apparently they can't.
    I think he just wants the gold issues to be fixed like all of us and he didn't used any text modifiers or direct comments to insult more serious players.
    Take a chill pill
    N
    Spread love
    #PeaceInOurTime
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,027 ★★★★★
    NYXnaman said:

Kevin0998 said:

Right. Because people without gold issues are losers who spend their entire lives in their bedrooms, unlike you. You have a life. It's amazing how many people with resource management issues have lives and people without are losers who spend their lives in the game. I have no idea why people with game management issues can't ask for something without insulting everyone who doesn't share their issues, but apparently they can't.
    I think he just wants the gold issues to be fixed like all of us and he didn't used any text modifiers or direct comments to insult more serious players.
    Take a chill pill
    N
    Spread love
    #PeaceInOurTime
    Theres nothing to fix. There isnt a gold problem. There is bad resource management and laziness. Those are the problems.
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Nothing is stopping you from going outside and grinding arena on fresh air instead of grinding arena in your "bedroom"
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    So I've been pretty lax for some time. I don't grind arena hard, and I don't spend my own money - rather than google opinion rewards which I earn taking surveys. I can't spend enough gold

They have continuously taken action towards fixing the gold problem. They've never come out and said it though but look at their actions.

These are direct solutions to the gold problem:
    Dungeons
    Arena gold increase for the first few milestones
    AQ - Decrease in cost
    Peak Milestones for summoner advancement

Indirect
    Champion Acquisition. More ways than ever to get champs and dupes

So yes, you can acquire gold just by playing pretty casually. one of the things that really helped me was Dungeons. people hate them and that's fine, but since they came out i haven't had an issue with gold.
  • Options

NYXnaman said:

Kevin0998 said:

Take a chill pill
    N
    Spread love
    #PeaceInOurTime
    Theres nothing to fix. There isnt a gold problem. There is bad resource management and laziness. Those are the problems.
    Wrong. You shouldn't have to play the game for an exceedingly long time just to get enough resources to progress a bit. Theres a line between lazy and super active, I play a lot myself, but you shouldn't practically force a player into a game mode (arena) for that long so they can get a resource they need for literally everything else in the game.

Saying theres no problem shows your ignorance, maybe theres not a problem for you, but last I checked you dont speak for everyone else here. Thank you.
    I have 2 kids, 2 jobs and never grind arena. I haven't participated in an arena for over a year. I havent run out of gold in 2 years. Who exactly is ignorant now? The problem is self inflicted. Most gold issues come from ranking every, single champ a player has. Thats the real problem. Why invest iso and gold into a champ you'll never use?

Focus on priority rank ups, you won't run out on gold or other resources. If you are willing to get the gold when you need from the methods available, that is laziness. Don't blame those issues on the game. Blame them on yourself.
  • Options
    DeeeezDeeeez Posts: 22
    LOL, the bitterness is strong in these ones. Argue not over virtual items, but rather concerned be about what matters most...gold it isn't.
  • Options
    WallypopWallypop Posts: 2
    Hey everyone I new here I've been playing for almost 5 yrs now of and on and I dont have a problem with gold as of yet but it would be nice to have a permanent gold realm.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    People complaining about gold but don’t grind arenas are just too lazy to put in effort.

It’s not an issue with gold. It’s an issue with priorities.

People just wanna rank their sparkly new champs without thinking whether they will use them.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    If you're only Ranking your Top Champs, that takes more Gold. I wouldn't call anyone lazy. I do think that there are many sources of Gold, and it requires us to save it from time to time. It's really Resource Management. We have to look at what we're spending versus what we're bringing in. The higher the Rarities and the higher the Rank, the longer we will need to save. Champs are designed to be more expensive and take longer the higher you go up.
  • Options
    Kevin0998 said:

Just to let everyone know that I'm not a person who ranks up all of their champions, I just rank up my top champs and I still face the gold problem. People who call me lazy I respectfully disagree with as I have a life and forcing me into a game mode doesn't really solve the problem. People arguing that the gold problem has been fixed with dungeons, arenas and champion acquisition, please go ahead and look at the gold you get for moving through a quest in act 4 and moving through a quest in act 6.

You don't need to spend days in arena to get gold. The first few milestones are gold heavy making it less of a time consuming process.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    NYXnaman said:

Kevin0998 said:

I think he just wants the gold issues to be fixed like all of us
    There's a gold problem in the sense that there's an everything problem. I'm not short of gold, I'm short of everything else to spend gold on. I've been short everything else for a very long time. Should Kabam be trying to address my problem by increasing the rate at which I gain 5* and 6* crystals, T2 Alphas, T4 Basics, and T5 Basics, so that I don't have this everything but gold shortage? Why is my everything but gold shortage less important than someone else's gold shortage?

You will always have a shortage of something. The "gold shortage" is due to the fact that people used to complain about a T4CC shortage which was addressed, and a 5* crystal shortage which was addressed, and a T4B and T1A shortage which was addressed. Whenever Kabam increases the rate of anything, bottlenecks just move around. They even made adjustments to gold but it is never going to be enough, because even if they just handed everyone trillions of gold, all that would happen would be everyone would run out of catalysts to rank things up and start complaining about the huge catalyst shortage that only people who play all day in their bedrooms don't experience.

Everyone has a shortage of something. You're supposed to manage your resources around that shortage. For some players it is gold. For other players it is something else. But it is always something. That's intentional.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Kevin0998 said:

Just to let everyone know that I'm not a person who ranks up all of their champions, I just rank up my top champs and I still face the gold problem. People who call me lazy I respectfully disagree with as I have a life and forcing me into a game mode doesn't really solve the problem. People arguing that the gold problem has been fixed with dungeons, arenas and champion acquisition, please go ahead and look at the gold you get for moving through a quest in act 4 and moving through a quest in act 6.

And how many champions do you earn after moving through a quest in act 6. If the only thing you did was the acts, you'd have very little gold, but also very few champions to spend them on as well. The game offers many different game modes, and some are more grindable for resources than others. You're supposed to manage your playtime balancing around those game modes when you have shortages to alleviate them.

I hear a lot of people say that they don't want to grind arena, they don't want to spend glory on gold crystals, etc. And sure, some of those things are time consuming, and some of those things don't have the best value. But if you're stuck behind a bottleneck, *that* is the most important thing to work on. If you'd rather do other things or decide the other things don't have enough value, that's your choice.