**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New GameMode Idea FeedBack

Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
Here's my idea:
-Event name: Practice
-Stays on forever like ROL
-Let's the player choose a champion to fight against, and that champion has infinite HP, stands still, and let's you do whatever you want to it to let you test out how high your damage can go, or let's you test out certain mechanics on your champions.

What do you guys think? Personally I would like to see this as I usually go in ROL to test out my champs, but WS gets annoying sometimes and doesn't let me. For example, SpiderGwen gets a ability after SP3 where for a bit her attacks do an extra 55% damage, but I can't get to a SP2 to test the max damage as it runs out of time due to WS constantly throwing specials or blocking.

New GameMode Idea FeedBack 66 votes

Good Idea
69%
DelsymmanDexman1349SpideySeKoAgame86TerraMqc19Guzmausername7312IamToastNojokejaymThunderGodHammerbro_64issamaf80Jcwert_56ToxicBladeNodude78Scopeotoe987XxLoganTDCxXTO_Beatz 46 votes
No Point
30%
Skeleton777belli300SuvendublackdragonightSceptilemaniacAhitlawSpiderCoolskikiFurieuxCupidshadow_lurker22Jedi_HawkeRehan010_Mr_EFabriciusDoubleDeltaArsozLethalProtector5tarscreamFrøsty28Natasha_R_2_0 20 votes

Comments

• Options
    Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
    Good Idea
    It could have different settings like Passive: never attacks, Blocking: always blocking, Attacking: always/mostly attacking never blocks, Normal: acts like a normal fight would... Or something like that
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Good Idea
    How would you build parry based abilities? Or Ægons get hit to build a fury strat? Or Ghosts phasing?

Something like this. But CM works fine since her specials are fast
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Already been suggested couple of times in the correct category for this
  • Options
    EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Good Idea
    This would be hell on the servers but choosimg nodes would be nice too
  • Options
    belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    No Point
    This would only be a good idea if you could add specific nodes to it and you could turn the ai on and off
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Good Idea

I would say that they fight back, but you don't take damage. This would allow for practice in keeping a combo.

I like this concept.

Similar to the Duels where you pick your opponent and your attacker, but also be given the chance to scale up/down the difficulty with different boosts to test your champ's capabilities. Set it so both champs have unlimited health and you can pick whatever buffs/debuffs you want to try out. Would probably have to limit the buffs to be a standard array and not necessarily the champ-specific buffs from EQ.

To limit the strain on the servers, use this in place of Duels. Only 5 "entries" per day per player. Also, no rewards for doing it so you won't have players "exploiting/farming" it for anything other than experience.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Good Idea
    Could call it Professor X's Danger Room...

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Danger_Room
  • Options
    Good Idea
    Drooped2 said:

Cant have them stand still.
    Too many abilities are counter abilities.
    No poise for stark
    No phase on ghost
    Doesnt she hulk force specials to refresh fury

Cant test your own regen.
    Beardo would be useless
    And so on

There would be option to get the AI to attack, defend etc. Ghost builds up damage with furies too
  • Options
    imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    I posted an idea for an updated duel type interface that is essentially a training ground:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/122156/duel-update-suggestion#latest
  • Options
    Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    Good Idea
    I don’t know if anybody said this, but it could be a lot like the Super Smash Bros Ultimate practice, if anybody plays that and not just MCOC. :D
  • Options
    LethalProtectorLethalProtector Posts: 76
    No Point
    Isn't the beginning stages of the game practice? Sorry, but actually playing the game would yield so much more experience then a "practice mode."
  • Options
    I Used to play a popular game before this one. They would do a week every so often where people could buy a pass to a special kingdom where you could complete quests and do events that gave rare rewards that were worth the high cost of the ticket for admission. MCOC already has this with Beta although nothing transfers back. MCOC should offer access to Beta where the rewards you earn from questing and speed wars could be accrued and taken back to the main game. They could have a 5 day season for the speed wars that offer rare titles and hard to acquire items for top performers. The Beta going on now is very fun as it allows summoners the opportunity to make new friendships and work with other players that they would otherwise never meet. This could be an amazing opportunity. Do your thing Kabam. Give us the fun.
  • Options
    Good Idea

Isn't the beginning stages of the game practice? Sorry, but actually playing the game would yield so much more experience then a "practice mode."

You're missing the point. I mean a stage with a infinite hp guy who you can just practice on, be it seeing how high damage can go etc.
  • Options
    BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    I would like to have 1on 1 duels , like we have right now, but with choices of nodes like:
    - stun immun
    - Bleed immun
    - Unblocable Sp
    - Attaquer gets power block and power drain every 15 sec...
    -..... you guys get the idea

So we choose the defender, lets say Medusa 5*, and we choose the node’s,

Would be great for practice...

Anything else we could add?
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    No Point
    I would tweak it to where the opponent fights as normal but their hits do 0 damage so you can practice intercepting and and etc. without dying when you mess up.
  • Options
    LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★

I would tweak it to where the opponent fights as normal but their hits do 0 damage so you can practice intercepting and etc. without dying when you mess up.

That could just be another node called something like Safety Net or something, that reduces opponents the opponent's damage and critical rating to 0, and prevents them from being modified.