**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Purchasing and opeing a crystal mechanic

So my understanding is that purchasing/obtaining a crystal is about the same as buying a pack of cards. The character inside is already predetermined the moment the crystal is obtained. You can hope and wish that you have something special inside, but it is what it is.

Or

Is the champion/item inside the crystal determined once put on spinner, or loaded up and ready to go? Meaning if you exit out before opening and come back in you’ve changed the champ/item you will get.

Or

It’s completely random, and not determined toll popped or the wheel stops spinning. Meaning timing of tapping screen can impact what you get? The same as an arcade game where you time the light to get get more tickets? Or a wheel you spin and stops where it stops.

I’ve seen people argue for the first option, but don’t think that’s the way it works because we’ve seen people save 4 and 5 star crystals for months then open a new champ that wasn’t around when the crystal was first obtained.

How do you think it works, or if you know how it works help explain!

Are you team pop or spin?

I’m spin, I like the flashing colors.

Comments

• Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I believe its a mixture of 2 and 3.
    The spinning doesnt affect the outcome it just feeds the gambling aspect. I believe as soon as its put on the spinner/click to open its randomly determined.

Lately I just pop in bulk or if its only 1 ill spin just to give my self some false hope
  • Options
    Those who say #1 really have no idea what they’re talking about. Saved crystals for longer than when new heroes become added to the pool are then capable of being pulled from those saved crystals.

#2. when crystal starts to spin (or is popped without spinning) is when it is determined. Or at least that is the time that alliance mates can see you get the hero in alliance pane (even if you still have it spinning and spinning for a minute later still, some people have reported and confirmed). Because there is no backing out at that time.

Guess technically on the Kabam server it could be decided upon first loading up the crystal, and then if you cancel it just abandons that hero assignment (but between that time and starting spinning really doesn't matter which way it is decided between those).

But once it starts spinning, there is nothing you can do regarding “when” you press stop that has any bearing on it.