**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing Event Quest: The Living Death Who Walks!

Comments

• imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★

xNig said:

Not to mention replenishes naturally, and with Help Requests. It's just my position. Some do spend on Energy, no doubt. I just don't agree that Energy Costs are a ploy to make money.

They literally just sold a package for energy refills a week or so ago that cost real money, not units. Try again.
    Huh? They cost money? I remember stocking up on refills. They were the 6 for 150 units deal.
    Was it? I was just looking at my purchases from last month.... Perhaps they did two offers.

I most likely got the 150 unit deal too. I'm always looking for ways to get more energy because of all the Quests and maybe my mind merged them. 🤪 Point is still valid that they do try to make money off of energy (otherwise there would be no energy cap) and I'm fine with that. The simple question we have been asking, that many want an answer from Kabam on, is if the energy cost is the same for this month as it has been in the past. Simple request but others on this forum felt it was their duty to answer for the company.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I didn't say they don't try to make money off Energy. Obviously, I've seen the various Offers with Energy. I said the EQ is not a huge money-grab, and the fact that we have one week less is not some sneaky attempt to make money.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Seriously, if you’re going for Uncollected, you’re going to skimp on 10-12 refills and forgo the rewards?

If you’re not doing Uncollected, then 3 weeks is a lot of time to finish up the quest.

Most of the time, 3D events already provide us with refills. That’s 10 a month to fill your inventory.

As much as it’s a shorter timeframe but, likely not a much shorter EQ in terms of energy requirements, most people finish up their EQs in 2-3 weeks.

Tbh I’m not a fan of the shorter time frame and, if applicable, same energy to clear EQ, but it’s not a big deal.

It is what it is, but the point that a lot of us are trying to get across is that we would like some sort of response from Kabam on this. Not hypotheticals from forum goers.

@Kabam_mike @Kabam Vydious any feedback on our questions?
    What I’m trying to understand from your perspective is, why the unhappiness?

Cause it’s “unfair” that there’s a shorter time to complete a regular length EQ?

Cause there’s empty nodes between enemies and you find it’s a waste of energy?
    Not unhappiness, so to speak. I'll still crack my knuckles and get it done. We all commit to what we want to do in the game. Just trying to hear from the company what the rationale was for shortening the timer and keeping the energy costs the same. I'm still going to get it done. I'm not throwing my phone and threatening to quit. Kabam has said that they want to be more transparent, so a simple answer to this shouldn't be that hard. It does come down to temporary content, requirements to complete while also progressing in other Quests on the game. Many of us plan our months based off of past experience in the game. X amount of energy and time to complete EQ, factor in side Quests, catalyst Quests, spend time after doing Story and now Back Issues, etc. When that schedule is altered, it forces us to either forego some content for that month or spend units / money on extra refills. I only got the extra energy packs last month because I was making an extra push on Act 5 and that was my decision after I cleared all of the EQ content last month.

I didn't say they don't try to make money off Energy. Obviously, I've seen the various Offers with Energy. I said the EQ is not a huge money-grab, and the fact that we have one week less is not some sneaky attempt to make money.

FACT CHECK: You literally said that you don't believe that energy is a money grab:

@GroundedWisdom, also, any luck backing up your statement of a less than 4 week EQ?

FACT CHECK: You literally said that you don't believe that energy is a money grab:

Yes, it is possible to have two independent thoughts. They can sell Energy, and not design content to be a money grab. If I had a dollar for everytime that response was given on here, I would never have to worry about Energy again. (See what I did there?) XD
    In all seriousness, no. I do not believe Energy Refills are a significant source of income to constitute the accusation that not having the extra week and the same amount of Energy is a money grab. A money grab would be something that leaves you no other option whatsoever than to spend money. That's not what we have here. 3 weeks is enough time to get it done.
  • Mlee1829Mlee1829 Posts: 75
    edited April 2019
    25% less time to complete temporary content that is the same level of difficulty should either have higher rewards or less energy costs. How is that not obvious?
    Is it a money grab? No. Its simply bc of Endgame. But my point still stands. Less time less energu or more rewards.
    Mlee1829 said:

Is it a money grab? No. Its simply bc of Endgame. But my point still stands. Less time less energu or more rewards.

If Energy is a part of the work entailed to get said Rewards, how do you figure it should be less for more?

Yes, it is possible to have two independent thoughts. They can sell Energy, and not design content to be a money grab. If I had a dollar for everytime that response was given on here, I would never have to worry about Energy again. (See what I did there?) XD
    In all seriousness, no. I do not believe Energy Refills are a significant source of income to constitute the accusation that not having the extra week and the same amount of Energy is a money grab. A money grab would be something that leaves you no other option whatsoever than to spend money. That's not what we have here. 3 weeks is enough time to get it done.
    Yes, it is possible to have two independent thoughts. I appreciate your condescension.

I was pointing out that you literally contradicted yourself by saying you didn't say something when in fact, you had said it.

So please, unless you want to reveal yourself as a Kabam employee, have some grounded wisdom (see what I did there) and see that we don't want to hear from you. We are asking Kabam for a response, not you.

Yes, it is possible to have two independent thoughts. I appreciate your condescension.

I was pointing out that you literally contradicted yourself by saying you didn't say something when in fact, you had said it.

So please, unless you want to reveal yourself as a Kabam employee, have some grounded wisdom (see what I did there) and see that we don't want to hear from you. We are asking Kabam for a response, not you.
    No, I didn't contradict myself at all. That's what I was pointing out. That's not condescension. It's clarification. If you want to continue to read along your own narrative, that's up to you. If you're going to put words in my mouth, I'm going to point out where you're inaccurate.
    I don't think actual energy isn't as big a part of the amount of the rewards as you are making it out to be. The rewards are based on the difficulty, and the energy costs have very little to do with it. Other wise master and UC difficulty would not have different rewards.
    I don't wang more rewards as the difficulty is still the same. I'd prefer less energy cost. Its the fairest way. 25% of the time cut is huge. I always finish the last week. I plan it around my real life. Solo and alliance events for completion requirements. Ive got it down to a science. Im free to play so ever refill i spend on units hurts my soul.
    Actually, the amount of Energy is a factor. It doesn't directly equate to the Rewards because the difficulty plays a factor as well, but it is a part of it.

Actually, the amount of Energy is a factor. It doesn't directly equate to the Rewards because the difficulty plays a factor as well, but it is a part of it.

Nobody said it wasn't a factor.
    You said if they cut the energy costs by 25% they would have to cut the rewards by 25%. There's no way the energy is 25% of how they determine the rewards.

Mlee1829 said:

You said if they cut the energy costs by 25% they would have to cut the rewards by 25%. There's no way the energy is 25% of how they determine the rewards.

GW will simply say that even though they said that, they can have two independent thoughts that contradict but don't contradict themselves.

You're still on that kick? Let me break it down for you once more, so you're not unclear on it.
    Just because I said they make money selling Refills DOES NOT mean I said EQ was a money grab.
    Clear enough?
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★

Are you done yet? Every single one of your points has been dismantled and showed wrong. You contraddicted yourself time over time and you STILL didn't check energy cost for the current event.

You STILL correlating energy cost to rewards where rewards are dependant only on difficulty. Actually, energy cost depends on difficulty too as uncollected (which you probably never ran so far) requires 2 energy per step in the first two missions instead of one. And that's even more of a problem this month.

For example, making the first 2 quests of uncollected cost only 1 energy would have been a GREAT call to shorten the energy burden given the shorter time and make everyone happy. Which didn't happen.
    Vale84 said:

Are you done yet? Every single one of your points has been dismantled and showed wrong. You contraddicted yourself time over time and you STILL didn't check energy cost for the current event.

You STILL correlating energy cost to rewards where rewards are dependant only on difficulty. Actually, energy cost depends on difficulty too as uncollected (which you probably never ran so far) requires 2 energy per step in the first two missions instead of one. And that's even more of a problem this month.

For example, making the first 2 quests of uncollected cost only 1 energy would have been a GREAT call to shorten the energy burden given the shorter time and make everyone happy. Which didn't happen.
    You know, all this time complaining about it, you could be spending on EQ.

Mlee1829 said:

GW will simply say that even though they said that, they can have two independent thoughts that contradict but don't contradict themselves.

You're still on that kick? Let me break it down for you once more, so you're not unclear on it.
    Just because I said they make money selling Refills DOES NOT mean I said EQ was a money grab.
    Clear enough?
    You can’t keep your stuff together, can you? We weren’t talking about EQ being a money grab. We were talking about energy costs being a money grab. I know they both start with “E” but please, keep the topics straight.

Also, for the 3rd time, have you found proof for your claim that this wasn’t the first time they did a less than 4 week EQ? I’m still waiting to be proven wrong on that.

Time allotted to complete the rewards is also part of how yhey determine eq rewards i would think. Maybe not tho. If it isn't, it definitely should

Mlee1829 said:

I didn't mean literally, I was illustrating a point.
    Ok. Well either way, cutting the time to finish it by 25% for the same rewards and same energy cost doesn't make sense. Especially for ppl who go through beginner and normal for units bc they are f2p.

Vale84 said:

You know, all this time complaining about it, you could be spending on EQ.
    It is called multi-tasking. Look into it.

Mlee1829 said:

Clear enough?
    You can’t keep your stuff together, can you? We weren’t talking about EQ being a money grab. We were talking about energy costs being a money grab. I know they both start with “E” but please, keep the topics straight.

Also, for the 3rd time, have you found proof for your claim that this wasn’t the first time they did a less than 4 week EQ? I’m still waiting to be proven wrong on that.

This is def the first time since UC EQ went live.
    We had another month where the exact same issue came up, well after UC went live. I remember because I remember having the exact same conversation, and low and behold, people got it done.
    I think its pretty obvious that the short month should equal less energy. I gotta go do some eq. Short on time this month so.....
    I don't think it's going to change at this point. It's live.

We had another month where the exact same issue came up, well after UC went live. I remember because I remember having the exact same conversation, and low and behold, people got it done.

Nobody is saying it isn't doable. Of course its doable. You can buy energy refills.

Provide proof.
    If it happened before, it was dumb then also. I don't even know why the fact that its happened before makes everything ok.

I don't think it's going to change at this point. It's live.

Oh it def isn't. But if ppl don't say anything they won't know that it should be changed next time this comes up.