**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

My mom always said it's nice to share your toys

Kabam, I've spend thousands getting the best champs, I'm ethically against any form of cheating but with all the login and time based incentives there needs to be a way to let my alliance mates whom I've socialed with for over year take my place when I'm on a well deserved vacation with my family

It's like buying a car not being allowed to let anyone take it out for a spin

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,261 ★★★★★
    So.....this is a request to allow Account Sharing?
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    More like having car insurance that only covers you but you decide to let other people people drive your vehicle against the law.

Why do I feel like there will be a Post asking for Account Sharing Insurance? Lol.
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I mean if no ones modding I've never understood the problem. People who pay mercs to beat content for them without mods don't bother me either since they had to pay for it when I know I can do it cheaper for free. Doubt Kabam comments here though lol
  • Options
    I mean if no ones modding I've never understood the problem. People who pay mercs to beat content for them without mods don't bother me either since they had to pay for it when I know I can do it cheaper for free. Doubt Kabam comments here though lol

If you don't see what's wrong with using Mercs, I can see how Sharing makes sense to you.
  • Options
    Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    Skylord wrote: »
    Kabam, I've spend thousands getting the best champs, I'm ethically against any form of cheating but with all the login and time based incentives there needs to be a way to let my alliance mates whom I've socialed with for over year take my place when I'm on a well deserved vacation with my family

Did you mum also teach you to:

Not cheat
    Play by the rules
    Play fair

Re you analogy: so you buy a car and you let one person have a spin as you say. Fine, maybe. You dont let multiple strangers borrow it all the time over and over like account sharing do you?
  • Options
    JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    you could have just done it instead of posting this and putting a target on ur back
  • Options

If you don't see what's wrong with using Mercs, I can see how Sharing makes sense to you.

So when you're going to be gone for a day of AQ you drop alliance right.
  • Options
    RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Yep, went out on vacation and my poor dog died. I couldn't let anyone in my group of friends watch him. He will be missed. But I'm sure glad I didn't share my house code with them.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

You find an Ally that can arrange for someone to compensate for the absence, and if they're so demanding that they kick you for having a life, so be it. What you don't do is break the rules.
    Yep, and miss AQ rewards for 10 days. Oh and you can't compensate for someone in map 6, if you run that. 10 paths in section 3. No doubling possible.
  • Options

You find an Ally that can arrange for someone to compensate for the absence, and if they're so demanding that they kick you for having a life, so be it. What you don't do is break the rules.
    Yep, and miss AQ rewards for 10 days. Oh and you can't compensate for someone in map 6, if you run that. 10 paths in section 3. No doubling possible.

That's the choices you make. It's agaisnt the rules. It's never been allowed. If Allies are making it a requirement to break the rules and if they're kicking people for not being around for a day, then that's not how the game is supposed to be played to begin with. In another Post, you mention having T4CC's expiring. In this one, you're saying there are high expectations on Players to show up for AQ. I believe we found the source of the imbalance.
    Breaking the rules is not justified by unrealistic expectations placed by Allies. It's those Allies that are setting them. Not the game.

Kabam has a created a game that fosters these allies and it's naive to think they aren't. If they removed AQ lockouts they might not have such a problem
  • Options

That's the choices you make. It's agaisnt the rules. It's never been allowed. If Allies are making it a requirement to break the rules and if they're kicking people for not being around for a day, then that's not how the game is supposed to be played to begin with. In another Post, you mention having T4CC's expiring. In this one, you're saying there are high expectations on Players to show up for AQ. I believe we found the source of the imbalance.
    Breaking the rules is not justified by unrealistic expectations placed by Allies. It's those Allies that are setting them. Not the game.

Kabam has a created a game that fosters these allies and it's naive to think they aren't. If they removed AQ lockouts they might not have such a problem

They created a game. In that, there are opportunities to earn Rewards through the system. They also created a set of rules for fairplay. They did not encourage or foster people to break the rules. Those are choices that Players make. They can't be righteously indignant when they see that action is taken agaisnt those violations. That's the whole misconception that's the problem. "They designed it that way. They allowed us to do it because we spend. It's their fault.". People are responsible for their own choices. They did not create the game to be played unfairly. That's why they have the rules to begin with.
  • Options

They created a game. In that, there are opportunities to earn Rewards through the system. They also created a set of rules for fairplay. They did not encourage or foster people to break the rules. Those are choices that Players make. They can't be righteously indignant when they see that action is taken agaisnt those violations. That's the whole misconception that's the problem. "They designed it that way. They allowed us to do it because we spend. It's their fault.". People are responsible for their own choices. They did not create the game to be played unfairly. That's why they have the rules to begin with.

Fairness is a relative term and if they were actually concerned about it there wouldn't be in-app purchases. That's why I don't care about mercs. It's the same as in-app purchases to me.
  • Options

Fairness is a relative term and if they were actually concerned about it there wouldn't be in-app purchases. That's why I don't care about mercs. It's the same as in-app purchases to me.

It's a business. One that allows for the possibility of free play. You also have the option to make purchases. There's nothing more fair than people buying what they choose.
    That's a far cry from someone who provides illegal services by racketeering. Which, let's face it, is exactly what it is. The game is the digital property of Kabam. If someone is making profit on it, it's not only agaisnt TOS, it's also illegal.
  • Options

It's a business. One that allows for the possibility of free play. You also have the option to make purchases. There's nothing more fair than people buying what they choose.
    That's a far cry from someone who provides illegal services by racketeering. Which, let's face it, is exactly what it is. The game is the digital property of Kabam. If someone is making profit on it, it's not only agaisnt TOS, it's also illegal.

I think you're jumbling mercs who use mods with people who are just good at playing. I would never support mods in any form.
  • Options
    SkylordSkylord Posts: 138

Not cheat
    Play by the rules
    Play fair

Re you analogy: so you buy a car and you let one person have a spin as you say. Fine, maybe. You dont let multiple strangers borrow it all the time over and over like account sharing do you?

It's my car I should be able to do with it as I please no? I've made a considerable invest of time and money into this game, yet I'm subject to a TOS that is heavily basis. In the old days I'd simply pull out my Final Fanasty 3 cartridge and toss to my best pal and say here bud I got the rangnaok sword, wanna try it out? have fun see if you like I'm out this weekend anyways.

I'm 100% against any form of cheating or deception but that's a two way street, don't
    make rules that favor profit over ethics, allow me to fully ulitize my investment.

• Options
    you could have just done it instead of posting this and putting a target on ur back

I have no regrets, and rather get this topic out in the open that doing something and having to worry all the time about the consequences
  • Options
    Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    Mana_Pot wrote: »
    I don't understand how people can be ok with giving anyone their account in the first place. Especially with rando alliance members. Friends or not, I don't trust anyone that much.

Thats a sad way to live life :)
  • Options

Not cheat
    Play by the rules
    Play fair

I thought someone would use car insurance as a counter analogy but not a good comparison at all....I don't spend 3-4 odins spinning for the best geico policy, and insurance is meant to have a pay out, not at all the same. When I make an in-game purchase what exactly am I getting?
  • Options
    Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★

Not cheat
    Play by the rules
    Play fair

I thought someone would use car insurance as a counter analogy but not a good comparison at all....I don't spend 3-4 odins spinning for the best geico policy, and insurance is meant to have a pay out, not at all the same. When I make an in-game purchase what exactly am I getting?

You do see that I was against comparing it to insurance?

As for what you are getting when you make a purchase, thats easy. You are betting on getting some reward, just a bet like a lottery ticket. Not hard to understand
  • Options

Not cheat
    Play by the rules
    Play fair

You do see that I was against comparing it to insurance?

As for what you are getting when you make a purchase, thats easy. You are betting on getting some reward, just a bet like a lottery ticket. Not hard to understand

Hmm maybe I missed that if so my bad, if this is a "betting" game then we've opened up a whole new can of worms, for one odds would have to be published, a whole slew of regulations would follow, and I believe online gambling is in fact illegal in most states.

• Options
    WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    Who cares? They have been doing this since forever especially the top allies. You just started caring? lol I'm not even in a top ally. And even if they tried they would never lose a whale. Hell they would probably just change his name for him.

Grounded your fighting a losing battle your account isn't even on the same level as his probably not even close. I mean this perspective your mr irrelevant. You are fighting something you know jack all about map 6 which I'm sure you have never done or even can constantly do. Map 5 is a chore let alone map 6. And without 30min timers this pretty much makes account sharing a must. Kabam in a sense did this to themselves by not making it more reasonable same with aw.

I have never cheated or plan to cheat . But the merc thing imo is another unwarranted issue.. your still paying to beat it regardless if you do it your grandma or your brother do lol. Lol is going to cost money bottom line.
  • Options
    Who cares? They have been doing this since forever especially the top allies. You just started caring? lol I'm not even in a top ally. And even if they tried they would never lose a whale. Hell they would probably just change his name for him.

Grounded your fighting a losing battle your account isn't even on the same level as his probably not even close. I mean this perspective your mr irrelevant. You are fighting something you know jack all about map 6 which I'm sure you have never done or even can constantly do. Map 5 is a chore let alone map 6. And without 30min timers this pretty much makes account sharing a must. Kabam in a sense did this to themselves by not making it more reasonable same with aw.

I have never cheated or plan to cheat . But the merc thing imo is another unwarranted issue.. your still paying to beat it regardless if you do it your grandma or your brother do lol. Lol is going to cost money bottom line.

I care because I've heard people are getting punished for it, read the collectors message about less than honorable summoners i.e. Account sharing
  • Options
    DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Depends on what type of toys she meant to share...