**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

[iOS] 22.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 22.1 version of the game.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• Severus35Severus35 Posts: 88
    In-Game Name: Belphégor
    Device and Model: iPhone Xr
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 22.1 version
    Game Mode: Every mode
    Description of the Issue: The game is no longer running at a consistent smooth framerate during fights. It seems that background animations cause the game to drastically drop frames (planes, flames, smoke etc..).
    Binary Ignition and Darkhawk's auras still make the game stutter when they activate.
    This issue started a bit last month but it's way worse on this version.

I'd rather have much less details in the background and a game that runs at 60fps constantly.
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    In-Game Name: JOHNOSA1995
    Device and Model: iPad mini 2
    Cellular or WiFi: wifi
    Game Mode: Every mode
    No problem until new update.frame rate drop.pls fix it ASAP
  • ViksimtianViksimtian Posts: 50
    In-Game Name: viksimtian
    Device and Model: iPhone 6S+
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game Mode: cant login so mode is irrelevant
    Description of the Issue: I am unable to login into the game on my wifi finally had to switch to the mobile internet to login. I uninstalled and reinstalled on Wi-fi and still didnt work. Only worked after i switched to the cellular connection and turning on wifi is again logging me out of the game and not logging in on wifi.

Please resolve this asap as this is a major bug and is causing a lot of trouble to me.
  • LucasBishopXLucasBishopX Posts: 28
    edited April 2019
    Lucas Bishop X
    iPhone 7+
    iOS 12.2
    Both cellular and wifi
    MCoC v.22.1
    There’s so many issues I don’t even know where to start :(
    Lags (major lag during intense combat situations), champions disappear from their selection frame, occasionally will freeze at start of match, portals will sometimes double teleport to same location costing extra energy, controls are not functioning properly (will sometimes do things on its own), occasionally attacks will do no damage to enemy...etc.
  • Tiny5521Tiny5521 Posts: 3
    In-Game Name: tiny5521
    Device and Model: iPhone 8
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi and cellular
    Game Mode: Story quest, event quest, haven’t tried AQ or war yet
    Description of the Issue: game drops controls and animations. The game it very glitchy/choppy at any moment in the fight. Makes timing blocks and attacks impossible as well as intercepting a dash attack with a special. Seems to happen with iceman, Hyperion, and Luke cage for me but those are the fighters I use most so it my be happening with others.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    In-Game Name: MSRDLD
    Device and Model: iPhone Xr
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, mainly WiFi
    Game Mode: EQ
    Description of the Issue: The fights lag and frame rate seems reduced the fight. Choppy fights. Especially noticeable during fights against Johnny Storm.

The game was not like this 2 days ago before the update.

• In-Game Name: Mathi1983
    Device and Model: iPhone 6
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, mainly WiFi
    Game Mode: EQ
    Description of the Issue: My champs are completely out of control. They didn’t respond in fight. Hanging/freezing/can’t dash back or evade/ can’t make parry. Totally ruined the game play. AQ and AW are more worst. Only seeing less problem in Arena.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    In-Game Name: BowTieJohn
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.1.4
    Game Version Installed: Version 22.1
    Game Mode: All game modes
    Description of the Issue: Overall gameplay is very laggy which has caused me to lose fights and spend units which shouldn't have happened. Hoping this will be resolved soon. Enjoying the new content still!
  • OscarLanderos
    Iphone XS Max
    IOS 12.2
    The issue happens when using cellular or Wifi.
    Variant Quest, Chapter 3, Quest 1.
    After Hyperion's special 3 animation is complete my character remains still (frozen) for a few seconds. My controls do not register immediately after Hyperion's special 3 animation is complete.
  • In-Game Name: Ny8mare
    Description of the Issue: Overall gameplay is very laggy which has caused me to lose fight and lagging even when opening crystals. Hoping this will be resolved soon. Enjoying the new content :)
  • Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    edited April 2019
    In-Game Name: Jakeosaurus
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Description of the Issue: Overall game play is very laggy which has caused me to lose fight and lagging even when opening crystals. Hoping this will be resolved soon. My parry's are not landing as they used to, I haven't changed game play style, I am pretty certain it is either framer-rate or lag. There's odd visuals, including the "tentacle issue" mentioned of forums the other day. Enjoying the new content
  • In-Game Name: Fairchildgg
    Device and Model: iPhone 6S
    Description of the Issue: The game can't connect to server when the battle is end in the arenas. It happened more than ten times today.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    In-Game Name: FluffyPigMonstr
    Device and Model: iPhone 8 Plus
    Cellular or WiFi: both/AT&T
    Game Version Installed: 22.1
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest/Alliance War, duels, everything
    Description of the Issue: Mister Sinister cannot initiate a heavy attack following his SP3, he “whiffs” on the opponent can begin hitting him where he should pause the duration of any debuffs applied to the opponent. Additionally when he stuns and you hold heavy, The opponent launches a special immediately WITHOUT Sinister completing the heavy.

Have video to support this if required

• Harshbawa1Harshbawa1 Posts: 34
    edited April 2019
    In-Game Name: harshbawa1
    Device and Model: iPhone 8Plus
    Game Mode: Monthly Event Quest
    Description of the Issue: there’s apparent lagging at the start of each fight and specifically where there’s too much animation. Movements become slow and touch doesn’t work as desired. It is costing me units and revives.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    In game name: borntohula
    Device and Model: iPhone XS Max
    Game Mode: All
    Description of the Issue: Extreme lag in most (but not all) fights. It literally looks like a stop motion animation at times. A smidgen slower and I could take a video which looked like a still. When it hits, it’s basically unplayable. Occurs intermittently in all game modes. AW was an utter mess because of it. I also lost my arena streak. Given that I’ve explored act 6.1 that is not a common thing. I’m considering leaving my alliance, because I can’t reliably win my war fights this way. It’s a throwback to the eighties. Appallingly bad.
  • DJ_JokesDJ_Jokes Posts: 13
    edited April 2019
    In-Game Name: DJ-Jokes
    Cellular or WiFi: both (Verizon)
    Game Version Installed: 22.1
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests
    Description of the Issue:
    Sentinel analysis does not start when hitting a blocking opponent, requires opponent to initiate through repeat attack cycle. Once initiated, functions correctly.

Edit: just updated to 22.1.1 - not fixed
  • MbizzMbizz Posts: 215 ★★
    In-Game Name: mbizz
    Device and Model: iPhone 6S+
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi
    Game mode : Arena, EQ, story, home screen, champion select screen
    Issue : Massive lag when selecting champions at arena screen, also for EQ and story. Fights are laggy, sound isn’t registering attacks properly. During fights sometimes the lag spikes will result in the game crashing. As well as just crashing out of the blue at loading screen. Just got new update earlier and issues have become worse. Crashing/lag more frequent.

Game was running OK (aside from game crashing when using certain champions ie. darkhawk, sym supreme, aegon, champion) up until the update.
  • RichTheManRichTheMan Posts: 187 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    In-Game Name: richtheman
    Device and Model: iPhone 7+
    Cellular or WiFi: Wi-Fi
    Game Version Installed: 22.1.1(Hotfix)
    Game Mode: All Modes
    Constant Lagging, 'Juddery' Movements, Champions are unresponsive at times.

• UghhhUghhh Posts: 1
    In-Game Name: Ugh Duh
    Device and Model: iPhone 5s
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 22.1.1
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests
    Description of the Issue: Lag and loading times are now unbearable. I swear it takes less time to load gta V. Lag has cost me matches. Load times are stopping me from wanting to play at all.

• FunkyMrBillFunkyMrBill Posts: 10
    Horrible lag, game continues to cutout, when in battle hero stands there when trying to dash backwards causes losing the battle. Example, happened during the epic for the Negative Zone, causing lose to multiple hero’s. Ended game because I didn’t want to use any revives or Units.
  • SohrabcavillSohrabcavill Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: sohrabcavill
    Device and Model: iPad Pro 9.7
    Game Version Installed: 22.1.1 version
    Game Mode: Mostly in Event and story and arena
    Description of the Issue: There is a lot of frame drop in game , sometimes i cant backdraft intercept because of lag ...
    also i cant fully evade human torch sp1 and sp2 it looks like that my dash backs dont registrar for final hits of sp1 and sp2 ...
  • I have been having huge lag issues since the update where the dungeons came back. This last update increased the issues of lag and since the fix it seems even worse. I use an iPhone 6s.
    My last AQ boss fight was literally unplayable from lag.

How about you?

Please post if you do or don’t have lag and what you use.
  • GriffoplayGriffoplay Posts: 269
    edited April 2019
    In-Game Name: Griffoplay
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s
    Cellular or WiFi: cellular data and WiFi
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest and Alliance War.
    1 - With every champions VS every champions: at random there is lag issues for 3/4 seconds where game seems to slow down. then it turns ok onece again;
    2 - Beast VS every champions: L1 do not connect the second part. First part ok, second part the enemy is far away and beast can't reach it so the enemy can counterattack and kill;
    3 - Sentinells L1 now do not let you counterattack any more. Sentinells are ready to parry or hit you;
    4 - Cap MArvel L1 do not connect afther a 5 hits combo (last hit medium)
  • Mikea117Mikea117 Posts: 96
    In-Game Name: Merc1077
    Device and Model: iPhone 7 Plus
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    1-Frame rate constantly drops during any and all fights in every mode.
    2-During event quests as well as AQ and AW, champions are taking full damage from attacks while blocking, parrying and using dexterity.
    3-Ultron’s regeneration isn’t triggering at all when under 50% and 25% health.
    4-Using dexterity registers the display on screen but doesn’t actually work. Still taking full damage from evaded stacks.
  • BznetBznet Posts: 18
    In-Game Name: Bznet
    Device and Model: iPhone 6 SE
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    1- using Ultron in AQ and he isnt regenerating health below 50% or 25% anymore
    2- issues with Hyperion against AI after sp3 immediately gets hit by opponent, or lunges forward or doesnt move AI recovers to fast same for heavy all tho not consistent
    3- using a 5 hit combo then special attack is hit or miss last medium doesn't connect
    4- Sentinel still able to dodge or attack after special 1 even after patch in AQ. This is intermittent.
    5-Sentinel analysis does not start when hitting a blocking opponent, requires multiple tries. Once started works correctly.
    6- while dodging X23 sp 1 kick hit box remains longer than intended when completing a dex and dashing in for counter attack
    7-Issues with Vulture hit box in the negative zone (easily replicated) after vulture finishes heavy attack there a chance he is invulnerable and happens as well after sp 2. attack does not hit and you are countered
    8- certain champs L1 does not connect on second part. First part ok, second part the enemy is too far away and the attack doesnt reach so the enemy has the ability to counterattack and kill you
    9- Parry timing off, dexterity timing off, blocking damage issues
    10- AI recovery speed has increased some fights after performing a heavy attack AI has already recovered from being knock down and attacks while my champion is stuck in the animation.
    11- frame rate drops on certain fights or special attacks

• Dartz_MagicianDartz_Magician Posts: 51
    In-Game Name: DartzMagician
    Cellular or WiFi: cellular data
    Game Mode: Event Quest & Alliance Quest Description of the Issue: LAGGY!!! It is really annoying when i was fighting with Johnny Storm. And OVERHEAT too, after playing for around half an hour
  • In-Game Name: Polloloco23
    Device and Model: IPhone XS MAX
    Device Operating System: IOS 12.1.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi (Spectrum, 100 down)
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest
    Description of the Issue: Went in to fight a defender and the game just froze. Nothing more to it. Here's a video on it freezing and even though it timed-out it was completely gltiched and frozen. https://youtu.be/3l3a4bWzIFE
This discussion has been closed.