**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Pre 12.0 champs viable today?

I started playing this game just before the colossal 12.0 nerf so I never really got to experience Thor, DS & SW steamroll content. I just know they had to be grossly OP to require that kind of rework & judging by the community's response back then, it was a huge nerf.
I know they were 4* champs that made end game content look like playing with mud but if you take the likes of Ghost, Corvus, Sparky, Domino, Blade etc as 4*s to the same content today, they would slice through it just as easy I would assume.

This led me to wonder...
In the current meta of the game, is it still fair to consider pre 12.0 champs like Thor & SW too OP?
Just curious.

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    A lot has changed since then. I am not exactly clear with the changes but I am aware of these.

1/ there is now much higher block damage
    2/ Challenger rating
    3/ diminishing returns

So it is not clear how the pre 12 version champs will perform now.

One or two big gripes was
    a/ removal of leadership mastery
    b/ active sale of mystic rank-up material just before nerf (that made many who upgraded Dr Strange really upset)

Maybe others can chime in.
  • Options
    Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    DS would still be able to clear everything. SW as well, although some of the newer defenders would probably be difficult.

Thor...would destroy

BW would be a counter to basically anything but she would time out in (mini) bossfights with the DR system and Pure Skill crippled.
  • Options
    BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Marri_2 said:

DS would still be able to clear everything. SW as well, although some of the newer defenders would probably be difficult.

Thor...would destroy

BW would be a counter to basically anything but she would time out in (mini) bossfights with the DR system and Pure Skill crippled.

Guess they were truely OP
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    Thor at his finest (of course pre 12.0).

https://youtu.be/RbJNjtxPNdo