Options

Time to reconsider 12.0?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ivanka_HumpalotIvanka_Humpalot Posts: 51
    edited April 2019
    Even if the old champs were exactly as they used to be, SW being the one possible exception, there is still tons of newer content where Black Widow, Thor, Strange, or even Witch would be a worse option than Blade, Corvus, Sparky, She-Hulk, CAIW, Void, ArchAngel, Domino, Iceman, Quake, Medusa etc... the game meta has moved on. You might not realize it but your entire post was wholeheartedly endorsing my point. Kabam could take away the champion-specific changes they made to all of these champs, and within the current system and current meta it would not change anything and they wouldn't dominate everything, either. There is a huge range of new challenges out there that they do not solve, but, as they are, they are not even used at all which is unfortunate. If Kabam is going to be handing out rank-up materials specific to these champs why not at least make them relevant? They already did it for Venom and She-Hulk.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,267 ★★★★★
    What I was trying to highlight is after that entire situation, the last thing they would want to do is to recreate the possibility. In order to release them as 5*s, they would have to be stronger. I would be extremely cautious in doing that. Not to mention, even in their current state, a couple of them would be OP.
  • Options
    Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★

@Ivanka_Humpalot not sure I agree with your summary of what happened in 12.0. The leadership mastery was removed in order to stop people from only using the same block teams for all content and that was before 12.0 as I recall. Nevertheless I do think we ought to get these champs back in the game. As for the nerfs, I still don't think DS or BW needed one. Could be wrong. SW was broken without question, though I loved her lol.

Yes, Leadership removal was July/August before 12.0, whi h was in Jan/Feb I believe.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Some people think that Kabam just wants the older champions to suck so that you will be motivated to get newer champions... but I think this argument is clearly invalid when you see what they did for Gamora, She Hulk and Venom, and the synergies that boosted Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, and Colossus. Clearly the developers want ALL the champions in the game to be relevant, which I think is great and it's one of the reasons I really like this game. So... my suggestion was meant to help toward that end.
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

Well, the first thing would be to add them in the basic crystal... currently they are not even available

This is actually the best point anyone has made so far. At least as a 5* the only one of these champs in the basic crystal is StarLord. But... given that the rest are only currently available as 4*s, that's also all the more reason why changing them back wouldn't really affect much. I wasn't even thinking about that.
  • Options

What I was trying to highlight is after that entire situation, the last thing they would want to do is to recreate the possibility. In order to release them as 5*s, they would have to be stronger. I would be extremely cautious in doing that. Not to mention, even in their current state, a couple of them would be OP.

I understand being cautious, but I strongly disagree that any of them would be as dominant as several of the other newer champs I listed. Particularly when the current meta of the game requires such a broad range of different utility. Do you really think that, for example, if OG Thor was released as a 5-star and he could stack 4 armor breaks, given the current system where armor cannot go below 0, that he would be more utilized in end-game content than Corvus or Proxima or Blade?
  • Options

I understand being cautious, but I strongly disagree that any of them would be as dominant as several of the other newer champs I listed. Particularly when the current meta of the game requires such a broad range of different utility. Do you really think that, for example, if OG Thor was released as a 5-star and he could stack 4 armor breaks, given the current system where armor cannot go below 0, that he would be more utilized in en d-game content than Corvus or Proxima or Blade?
    I mean, besides the fact that they wouldn't likely be willing to risk it, yes. I do think they would be OP. Also, Armor can go into the negative.
  • Options
    That explanation was given for Pure Skill, but Champs can Armor Break into the negative.
  • Options
    Does it still multiply their damage like it used to? I thought that's why Thor's damage could become insane and it was one of the things they changed about the system in 12.0 along with diminishing returns etc.
  • Options
    Well, no. Not the same. That's the part about DR is it affects certain Stats, but the whole part about not Ignoring 0 Armor was an explanation given for how PS peaks at Level 3 or 4.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Well, anyway, I appreciate the constructive comments though I disagree that they would be more OP than the new champs. If this is anything like past posts I've made to these forums... I will suggest something... I get a ton of flak from other posters saying I'm stupid and Kabam will never do it for this and that and the other reason... and then Kabam does it. Like I suggested they reduce all the energy costs for Act 4 from 3 energy to 2 energy. A few months later and Kabam did exactly that. And yet somehow the game goes on and the world didn't end go figure. :smile:

(btw: good on Kabam for taking my awesome advice in that instance! :smiley: )
  • Options
    All good. I'm all for decent debates. It's refreshing when people can disagree without things getting messy. :) I wish there was more of that.