**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

SENTINEL'S SP1 IS NO LONGER PUNISHABLE [Merged Threads]

Comments

• severedtrevorseveredtrevor Posts: 46
    I can confirm this as well. After the update to the update, Sentinel still recovers too quickly. Please fix this!
  • Finalflash8Finalflash8 Posts: 72
    Still broken. I notice no difference after updating to the hot fix. Can we have this issue revisited @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra ?
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Still broken.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Did my last 3 passes of 6.1.6 and I agree with others - it's still broken. Sentinel at end was much easier before I updated several days ago. I am unsure if it is much better than prior to hotfix.

Was I ever able to punish his L1? Yes, but it was very few and far between and often when this happened you could see he was starting to move and I just caught him moving. It's almost a zero chance if you back out to edge of screen to dodge his beam. I didn't even both try punishing it much after getting punched in the face a few times.
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    Broken Kabam! :) just btw :) again :)
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Maybe it is to do with AI changes and @Kabam Miike shouldn’t just toss that suggestion aside even when made by more experienced players ;)
  • CeresCPHCeresCPH Posts: 69
    This bug is not fixed yet. Yes you can punish after sp1 now with some luck however the timing is still not the same as before the update. Please fix it so it works like it used too.
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    I'm not a programmer.. but is there a reason this problem with the L1 for sentinel would take so much longer to resolve than the bug with Nick Furys synergy? They were both present at the same time.. seeing how quick and easy it was to resolve the synergy problem.. should the issue with sentinel not be as easy to resolve?
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    STILL NOT FIXED AT ALL!!!
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I agree that now sentinel sp1, the recovery time is shorter. So its rng on whether you can punish his sp1 depending on whether he chooses to dodge, block/parry or intercept you.
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 311 ★★
    @Kabam Lyra whats the status of this?...still cant punish him like before..it’s inconsistent and two more paths left to 100 percent 6.1.6 and I’ve been stalled since the update waiting very frustrating
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    Same here, fix not helped. After sp1 no possibility to punish sentinel.
  • gzrbanggzrbang Posts: 16
    Came to post the same issue not being able to punish Sentinel's L1 anywhere as easily before even after the hotfix. I did a couple duels and managed to punish some of the time when the timing is PERFECT. Other times, I'd get parried/blocked/evaded when trying to rush in after his L1. This needs to be fixed especially for Act 6.1. @Kabam Miike
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108

Hey all,

We're continuing to investigate this. Now, just to be sure, are you Dashing in to hit Sentinel at the EXACT same time that you used to? Because Sentinel was built to have a very difficult to punish SP1, but we know that y'all figured out how to get around that very quickly. So I just want to check to make sure.

In my case, yes I can confirm our behavior in regards to learning how to punish his SP1 before the patch is the same as we are using today. Yes, it is always hard but it was possible. Now, YOU WILL hit a block or get dexed by AI (except really easy content, where AI is be open to be hit) as stated by others.

This can be easily replicated in iOS, not sure what's the Dev team is using to test it out.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Hey all,

We're continuing to investigate this. Now, just to be sure, are you Dashing in to hit Sentinel at the EXACT same time that you used to? Because Sentinel was built to have a very difficult to punish SP1, but we know that y'all figured out how to get around that very quickly. So I just want to check to make sure.

It like all Ai speed has Ben faster but sentinel is one ther really can År lot speed
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Hey all,

Yes, at the EXACT same time, just after dodging the last beam i dash in to punish that sentinel just to be blocked (that is when i am lucky) or intercepted and destroyed (that is most of the time). it happens whatever the sentinel i am fighting : in Alliance War, Alliance Quest, Event Quest, Arena etc...
    @Kabam Miike yes I am having same issues..I punish sentienel same way from the time he was released..I go all the way back and on last beam I dexterity it and come in for combo..never fails..no it’s bugged..try dueling don2769..it’s a rank 2 6 star sentinel..go in after dodging last beam and u might get a combo..might get blocked or my favorite is when the AI is able to dexterity me..please fix this as soon as possible
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra so as I’m fighting human torch I notice his L1 is fully evadable and punishable..it is a unique and long L1 but even being extremely far away from him after the final dexterity I am still able to come in and punish human torch..make sentienel L1 frame rate the same as human torch and it should be fixed
  • Stellar said:

Hey all,

Yes, at the EXACT same time, just after dodging the last beam i dash in to punish that sentinel just to be blocked (that is when i am lucky) or intercepted and destroyed (that is most of the time). it happens whatever the sentinel i am fighting : in Alliance War, Alliance Quest, Event Quest, Arena etc...

Thanks! To be clear, we are still looking into this, but I wanted to make sure we were comparing the exact same movements.
  • Riverbullet84Riverbullet84 Posts: 9
    Yes, exact same movements and timing as before the update. Our gameplay has not changed on our end...
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    By the way could you take a look to parry ?
    I mean, one time out of three, while blocking the defender can go through my parry as if i am standing ther ready to be punished ! it is quite frustrating...

Edit : it happens more often just at the start of the fight
  • CeresCPHCeresCPH Posts: 69

Hey all,

Yes I am playing the same way and the sentinel is still moving before I am able to dash in with the first hit. However if it is done perfectly (micro second time slot) I am able to continue with my hitting streak. Mostly I miss it now due to the change of the sentinels behavior.
  • gzrbanggzrbang Posts: 16
    edited April 2019
    CeresCPH said:

Hey all,

Yes I am playing the same way and the sentinel is still moving before I am able to dash in with the first hit. However if it is done perfectly (micro second time slot) I am able to continue with my hitting streak. Mostly I miss it now due to the change of the sentinels behavior.
    Playing the same way here too. Just to echo CeresCPH, you have to time your dex of the beam PERFECTLY otherwise you risk getting combo'd into oblivion. It seems kind of hit and miss for me still as you don't seem to know if you'lll be the one attacking or getting pummeled after trying to punish Sentinel's L1. I nearly lost my Blade on AQ6 section 2 on that power gain Sentinel thanks to the buggy behavior. @Kabam Miike
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    Apparently suggesting that mods actually take the time to verify fixes before claiming they’re fixed isn’t constructive & will get you flagged so I’ll throw a more constructive suggestion out there. How about some mods post a tutorial video of their own gameplay showing us how to avoid getting clobbered from this “fixed” bug? It’s apparent all of us still having the issue just aren’t very good & could use a how to on this. Silly me was looking forward to seeing what variant 2.0 had to offer but I’m obviously not ready if sentinel is landing hits on me.
This discussion has been closed.