**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

My 6th 5* Crystal: Thanks Kabam!

Wakanda4Ever278Wakanda4Ever278 Posts: 1,106 ★★★

This made my day, Psylocke is personally one of my favorite X-Men characters and champs. Thanks Kabam!

Comments

• XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    She can do pretty good damage but I don't know how to use her
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★

It's been awhile since I played her, but if you use the special 1 and it drains the opponent to zero power (as long as you have one of her charges, meaning the opponent needs to fill a bar of energy), they will not gain power.

So what I would do is get that charge, wait until they just fill up a bar or two of energy (meaning when they'd fire it, they'd have next to no energy) and then fire my special one and they'd be locked.

Then, when they are locked, you can fill those charges every 5 hits and if you build them up, can do some major damage via the heavy.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Still dont own her as 4 or 5* same goes for x23 both been evading me for 4 yrs now lol
  • Congrats! Always good to get one of your favorite characters and her power manipulation can be super satisfying.
  • Congrats. I hope u can use her well. Such a good character that can be useful.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,646 Guardian
    kfd2010 said:

It's been awhile since I played her, but if you use the special 1 and it drains the opponent to zero power (as long as you have one of her charges, meaning the opponent needs to fill a bar of energy), they will not gain power.

So what I would do is get that charge, wait until they just fill up a bar or two of energy (meaning when they'd fire it, they'd have next to no energy) and then fire my special one and they'd be locked.

Then, when they are locked, you can fill those charges every 5 hits and if you build them up, can do some major damage via the heavy.
    More specifically, if you can drain them to zero and Psylocke has at least one charge, they no longer gain power when you hit them. They can still gain power through other means: they are not power locked. If they hit you they can still gain power, and if they have a power gain ability they can still gain power. But as long as they are stuck at zero, you can hit them and not give them power (which keeps them at zero, allowing you to do this indefinitely so long as they don't gain power some other way).

Psylocke's SP1 doesn't drain a full bar of power, it is about 3/4ths of a bar plus or minus. Because SP1 has several hits, each of which can give a small amount of power, you actually drain a net of about 2/3rds of a bar or so (unless the target is already at zero). But one special property of Psylocke's SP1 is that if you drain an opponent enough so that their power bar drops below a special attack threshold, say from more than two bars of power to less than two bars of power, Psylocke gains a bar of power.

Put this all together. You get the target to a tiny bit more than a threshold of power and land SP1. Say for example about 2.1 bars of power. SP1 will drain them to about 1.5 bars of power but also give you a bar of power. Now you hit them again with SP1. This will drain them down to about 0.7 bars of power and give you another bar. Hit them again and drain them to zero, and now they are pseudo-locked: as long as they don't have power gain and you don't let them hit you, you can hit them indefinitely and not give them any power. If you don't do this just right you won't be able to get them all the way down to zero, but you can still attack them and drain them down repeatedly. If you can bait a special attack (and it doesn't hit you) you can follow that up with an SP1, and since they just used a special they might be low enough that that last SP1 brings them to zero. Combining these two tactics - chain SP1 to drain them, and baiting specials to bring them low - can allow Psylocke to permanently zero out the power of any opponent that doesn't have intrinsic power gain.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    My favourite superhero is Colossus. Don't want to get him as a 5* though. I might cry if I do.
  • mrclever8mrclever8 Posts: 12
    I also have psylocke as a 5*
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Psylocke is awesome! Congrats on the pull
  • SUIC1DESUIC1DE Posts: 20
    Does her zero power lock rely on her being awakened? Sorry if I missed it on my read thru
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    SUIC1DE said:

Does her zero power lock rely on her being awakened? Sorry if I missed it on my read thru

She can still do that unawakened, her sig ability gives her some extra crit damage and AAR
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    I'm very happy you like her because personally I find her very useful and underrated :)
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    I understand being happy with a desired/lucky pull, but why does everyone thank Kabam when it happens?
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    rather have her than kamala or hulkbuster or colossus.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    kfd2010 said:

In addition if she drains power that crosses a bar threshold she gains a bar of power. So if you drain her while the opponent has 1.1 bars, you get your bar back.
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    My latest pull was 5* blue Cyclops 😡😡😡