**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Awakening Gem exchange needed

Comments

• XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I have two 4star mystic awakening gems but no one is good enough for it.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    IMO stuff like Awakening Gems and Sig Stones should NOT have an inventory cap, or if so it should be like 10.

The fact that stuff that Kabam values at $70 can EXPIRE is criminal.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Awakening gems should all be generic, there is way too many layers of rng involved as it is. Sometimes I'm not even sure anymore if I'm still playing mcoc or is it straight up Bingo already
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★

I just think one of the side-effects of so much hype with the best Champs is people are so blasé about the rest. It's that all-or-nothing approach that is extremely limiting. They're either called worth it, or garbage.

It's not about hype, it's about usability. It's just that the 'other' champs are already unimpressive.

It doesn't matter what a character looks like, how popular they are in the comics, if they don't provide good damage or usability players just won't invest in them.

It's not about we WE think, it's how the character was made and what the content needs. We don't design the tools we only look for them. If there's an expiring gem then it's obviously the right move to use it on the best available champ, but in every other scenario it's better holding on and using them on someone who can progress you. ~85% of the champs in this game are arena fodder.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★
    Vale84 said:

I'll never understand for the life of me why people sit on stacks of Gems, waiting for the perfect options. If you have a number of them, use some of them at least. Lol.

That s the precise reason you probably dont go past master event quest of if anything uncollected.

The so “hyped” champions you talk about arent hyped, they are necessary to progress in the game.

Id be very eager to see you use your gems and items on other else than those champs, and then pay a visit to variant LoL or act 6.

Thats why i stay on my point: you dont have the knowledge necessary for you to even ask yourself why ppl waits for those champions.

After all if you struggle that much in keeping an arena streak, maybe, just maybe you arent the best option on here to dish knowledge. Which would still be fine and your own opinion if in any of your post you didnt imply what you say is basically the common thought and view of the game.
    The only one who is talking about what they don't know is you. Your attpempt to make things personal with me is as successful as your judgment on what I can and cannot do. Let me give you a hint. It's not successful.

Saying I don't have the knowledge is just not true. I just disagree. People are too picky and critical.
  • SwainbeatsSwainbeats Posts: 21
    Very good points. A lot of us are lvl 60 accounts and completing endgame content or trying to complete endgame content. Some of these events are not easy or cheap. Rewards should be rewarding. I know it’s a gamble but to get the same gems over and over. 6 class awakening gems I’ve got and they have been mystic or mutant. 3 tech 2015 rank up gems. Like back to back. This game will make you question your sanity.

I just disagree. People are too picky and critical.

Champs are tools and most of them are mediocre tools that cannot progress players. This is why players are picky and critical.

Champs are tools and most of them are mediocre tools that cannot progress players. This is why players are picky and critical.
    Most of them aren't even taken out of the toolbox and sharpened long enough to know whether they can be helpful or not. If they're not mandated for Prestige, OP in some immediate way, or good for Defense, they're not used. Half the time people only go on word-of-mouth advice, or rely on one Fight in ROL to base their findings, and don't spend adequate time with them. Profiles all look the same because people do what everyone else does. I don't dispute that there are some on the lower end, but there's a great deal more that have unique and useful Abilities than just 15%. I do not agree with the number that are tossed to the waist side and labeled Trash. That's as rash as it is inaccurate.
    I see, so your argument to what I said is implying I'm only working on Act 4 and Master EQ. Nice subtlety there.
    I still stand by what I said. There are more than are commonly-used that are valuable.
    edited April 2019

I still stand by what I said. There are more than are commonly-used that are valuable.

Can you give any examples of underused champs that are useful in variant or act 6?

Can you give any examples of underused champs that are useful in variant or act 6?
    You're still not getting the point of what I'm saying. It's not about this content vs. that content. It's about the entire mentality of only picking the best and calling the rest trash. They're not trash by default. That's not how it works. There are other Champs that can hold their own and perform well. Some aren't overtly-OP, and require some time to get to know their mechanics.
    There's this whole focus on the "Heavy Hitters" that says, "Welp. They don't do what these ones do, so they're useless.". Not the case.
    That's a trapping argument because I could comprise a list of Champs that are useful and overlooked, and all it would be met with is, "They're no good.", or "This one does it better.". You can't level with people who have a closed-mind. You can however, suggest that they open their minds to exploring other possibilities.
  • Gavstert99Gavstert99 Posts: 9
    edited April 2019

That's a trapping argument because I could comprise a list of Champs that are useful and overlooked, and all it would be met with is, "They're no good.", or "This one does it better.". You can't level with people who have a closed-mind. You can however, suggest that they open their minds to exploring other possibilities.

This entire thread you have not made a valid point. I've had 3 mystic AGs for months. Are you saying I should've used one on juggernaut? Or Hood or Guillotine? I just pulled a Ghost Rider and used one, and now I'm saving the other ones for Voodoo and SS. can you honestly say awakening one of those other champs would be more helpful?
    zeezee57 said:

Most of them aren't even taken out of the toolbox and sharpened long enough to know whether they can be helpful or not. If they're not mandated for Prestige, OP in some immediate way, or good for Defense, they're not used. Half the time people only go on word-of-mouth advice, or rely on one Fight in ROL to base their findings, and don't spend adequate time with them. Profiles all look the same because people do what everyone else does. I don't dispute that there are some on the lower end, but there's a great deal more that have unique and useful Abilities than just 15%. I do not agree with the number that are tossed to the waist side and labeled Trash. That's as rash as it is inaccurate.
    Please do start putting out some examples and specifics rather than just general statements with nothing to back them up. Which champs exactly that stray from the norm are you using to successfully complete endgame content that everyone else is overlooking? There's plenty of low damage/high utility champs that flop in ROL but still get ranked highly by many players because they have use in endgame content. Sure you can breeze through act 4 and master EQ with R3-R4 Civil Warrior, Superior Iron Man, Loki etc etc but bring that same crew into Variant, 6.1, even the latter half of Act 5 and tell me how satisfied you are that you poured high end rank materials and AGs into them. There's a reason the same 15% of champs make up the top couple thousand profiles and its because those champs get **** done.

This entire thread you have not made a valid point. I've had 3 mystic AGs for months. Are you saying I should've used one on juggernaut? Or Hood or Guillotine? I just pulled a Ghost Rider and used one, and now I'm saving the other ones for Voodoo and SS. can you honestly say awakening one of those other champs would be more helpful?
    Hood or Guillotine, I would consider, yes. Try making that point with people who won't listen. That's why I'm not wasting my energy arguing specific Champs. It's a trap.
    zeezee57 said:

Hood or Guillotine, I would consider, yes. Try making that point with people who won't listen. That's why I'm not wasting my energy arguing specific Champs. It's a trap.
    And here I thought it was because you didn't have a valid point to make 😂😂😂

All jokes aside though its comical how ironic it is when you say things like that when everyone who's responded to you has stated specific reasons and examples why they do what they do and you've gone with "that's how I feel" but still have the temerity to pretend everyone else is wrong and just unable to see the wisdom in your perspective. You should consider just once that maybe you're wrong and its not always everyone else.
    This is precisely why I'm not debating specific examples with you. I know a set-up when I see one. All you're doing is creating a Strawman Argument and ignoring what I'm saying. Even if I did comprise a list, you would scoff, or argue with my views incessantly.
    I'm not going to waste my energy trying to pour water into a Glass Jar with a lid on it. I will still stand by my point that people are far too judgmental when it comes to Champs.
    My point is exactly what I said, and you're not actually trying to debate it with me at all. In the words of Faye Dunaway, "This ain't my first time at The Rodeo.".
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    edited April 2019

My point is exactly what I said, and you're not actually trying to debate it with me at all. In the words of Faye Dunaway, "This ain't my first time at The Rodeo.".

We know. We are all aware of your drive to tell us all what we should think, like, and do. And heaven forbid someone's opinion is negative towards Kabaam.

But as to the actual topic. If you actually play the game your not wasting an awakening gem on a bad champ.
    I don't subscribe to others telling me who is and isn't a bad Champ. I form my own views. I'm sorry if that concept is foreign to you, but contrary to your statement, I play the game more fully by not restricting my opinions on Champs based on status quo.
    edited April 2019

I don't subscribe to others telling me who is and isn't a bad Champ. I form my own views. I'm sorry if that concept is foreign to you, but contrary to your statement, I play the game more fully by not restricting my opinions on Champs based on status quo.

Right, no such thing as a bad champ. Well let me know when you get done with your Labrynth run with Collosus
    That's not what I said at all. My point is that there are a great deal more that have uses than just the top 10-15%.
    zeezee57 said:

You don't have views, you just spew nonsense general statements and pretend you know something. Again, what champs are you using that you believe the consensus is wrong about? Share your alleged views with us and we can discuss the merits of them. Otherwise you've said your piece, at least a dozen times now, so move on. If you're entirely unwilling to elaborate on your generic general statements then why are you still talking? You haven't said anything new from your first post here to your last. Who isn't a bad champ, in your enlightened opinion, that is generally considered to be? Please share these views of yours or stop posting here.
    The generic statements are an attempt to bait people into posting comments that will get them banned by the moderators and/or detail a thread.

This isnt the first thread where he has attacked people for complaing about buildup of same awakening gems. Evidnetilly it's a subject he is very passionate about.