**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Infinite Refresh of CN region Negative Space Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192

Bugs and lag don't justify this behavior.

im not defending this behavior at all. what do you think im defending those players? this is not a black and white war between the players and kabam.

the fact that players should regulate themselves doesnt mean kabam can take a rest and not improve their description. like i said, im actually trying to help kabam in this case. if you want to minimize things like this happen in the future, dont create loopholes

You know, that's the part that bothers me the most. It's unfortunate that people try to work the system in any way they can conceive, but it happens. It's an unfortunate part of Gaming. However, if they get caught, then take responsibility. They tried, and it didn't fly. Quite simple. What really triggers me is when people blame it on the system. The system didn't make you look for an unfair advantage. It didn't lead you to assume you would get away with it. Everything about this suggests it's not within reasonable playing, and it's not a shock to know this is not cool. The nerve to play it off as their fault is what gets me. Just displays a lack of conscience with these things.

same thing can be said about people who used the 2015 rank-up gem. they knew it;s only meant for 2015 champs, they clearly knew what kabam intended for these gems to apply to, but you seemed to be okay with that?
    Drooped2 said:

webtswx said:

Hamin said:

webtswx said:

in this case, it might be obvious. however, that doesnt mean kabam shouldnt take a lesson from this to be more attentive to improve their description. unless you dont want kabam to improve? is that what you;re saying?

To be blunt, that's a stupid line of thought.

Kabam works to push new content monthly. Unless you're a time wizard, it's impossible to not have bugs and exploits within the game from time to time given the haste of updates.
    so you're saying you're okay with bugs being pushed every month? seems hypocritical for you to say that. hopefully, i dont see you complain about bugs or lags next time
    You ever written a full game code and updated monthly? That houses this much data? If your answer is no then you really have no grounds to even comment on code issues
    sorry to say, the argument 'If you have not experienced X, you are not allowed to have an opinion of X.' is a basic logical fallacy

- You have not experienced what it’s like to be a politician. So you are not allowed to have an opinion about them, or what they do.

- You have not experienced building a car. So you are not allowed to have an opinion about any of the companies who make them.

- You have not experienced running a school system. So you are not allowed to have an opinion about one.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    All you're doing is dancing around the issue with other things that have happened, and that equates to making excuses.

All you're doing is dancing around the issue with other things that have happened, and that equates to making excuses.

i thought that's what you always do. jumping into others' thread, dancing around the question, and sugarcoating the issue? seems familiar?
    edited April 2019

and you havent answered the question: are you okay with people using 2015 rank-up gem for non-2015 champs? you firmly said in the thread you are against anyone who exploit the system. so why was it different in that case? why didnt you call them out?
    Are you making a point with that which pertains to the Topic, or are you just creating Strawman Arguments to contradict me?
    If you have a point to make that has anything to do with this issue, then you know I've already responded about the Gems.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    There was an event in 2017, for those who remember, that awarded Masters EQ Exploration rewards to players per path of Completion.

Here was the announcement that Miike posted then.

My guess is it might be handled the same way.

Are you making a point with that which pertains to the Topic, or are you just creating Strawman Arguments to contradict me?
    If you have a point to make that has anything to do with this issue, then you know I've already responded about the Gems.

do you even understand what a strawman argument is?

my discussion in fact directly addresses this issue. In this thread, I offered the suggestion that on the one hand, yes, players should regulate themselves. however, we can;t control everyone's mind and behavior; like several others have mentioned, there will always be people who find ways to exploit. therefore, on the other hand, it is in kabam's best interest to minimize the flaws and improve the description, so that the next time someone breaks the rules, we have clear evidence. i think the arguments are pretty clear.

meanwhile, regarding your "firm" attitude against people who exploit, i dont buy it, because your response to people who exploited 2015 rank-up gem says otherwise.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    Rumors are some alliances are doing this event dozens of times a day and they're getting around the 8hr limitation by apparently kicking the member who initiated it and then starting another or just moving to a shell alliance and doing it there.

Kabam, please look into this matter because it's provides any teams doing this a significant advantage.
    webtswx said:

my discussion in fact directly addresses this issue. In this thread, I offered the suggestion that on the one hand, yes, players should regulate themselves. however, we can;t control everyone's mind and behavior; like several others have mentioned, there will always be people who find ways to exploit. therefore, on the other hand, it is in kabam's best interest to minimize the flaws and improve the description, so that the next time someone breaks the rules, we have clear evidence. i think the arguments are pretty clear.

meanwhile, regarding your "firm" attitude against people who exploit, i dont buy it, because your response to people who exploited 2015 rank-up gem says otherwise.
    I know exactly what a Strawman Argument is, and that's what you're trying to create. We're not here to discuss the Gem issue, or my stance on it. We're here to discuss THIS issue.
    Drooped2 said:

Lainua said:

Drooped2 said:

Lainua said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.
    They have taken action towards exploits in the past. As for what they do here, that's up to them. I do believe something needs to be done, yes. Providing they can identify and prove who is doing it, which shouldn't be a problem, considering how specific the behavior is. It's easy to discern people jumping from Ally to Ally, to milk Bounties.

Nothing against your opinion. But banning someone because your bad calculations is hilarious. You allow players to change alliance, to create alliances and to play unlimited bounty mission and now you want to ban them because they do exactly what is allowed to do? Nah it’s hilarious and Kabam will not do it. Players did nothing against the law.

And about taking back rewards, for ordinary players who had to spend dozen units to complete epic or master difficulty will Kabam compensate to them? How much will they compensate for ordinary players who happened to change alliance this month? I guess there were dozen of thousands players who have changed their alliances. Will Kabam track down them all and decide case by case what they should do for each account?

Kabam has created bad situation themselves and now if they punish players for their bad calculations, it’s totally unfair and power abusing.

Compensate for exploiting? Lol are you serious?
    Very serious. I talk about good intentions players who happened to change alliance during this month and played bounty mission a few more time. Because they are not strong enough they had to spend hundreds of units to complete higher difficulty. If you take back their rewards, you definitely have to compensate to them.

Or you want to take their hard earned money for free.

Why would anyone pay hundreds of units on 4 energy or 2 fights. You can practice that endlessly free. Sorry but compensation for that is ridiculous
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

They have taken action towards exploits in the past. As for what they do here, that's up to them. I do believe something needs to be done, yes. Providing they can identify and prove who is doing it, which shouldn't be a problem, considering how specific the behavior is. It's easy to discern people jumping from Ally to Ally, to milk Bounties.

Nothing against your opinion. But banning someone because your bad calculations is hilarious. You allow players to change alliance, to create alliances and to play unlimited bounty mission and now you want to ban them because they do exactly what is allowed to do? Nah it’s hilarious and Kabam will not do it. Players did nothing against the law.

And about taking back rewards, for ordinary players who had to spend dozen units to complete epic or master difficulty will Kabam compensate to them? How much will they compensate for ordinary players who happened to change alliance this month? I guess there were dozen of thousands players who have changed their alliances. Will Kabam track down them all and decide case by case what they should do for each account?

Kabam has created bad situation themselves and now if they punish players for their bad calculations, it’s totally unfair and power abusing.

Very serious. I talk about good intentions players who happened to change alliance during this month and played bounty mission a few more time. Because they are not strong enough they had to spend hundreds of units to complete higher difficulty. If you take back their rewards, you definitely have to compensate to them.

Why would anyone pay hundreds of units on 4 energy or 2 fights. You can practice that endlessly free. Sorry but compensation for that is ridiculous
    Because their roster is weak, they are not skilled enough and they are stupid? Whatever, they pay real money to beat content and consider this to make a move.
    Stupidity isnt a reason to compensate
    Ok, so how about “taking customer hard earned money for free” is good reason enough?

You know, it’s good case for lawyers.
    You find my a single case where the court sided with giving back what was used in the act of a crime .

Sorry but you shouldnt ever be compensated for what you used while violating the tos
    Strangely enough, there's probably a case somewhere in History where Robbers tried to sue their Victims for the price of the tools they used. Hahaha.
    Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

There was an event in 2017, for those who remember, that awarded Masters EQ Exploration rewards to players per path of Completion.

Here was the announcement that Miike posted then.

My guess is it might be handled the same way.

First of all where do you live that's its 8pm? Second charge your phone man damn

But for the important part I agree that's likely how this plays out
    Haha. It's a screen grab from that time that I found on Reddit by searching "Kabam mcoc masters reward exploit". Not my phone =)
    Oops..didn't see this..sorry to the mods who had to merge my thread..
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Lainua said:

Drooped2 said:

Lainua said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Because their roster is weak, they are not skilled enough and they are stupid? Whatever, they pay real money to beat content and consider this to make a move.
    Stupidity isnt a reason to compensate
    Ok, so how about “taking customer hard earned money for free” is good reason enough?

You know, it’s good case for lawyers.
    You find my a single case where the court sided with giving back what was used in the act of a crime .

Sorry but you shouldnt ever be compensated for what you used while violating the tos
    Strangely enough, there's probably a case somewhere in History where Robbers tried to sue their Victims for the price of the tools they used. Hahaha.
    I got taken to court for assault with a deadly weapon when a dude broke into my house and I hit him the the spine with a golf club.

Case was easily dismissed and he is a cripple for life. .
    That'll learn ya.

webtswx said:

I know exactly what a Strawman Argument is, and that's what you're trying to create. We're not here to discuss the Gem issue, or my stance on it. We're here to discuss THIS issue.
    i have clearly offered my discussion on this particular issue, and how kabam should solve it. and didn't you just quote the paragraph where i offered my stance on THIS issue? how much more clear do i need to be here?

in addition, the 2015 rank-up exploitation was used as a precedent and analogy, so it is relevant. unfortunately, it just also happened to show that you're hypocrite, because in no way you are firm against game exploitation.

lastly, this is also a good lesson for you. i hope you stick to your own words. when you jump into other people's thread next time, MAKE SURE you are not trying to create strawman arguments by diverting any issues
    webtswx said:

webtswx said:

i have clearly offered my discussion on this particular issue, and how kabam should solve it. and didn't you just quote the paragraph where i offered my stance on THIS issue? how much more clear do i need to be here?

in addition, the 2015 rank-up exploitation was used as a precedent and analogy, so it is relevant. unfortunately, it just also happened to show that you're hypocrite, because in no way you are firm against game exploitation.

lastly, this is also a good lesson for you. i hope you stick to your own words. when you jump into other people's thread next time, MAKE SURE you are not trying to create strawman arguments by diverting any issues
    This Thread is NOT ABOUT ME, or the Gem issue, for which I already gave my thoughts on, pages back. You are 100% creating a Strawman Argument towards my views on this subject, and your persistence is really proving that all you're trying to do is make this conversation about me.
    webtswx said:

webtswx said:

Not defending Kabam here.

The 2015 Rank Up gem issue for Variant #1 was badly handled IMO. Although it affected a small group of end-end game players who could 100% Variant in 1-2 days, the overall perception given is that punishment dealt is selectively dependant on who infringes them.

However, from another point of view, R4 gems are, in essence, T2A, which players who could 100% Variant in 1-2 days have generally no big issue acquiring. So it is a big deal to us, but from a macro game balance perspective, it isn't to Kabam (or at least that's what is implied by not reversing the rank ups).

Recall the 2.5/6k T5C rank up package that was sold a couple of months back, where the outflow of T5C was accidentally given, because it was end-end game resource, items were clawed back. Similarly, because T5B and 6* shards available in bounties are end game resources currently, there is a pretty high chance that whoever participated in the exploit will have the rewards clawed back.

webtswx said:

webtswx said:

This Thread is NOT ABOUT ME, or the Gem issue, for which I already gave my thoughts on, pages back. You are 100% creating a Strawman Argument towards my views on this subject, and your persistence is really proving that all you're trying to do is make this conversation about me.
    how so? shoudn't the same thing apply to you? you're persistently replying to me, implying that im creating strawman arguments when im clearly not. arent you diverting the issue yourself?

you also selectively ignored that my statement on this issue . let me repeat it for you

In this thread, I offered the suggestion that on the one hand, yes, players should regulate themselves. however, we can;t control everyone's mind and behavior; like several others have mentioned, there will always be people who find ways to exploit. therefore, on the other hand, it is in kabam's best interest to minimize the flaws and improve the description, so that the next time someone breaks the rules, we have clear evidence of them doing so.
    Hope this gets patched and all the rewards earned from this exploit reversed and bans handed out (temporary or otherwise). Being able to farm these rewards was not the intention of the developers and it goes against the spirit of the contest. This is exploit can create a giant imbalance and should be a top priority.
  • Absence of Legal Prohibition Means Freedom.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    There is a timer in the crystals to purchase to start the quest. You can’t do it unlimited times. If your alliance does the quest. You leave and try to start one. The timer stops you
This discussion has been closed.