**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone have any potential ideas how to rework Pure Skill?

Since the Dev team seems to have had difficulty the last 2 years to come up with a decent rework for Pure Skill, maybe they should take some advice from the community on how to fix it. If you have an idea for a modest rework, lay it down right here!

Comments

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    I’d like to see it stay how it is up to level 3 (I.e. no armor for crits), but then level 4 stacks a passive cruelty buff for each crit by .5%. Level 5 would be 1%. When you lose a combo the stacks fall off. Not sure how this would actually stack at these numbers.

In essence, keeping a combo with a Skill champ at Level 5 would have ever increasing Crit Damage so each Crit you do does more damage than the last.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    One thing that inadvertently came to mind long ago when we were discussing it was increasing Crit. Actually, it came to mind because I didn't fully understand that the mechanic operated through Armor. In any event, when I think of the Skill Class, I think of physical combat. They could switch the mechanic to increase Crit on all Physical Attacks, obviously in a way that is scaled and not entirely OP. Then it would be possible to allow people to test and decide if they want to keep it or not, in the same manner as other Mastery changes.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Since the Dev team seems to have had difficulty the last 2 years to come up with a decent rework for Pure Skill, maybe they should take some advice from the community on how to fix it. If you have an idea for a modest rework, lay it down right here!

There are lots of different ideas that have come up during past discussions, many of them broadly change how Pure Skill works. What I would suggest would depend on whether changing it entirely is on the table, but assuming this is not on the table I think I would probably add block penetration to Pure Skill and call it a day. You could keep the armor penetration which would still sometimes do something at extremely high armor stacks, but separate from that PS would confer a small amount of block penetration. Maybe 1/2/4/8/12 or something like that. I would need to think about the numbers more before making a specific recommendation there.
  • KRONOSDOUBLEKRONOSDOUBLE Posts: 548 ★★
    @Cliffordcan @GroundedWisdom @DNA3000 Good ideas! I personally think it should stay the same, but instead of focusing on solely on critical hits ignoring armor, I think it should be expanded to critical hits ignoring armor AND resistances. This would give it a modest buff that would allow it be useful against nodes with high resistances and/or armor ratings.
    Keep posting ideas for Pure Skill! Dev team needs some assistance here!!!
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Just give me my resources back and they can continue to do nothing. It's been over 2 years now since it's worked. With all the other issues they've created with the past to updates they clearly aren't capable of fixing PS. I WANT MY RESOURCES BACK!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Add an “Internal Damage” that triggers per crit since you know... pure skill.. Bruce lee..

Anyway, it could be a passive damage that scales up in % per point in pure skill.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    would it be a great issue just to be something simple like a small % increase to base attack for skill champs?

ie 5%, 10%, 15% ... etc?
    (if it seems "too much", just adjust the numbers of course ... ) .

maybe boring, but seems to fit the description well enough .. *shrug*
    dot_ditto said:

would it be a great issue just to be something simple like a small % increase to base attack for skill champs?

ie 5%, 10%, 15% ... etc?
    (if it seems "too much", just adjust the numbers of course ... ) .

maybe boring, but seems to fit the description well enough .. *shrug*

That's a good idea. Perhaps like a % increase per hit on the combo meter. The higher the combo, the higher the increase?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

@Cliffordcan @GroundedWisdom @DNA3000 Good ideas! I personally think it should stay the same, but instead of focusing on solely on critical hits ignoring armor, I think it should be expanded to critical hits ignoring armor AND resistances. This would give it a modest buff that would allow it be useful against nodes with high resistances and/or armor ratings.

Are you sure it doesn't do that now?

I haven't done extensive testing on this recently, but I do know that when they introduced flat stats back in 12.0, they also did some interesting things to armor and resistances. It took a few iterations that were not documented, but the bottom line is that resistances are, or at least were, armor modifiers. In other words, Armor + Physical Resistance is basically your "armor rating" for physical damage, and Armor + Energy Resistance is basically your "armor rating" for energy damage. Since Pure Skill "ignores" armor by percentage value and not by flat stat value Pure Skill has to work on armor after it is converted to a percentage. But my understanding is that resistance values are factored in when that's done, so there's no way to ignore any percent of armor but not ignore resistances.
    edited April 2019
    I really feel that with the current situation, it's probably better to completely rework the Mastery, whether by my suggestion or not. However, easier said than done, so that would take some effort and testing.
    *Don't know why I used the word impetus there. I need sleep. Lol.
    @GroundedWisdom they have had two years to attempt a fix to Pure Skill, so I think they could definitely use some community based suggestions to help them out
    edited April 2019
    Well, we can always give them ideas, sure. It also depends on when they sit down to put pen to paper. I suspect they've been doing other things as well, not working on it for 2 years constantly.

Well, we can always give them ideas, sure. It also depends on when they sit down to put pen to paper. I suspect they've been doing other things as well, not working on it for 2 years constantly.

@GroundedWisdom Im sure that they have not been focusing on it. To be honest, I feel like they said "screw it" and just stopped working on it. There is absolutely no reason it should take over 2 years to get an answer from the dev team on an actual issue that hasn't been resolved yet
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Posts: 173
    edited May 2019

@GroundedWisdom Im sure that they have not been focusing on it. To be honest, I feel like they said "screw it" and just stopped working on it. There is absolutely no reason it should take over 2 years to get an answer from the dev team on an actual issue that hasn't been resolved yet
    @KRONOSDOUBLE, This is precisely how it makes us feel and it gets exacerbated when threads are closed, but we apparently have to stay on the chipper side of the conversation and I commend this discussion for doing so.

I still think levels 3 and 4 should be refunded and locked out since it needs "completely reworked". But in the absence of that, lock those levels out to prevent the uninformed from wasting their resources.

Skill champs have evolved so much since the mastery was created, that surely some related mechanic can be amplified through the mastery. In this debuff intense field, why not consider something that shrugs off a debuff and converts it to critical damage increase.