**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

First 5-star crystal...advice needed...

So, I have my first 5-star hero crystal (finally) - should I use it on the Featured 5-Stars (Thing, Havok, Mr. Sinister, etc.) or just the generic 5-Star categories. Advice welcome.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    Well imo unless you really want one of the featured I'd say go for basic and be halfway to another one. However if you really want one from the featured pool, go for it. It's a risk however.
  • SkubalonSkubalon Posts: 23
    This is helpful. I'm 1/4 through Act 4 so I'm trying to gear up for the long run & the Maestro. Would be good to have a strong 5-star going into Ch's 3 & 4.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    Well all the features champs atm would help you greatly in act 4 n beyond
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    I would go basic. First, because if it's your first, you need to start getting champs. Secondly, the pool isn't great in the featured 5*. There are a lot of champs who won't help you. Obviously that's true of the basic as well, but it's not as painful when it costs you 10k instead of 15k shards.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Thing is in the basic now I think so go for basic
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 592 ★★
    Skubalon said:

Deal is done. 5* Masacre. Here we go.

nice pull from basic !!!
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    Go for Basic.
    You’ll probably be disappointed anyways since we have 120+ champs now.

But until you have a big enough roster to face some challenges don’t spend unnecessary extra shards on specific champs.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    100% go basic. If it’s your first 5* champ there are so many champ in the basic crystals that will help you instantly. The odds of getting something useful are far greater in the basic for you.

Also for 4 you don’t need 5*. It can be help I guess but not needed. Having a 5* at all before I finished Act IV wasn’t even a thought when I did it.

If you have r4 or r5 4* you should be able to clear
  • Ctleath_013Ctleath_013 Posts: 416 ★★
    Terra said:

Well imo unless you really want one of the featured I'd say go for basic and be halfway to another one. However if you really want one from the featured pool, go for it. It's a risk however.

I would say exactly what he said. But in the end it’s your account and your choices.

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Guys he already went basic. He got Masacre.

OP, that’s a really good pull, especially for your first. If you ever get a Domino, you are golden
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Massacre is a really good pull especially for act 4...he requires aggressive play to get the most out of him and no sp3 in act 4 is the perfect place to help u get familiar with his gameplay
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Skubalon said:

This is helpful. I'm 1/4 through Act 4 so I'm trying to gear up for the long run & the Maestro. Would be good to have a strong 5-star going into Ch's 3 & 4.

Congrats on the massacre 👍😎, but you don’t need a strong 5* for act 4.
    4* 3/30’s are what most players used for act 4.
  • SkubalonSkubalon Posts: 23
    Timone147 said:

If you have r4 or r5 4* you should be able to clear

Ok, so for the sake of discussion here's my core Act 4 lineup:

r4 4* Iron Fist (unawakened)
    r4 4* Stark Spidey (unawakened)
    r2 4* Heimdall (unawakened; basically for the synergy)

After that, I pull from the following:

r4/40 3* Archangel (max sig)
    r4/40 3* Void (awakened
    r4 3* Masacre (awakened)
    r4/40 3* Vision (Ultron, max sig)
    r4/40 3* Medusa (awakened)

Also in the fold are r3 4* She Hulk and r3 4* Black Bolt.

I'm still working on upgrades, but these are the players. Any other suggestions?