**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enough with the Thanos boss complaints!

Comments

• SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I’ll take this month’s rewards over many in recent memory. Maybe that’s just me. It could be. But.... If they wanna pump up the difficulty and give me a bunch of extra stuff, then I’m game. I’m loving it.

• AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    Drooped2 said:

cradleman said:

I'd have beat him by now if there wasn't stupid safeguard in all three phases. Can't do any damage last phase cause of it. And first phase lasts way too long. Submitted a ticket and posts in the bugs section of the forum and silence

You'd have beat him if they changed him to suit you?
    Everyone had safegaurd its not a bug it's an ability
    phase 3 isn't meant to have the same safeguard as phase 2 (bugged as acknowledged by kabam mods). so why don't you check before you speak
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Karnage said:

The issue, for you idiots who can't seem to understand, is that people who complete UC EQ every month with no resources used, are now struggling way more and are having to use units, potions and revives to complete something that they should be able to complete easily, and not only that, but despite the increased level of difficulty, we get the same rewards? In fact, even less rewards since we're missing a bunch of gold and potential items from 3.2 since there are no other enemies to fight.
    People sat there like 'you should be grateful for the chance to fight a much, much harder boss and get less rewards overall than you normally would for completing UC EQ'...
    Go find your 'git gud' crew, you aint wanted here...

The issue is that you want to steamroll all content. I don't need to use items to 100% uncollected. I did on the first Thanos boss fight we had because I beat him the first day. Had a lot of stash items at the time though. This one I have fought 6 or 7 times and got him down to 30% or so but haven't used any items yet. I want to try to beat him without any. You say you should be able to beat the hardest level easily? LMAO. Sounds like a recipe for a boring game. Go find your complaint crew, you ain't wanted here.
  • KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★

Karnage said:

The issue, for you idiots who can't seem to understand, is that people who complete UC EQ every month with no resources used, are now struggling way more and are having to use units, potions and revives to complete something that they should be able to complete easily, and not only that, but despite the increased level of difficulty, we get the same rewards? In fact, even less rewards since we're missing a bunch of gold and potential items from 3.2 since there are no other enemies to fight.
    People sat there like 'you should be grateful for the chance to fight a much, much harder boss and get less rewards overall than you normally would for completing UC EQ'...

Actually, you don’t need any units, potions, or revives, as they give you a month and a half to try as many times as you like for a fraction of an energy refill per attempt.

I’m one of those people that complete UC EQ every month, and I’m no idiot.

An idiot might be a person who feels they need to spend all these resources to complete it in the first couple days despite having 40 days left in the EQ to try.

Fewer rewards? Curiously, you fail to acknowledge all the rewards we get from the other event this month, which is quite simple.
    @KinkyWizard1 ah yes, that makes perfect sense because the fight get easier every time you do it... Are you sure you're not an idiot? Its still the same difficulty, now, or in 40 days time, it's not going to change...
    UC EQ is currently the hardest one we have ever seen, and for less rewards than we've ever got.
    The side event is trash, I've opened 2 of those 10k crystals and got 10k gold from each. Compared to the Intel event where I could buy a 5* awakening gem, now I just get a 0.1% chance at one. And while UC rewards are the same, what about all the gold and items you pick up normally from 3.2 exploration? So essentially, our prize for dealing with a much harder EQ, is to get less rewards than we normally do?
    Karnage said:

"I've done it so everybody else can do it, and they have no right to complain" is that really the argument you want to go on with?

they always go with this comment and never understands that different players have different devices and most of the players are facing bugs and issues in game that doesn't make this eq any easy like it is for these trolls
    Karnage said:

Karnage said:

Actually, you don’t need any units, potions, or revives, as they give you a month and a half to try as many times as you like for a fraction of an energy refill per attempt.

An idiot might be a person who feels they need to spend all these resources to complete it in the first couple days despite having 40 days left in the EQ to try.

Fewer rewards? Curiously, you fail to acknowledge all the rewards we get from the other event this month, which is quite simple.
    @KinkyWizard1 ah yes, that makes perfect sense because the fight get easier every time you do it... Are you sure you're not an idiot? Its still the same difficulty, now, or in 40 days time, it's not going to change...
    UC EQ is currently the hardest one we have ever seen, and for less rewards than we've ever got.
    The side event is trash, I've opened 2 of those 10k crystals and got 10k gold from each. Compared to the Intel event where I could buy a 5* awakening gem, now I just get a 0.1% chance at one. And while UC rewards are the same, what about all the gold and items you pick up normally from 3.2 exploration? So essentially, our prize for dealing with a much harder EQ, is to get less rewards than we normally do?
    Um... how does it not get easier each time you do it? Ever heard of practice? For a guy throwing the idiot word around you seem to have cornered the market... There are no paths. It's one fight you can practice. It's uncollected/epic level. Sorry if you think it should be done easily.
    Karnage said:

Karnage said:

I can’t tell if you are joking. Anyway... Yes, (surprisingly it would seem) goals you attempt to achieve in life get easier the more time you spend working towards mastering them. Perhaps you’ve never taken the time to improve at anything. If you want to call me an idiot, then you go right ahead.

I spent a few hours practicing, and some energy refills, and now I’m done. I guess that just is what it is.

I’ve posted numerous screenshots showing that my rewards this month have been far better than my last month. It’s a fact. For me anyway.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

rwhack said:

It’s not just that he’s difficult. The rewards don’t reflect the added difficulty.

It’s a basic concept. If something is harder and in this case more expensive having the same rewards as last month is kinda stupid.

I always see this arguement.
    But when months are easier the rewards dont reflect the reduced difficulty. Which if harder gets an increase easier should get a decrease
    I believe you are not comparing apples to apples here. First of all, when Uncollected content is said to be "easier" what it really means is that it's doable by the vast majority of players who are Uncollected. The rewards for "more doable" content is sufficient for the difficulty it was intended for. But when content becomes significantly more difficult like the content this month then it makes sense for the rewards to scale to justify that difficulty increase.

Granting, you are probably part of the .001% of the MCOC population that somehow is able to just blow through content with ease after a few tries. Good for you and happy for you. But the vast majority don't really play to the level of technicality to be mindful of every second that counts so you can intercept and apply an armor break. Sure, we have 40 days to practice. Maybe in 3 weeks most of us will get better. But it doesn't change the fact that the content is way harder than the usual. Thus recommending rewards that scale towards that difficulty is not only appropriate, but is the morally right thing for the game developers team to consider.

Finally, I've seen a bunch of posts suggesting a new tier called Cavalry altogether. This makes the most sense because the Uncollected Thanos is clearly more difficult than any of the bosses in Act 6.1, maybe more difficult than the final boss Sentinel and certainly more difficult than Collector and Ultron in Act 5.4 and 5.2 respectively.

Karnage said:

The issue is that you want to steamroll all content. I don't need to use items to 100% uncollected. I did on the first Thanos boss fight we had because I beat him the first day. Had a lot of stash items at the time though. This one I have fought 6 or 7 times and got him down to 30% or so but haven't used any items yet. I want to try to beat him without any. You say you should be able to beat the hardest level easily? LMAO. Sounds like a recipe for a boring game. Go find your complaint crew, you ain't wanted here.
    @LeNoirFaineant spinning my words to try and make you bullspit rationale fit? It should be the same level of difficulty as every other level of UC EQ. I'm not talking about making it beginner mode you absolute weapon. I'm talking about keeping it on par with every other event.
    UC isnt the hardest level, it hasn't been for a while. There's plenty of content that's way harder than UC EQ, like variant 1, variant 2, LOL, etc, especially with act 6 and Cavalier.
    I've long since fully explored Act 5, already completed Act 6 and most other content in game, I should not be struggling with a basic UC EQ, it's a joke, I've not spent a thing on completing UC EQ in over 6 months. If they wanted to move the level of difficulty up they should of increased the rewards to match or created Cavalier difficulty on top of uncollected.
    Wow I give up, yes, I'll agree with you just to shut you up, repeatedly going through it makes it easier. Don't worry about failing 100 times guys, every time you do it thanos gets easier to beat. These guys know it all and for every time you go through 3.2 Thanos will be a bit easier to beat, in fact don't even bother trying to beat him the first 50-100 times, just go in and die, and youll instantly be much closer to beating him, because obviously the difficulty of the quest reduces every time you enter it, thats a well known fact....
  • NanosamaNanosama Posts: 53
    Karnage said:

Karnage said:

Yes it gets easier, because with practice comes a better understanding of the mechanics of this boss.

My first tries were rubbish and very frustrating, but after 20+ tries I got to 30% hp with only a 40% single revive. I used 4 more for the last 30%. So that makes “only” 200 units. And I’m no godlike player 😉
    R.I.P all those people who beat 5.2 this month and thought they are ready for uc eq that they worked so hard to unlock.
  • Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 892 ★★★★
    Human_Iceberg2, I understand what you are saying as if people watch video guides first and practise on him, then go back in, they should save a lot of revives. But that is not where the problem lies for many players. The main issue is that they get him down to the 30% phase and then try and intercept him, but cannot do so easily because of the lag, which means Thanos can intercept your intercept, with a light attack. So people think to themselves, let me just try again and use a team revive, but they get screwed over by these bugs again. And then they have a dilemma. Do they exit out and waste the revive(s) they have already spent, or just continue and hope the lag is not too bad. Many players choose the 2nd option, myself included as to get to 18% was easy, but I spent so many revives to get down to 12% and I'm now out of revives. Of course some of these were down to skill, but the main issue was the gameplay. So, to conclude, obviously some people dive in headfirst with no idea how to fight him and then complain when they have not prepared properly, but the main bulk of the community do try and practise and get better, but are thwarted by bugs, which Kabam are currently trying to address (on both android and ios).
    raffster said:

Drooped2 said:

rwhack said:

It’s not just that he’s difficult. The rewards don’t reflect the added difficulty.

It’s a basic concept. If something is harder and in this case more expensive having the same rewards as last month is kinda stupid.

I always see this arguement.
    But when months are easier the rewards dont reflect the reduced difficulty. Which if harder gets an increase easier should get a decrease
    I believe you are not comparing apples to apples here. First of all, when Uncollected content is said to be "easier" what it really means is that it's doable by the vast majority of players who are Uncollected. The rewards for "more doable" content is sufficient for the difficulty it was intended for. But when content becomes significantly more difficult like the content this month then it makes sense for the rewards to scale to justify that difficulty increase.

Granting, you are probably part of the .001% of the MCOC population that somehow is able to just blow through content with ease after a few tries. Good for you and happy for you. But the vast majority don't really play to the level of technicality to be mindful of every second that counts so you can intercept and apply an armor break. Sure, we have 40 days to practice. Maybe in 3 weeks most of us will get better. But it doesn't change the fact that the content is way harder than the usual. Thus recommending rewards that scale towards that difficulty is not only appropriate, but is the morally right thing for the game developers team to consider.

Finally, I've seen a bunch of posts suggesting a new tier called Cavalry altogether. This makes the most sense because the Uncollected Thanos is clearly more difficult than any of the bosses in Act 6.1, maybe more difficult than the final boss Sentinel and certainly more difficult than Collector and Ultron in Act 5.4 and 5.2 respectively.

I think he’s the hardest boss ever, but if Kabam said “you may not be able to beat him, but you can open up to 30 of these crystals with some side quests, and get some T4Bs and a bunch of dungeon shards as well” every month, then I would take it every month.

Hey, this is just one idiot’s opinion though.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Karnage said:

Karnage said:

@LeNoirFaineant spinning my words to try and make you bullspit rationale fit? It should be the same level of difficulty as every other level of UC EQ. I'm not talking about making it beginner mode you absolute weapon. I'm talking about keeping it on par with every other event.
    UC isnt the hardest level, it hasn't been for a while. There's plenty of content that's way harder than UC EQ, like variant 1, variant 2, LOL, etc, especially with act 6 and Cavalier.
    I've long since fully explored Act 5, already completed Act 6 and most other content in game, I should not be struggling with a basic UC EQ, it's a joke, I've not spent a thing on completing UC EQ in over 6 months. If they wanted to move the level of difficulty up they should of increased the rewards to match or created Cavalier difficulty on top of uncollected.
    I totally agree here @Karnage

Such difficulty increase in the final boss makes it sound logical to have added a higher tier for players looking for that kind of challenge. Increasing the rewards was the least the Kabam team could have done to justify that increased difficulty.
    @raffster just ignore them bud, clearly they know everything about everything and people who aren't on their level are just sub-humans and are totally irrelevant. I've been playing for 3 years and never had an issue getting completion let alone exploration of UC EQ before, this one is just a joke, it's not even a slight increase in difficulty, this is one of the hardest fights in MCOC to date, and it's not in Variant, or act 6, or LOL, it's in UC EQ, and for less rewards than we usually get...
    Karnage said:

Karnage said:

I never said it was the most difficult level of all game content. It's the most difficult level of EQ which has always fluctuated. I never said anything about beginner mode you absolute weapon. You are the one who said it should be able to be defeated easily. Who says the difficulty should always be the same? The first infinity war Thanos was similar. We have had harder and easier uncollected EQs from the beginning. Listen to yourself. "I should not be struggling with a basic UC EQ" everyone that likes this fight must be an idiot because you are struggling in the first week it's released. Get over yourself. Quit calling people idiots. Practice the fight and play the game.
    @Drooped2 I'm not talking about practice, how can you practice against random bugs and glitches. How can you practice when you straight up don't have the champs to deal with it. How can you practice when you die as soon as you get sneezed at.
    Sick of all the brown moses on this forum, kabam can do no wrong in your eyes clearly
    @KinkyWizard1 And ohhh, yes, how could I forget those side rewards, those 10k gold stacks have gotten me so much progression! Couple more stacks and I'll have every bit of content in the game done, such overpowered rewards!!!!
    edited April 2019
    Karnage said:

@KinkyWizard1 And ohhh, yes, how could I forget those side rewards, those 10k gold stacks have gotten me so much progression! Couple more stacks and I'll have every bit of content in the game done, such overpowered rewards!!!!

Mine have worked out. I even pulled a couple of those crappy gold ones too. Then again, I’ve opened 14 now.
    Karnage said:

@Karnage those are your solution to the gold problems lol😂😂
    Karnage said:

@raffster just ignore them bud, clearly they know everything about everything and people who aren't on their level are just sub-humans and are totally irrelevant. I've been playing for 3 years and never had an issue getting completion let alone exploration of UC EQ before, this one is just a joke, it's not even a slight increase in difficulty, this is one of the hardest fights in MCOC to date, and it's not in Variant, or act 6, or LOL, it's in UC EQ, and for less rewards than we usually get...

No issues with completion, let alone exploration? You might want to rethink that. You are the one calling people idiots. No one else is insulting anyone despite your "sub-human" rant. Also, you had no issues with the previous infinity war Thanos? You had no issues with any other uncollected? I find that very hard to believe.
    Akhilxcx said:

R.I.P all those people who beat 5.2 this month and thought they are ready for uc eq that they worked so hard to unlock.

Generally people who just beat the collector are not ready for uncollected. This has always been the case.
    Karnage said:

@Drooped2 I'm not talking about practice, how can you practice against random bugs and glitches. How can you practice when you straight up don't have the champs to deal with it. How can you practice when you die as soon as you get sneezed at.
    Sick of all the brown moses on this forum, kabam can do no wrong in your eyes clearly

Lmao this is such a tired response. @Drooped2 and others are plenty critical of Kabam when they deserve it. This just isn't one of those times. Very easy to play the Kabam Shill card though

Akhilxcx said:

Generally people who just beat the collector are not ready for uncollected. This has always been the case.
    then why unlock uncollected for them. f logic. also when has that been stated by kabam that beating 5.2 still doesn't mean you are ready for uncollected eq
This discussion has been closed.