**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Crit Me With Your Best Shot

Something needs to be done about the “Crit Me With Your Best Shot” description. It states “the defender takes 100% less damage from hits that are not critical.” It doesn’t state that they don’t take damage at all, yet the champs don’t take DoT? Seems like either a bug, or Kabam screwed up the description and made it misleading.

Took a team with the Sabretooth trinity in, and the Red Skull didn’t take any bleed damage from Sabretooth or Killmonger and didn’t take any degen or death spore damage from Omega Red. I also had Blade on the team and wouldn’t you know it, he couldn’t bleed the Red skull either.

Comments

• EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    I was surprised when i first took killmonger for that node, critical hits bleed but the bleed does nothing! That node should be fixed
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    DoT like Omega Red's death spores isn't done through a critical hit. I suppose an argument can be made that they aren't hits at all, but 100% less amaye if not a critical hit, to me, means 0 if it's not a critical hit. While the description could perhaps be a bit more clear, it seemed pretty clear to me going into those nodes that you needed to land critical hits to do any damage. The intention even comes through with the name.

The node is obviously designed forncrit-heavy champs. Just imagine the nightmare they may bring out in the future with Ebony Maw on that node since he causes all guaranteed crit hits to miss.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

DoT like Omega Red's death spores isn't done through a critical hit. I suppose an argument can be made that they aren't hits at all, but 100% less amaye if not a critical hit, to me, means 0 if it's not a critical hit. While the description could perhaps be a bit more clear, it seemed pretty clear to me going into those nodes that you needed to land critical hits to do any damage. The intention even comes through with the name.

The node is obviously designed forncrit-heavy champs. Just imagine the nightmare they may bring out in the future with Ebony Maw on that node since he causes all guaranteed crit hits to miss.

Crit heavy but not crit guaranteed champs like spark and domino will still work fine
  • GamerMalidosGamerMalidos Posts: 37

My problem is that it explicitly states that they take less damage from non critical hits, not that you need to crit to cause damage. I’m my mind that leaves he door open for DoT to deal damage. Main reason I posted is because Red Skull reduces crit rating with his armor buffs, and I don’t have a viable armor break champ or Corvus, so the fact that DoT doesn’t work absolutely kills me.
  • I'm guessing you guys never did map 7
  • InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    To be very honest, I understood it as only critical hits do damage. "The defender takes 100% less damage from hits that are not critical" translates to me as only critical hits do damage. 100% less = 0 damage. That's just me though.

I will agree with the second part, that they should fix it to clarify regarding damage over time, like bleed & whatnot. But the whole hits part, seems pretty obvious to me.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    This sounds like an important distinction.

I've not faced this node yet, as haven't gone that far through UC EQ - does it only affect hits? What about damage inflicted without hits?

There are a group of very versatile champions who can deal damage without contact, or defensively - Quake, Void, Blade, Nebula, Havok... Does this node make their special ways of causing damage useless?
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    edited April 2019

This sounds like an important distinction.

I've not faced this node yet, as haven't gone that far through UC EQ - does it only affect hits? What about damage inflicted without hits?

There are a group of very versatile champions who can deal damage without contact, or defensively - Quake, Void, Blade, Nebula, Havok... Does this node make their special ways of causing damage useless?

Only crit hits work.
    They take no damage at all from anything other than a crit hit and also red skull reduces crits with his armour so you need to deal with that too
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 323 ★★
    I also was taken by surprise with this node.. it was very annoying. I brought venom anyways so redskull wasn't as much as an issue for me but I could see where that would be very frustrating
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    My only "problem" is, that Killmonger's crit resistance actually reduces chance of crit hit occuring rather than reducing the incoming damage from hits, that are critical themselves. As far as I'm concerned, none of Killmonger's abilities do not affect crit chance, but when I tried him with Starkey, I struck him 12x without a crit.
  • supergokusupergoku Posts: 41
    guys its on map 7.. the cure for this node is corvus glaive
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    100% of any damage say X is X. So X-X=0.
    The description is correct.
    They don't take any damage is another way of describing it.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I can't say about the DoT. It may be a bug.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

My problem is that it explicitly states that they take less damage from non critical hits, not that you need to crit to cause damage. I’m my mind that leaves he door open for DoT to deal damage. Main reason I posted is because Red Skull reduces crit rating with his armor buffs, and I don’t have a viable armor break champ or Corvus, so the fact that DoT doesn’t work absolutely kills me.
    it litterally says you have to crit to do damage, 100% less damage from non crits means 0 damage from non crits.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Lormif said:

it litterally says you have to crit to do damage, 100% less damage from non crits means 0 damage from non crits.
    No, it does not state that. It states that the only hits that deal damage are crits, but the wording refers only to damage caused by hits, and as worded, should not affect any secondary effect that is not damage-dependent (Domino's Incinerate from Rulk synergy, for example). That is the issue, either poor wording, or bugged interactions.
  • webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192
    supergoku said:

yes, we run map 7, and the champs with this node are usually war machine and emma frost, so corvus slaughters them easily, but only for NOW.

I say this because you will never know if kabam is going to put ebony maw or mr. sinister on this node in the future.

also it seems that this would very likely appear in the new AW map (i tested this when the beta came out last month)

Amonthir said:

Lormif said:

No, it does not state that. It states that the only hits that deal damage are crits, but the wording refers only to damage caused by hits, and as worded, should not affect any secondary effect that is not damage-dependent (Domino's Incinerate from Rulk synergy, for example). That is the issue, either poor wording, or bugged interactions.
    Those are all damage, it says you dont take damage from non crits. It means you can use dominos bleed effect because it can crit, but you cannot use other effect that do not. You are ignoring what the effect says.
    Lormif said:

webtswx said:

supergoku said:

yes, we run map 7, and the champs with this node are usually war machine and emma frost, so corvus slaughters them easily, but only for NOW.

I say this because you will never know if kabam is going to put ebony maw or mr. sinister on this node in the future.

also it seems that this would very likely appear in the new AW map (i tested this when the beta came out last month)

I can pretty much guarantee you they would not intentionally make a node that would make a node impossible.
    how about the players themselves? if this is going to be a node in the new AW map, is there a rule that forbids us to place Ebony Maw or Mr. Sinister on this node?
    edited April 2019
    webtswx said:

Lormif said:

webtswx said:

supergoku said:

I can pretty much guarantee you they would not intentionally make a node that would make a node impossible.
    how about the players themselves? if this is going to be a node in the new AW map, is there a rule that forbids us to place Ebony Maw or Mr. Sinister on this node?
    Do we know if this will be in AW or are you just throwing out random what if hoping they stick? Also EM would not be an issue here unless you brought a guaranteed critter
    Lormif said:

webtswx said:

Lormif said:

webtswx said:

supergoku said:

Do we know if this will be in AW or are you just throwing out random what if hoping they stick?
    were you not included in the AW beta test last time? oh sorry
    Lormif said:

Amonthir said:

Lormif said:

Those are all damage, it says you dont take damage from non crits. It means you can use dominos bleed effect because it can crit, but you cannot use other effect that do not. You are ignoring what the effect says.
    Is a bleed proc a hit? Quake's Aftershock? OR's Spores? It SPECIFICALLY says 'Hits'. Not 'Only takes damage from critical hits', which would cover those other effects. It's like how Power Shield makes all non-Special hits do 0 damage, but bleeds and such work just fine.
    Amonthir said:

Lormif said:

Amonthir said:

Lormif said:

Is a bleed proc a hit? Quake's Aftershock? OR's Spores? It SPECIFICALLY says 'Hits'. Not 'Only takes damage from critical hits', which would cover those other effects. It's like how Power Shield makes all non-Special hits do 0 damage, but bleeds and such work just fine.
    The game has always considered the periodic as hits, and it fits the definition "Cause harm or distress to."
    Lormif said:

Amonthir said:

Lormif said:

Amonthir said:

Lormif said:

The game has always considered the periodic as hits, and it fits the definition "Cause harm or distress to."
    What interactions in the game have counted a Bleed as a hit? Doesn't raise combo count, doesn't count towards total hits screen at end of fight. Please, show me where any periodic damage, or even any Direct Damage, have been counted as hits anywhere except for this one node effect?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

webtswx said:

supergoku said:

Not impossible, but certainly not nice. Vision, Civil Warrior, Darkhawk, or anyone else with an easy-access Heal Block will slog through it eventually.

I don't have any problem with the node itself; but I do think the text should be changed. It wouldn't be asking too much for the text to read 'This champion only takes damage from Critical Hits'. Job done.
    Yes, they need to make sure the text accurately reflects whatever their intentions actually were.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    webtswx said:

Lormif said:

webtswx said:

supergoku said:

Ther also said that ther wild changes that node so it isn’t impossible to beat in the betas furums