**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam please give this hero some damage

Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
Even at 5 r4 his damage is weak I can't even finish them off before I die to taking block damage from parys in varient 2

Comments

• Options
    LordBeaverbrokeLordBeaverbroke Posts: 285 ★★
    Damage is not his place. He is a power control champion and is not just a straight forwards beat 'em up champion.
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    @Strikerrx8 touched on something that I'd rather see...better block proficiency.

I agree, Dormammu is definitely a utility champion. He used to be an AW defense nightmare, but Blade knocked him down a peg. The adjustment to Mystic Dispersion was the final nail in the coffin for him as a defender. (we still haven't heard the results of his performance pre vs. post MD change, Kabam). As such, he's an ok defender, but I'm not sure he even cracks the top 10 anymore.

That said, I've been looking for uses outside of AW Defense for Dormammu as I really like the champ. I'm fine with his damage being on the low side due to his utility. And as someone mentioned, he's much more than just your typical MLLLM champ in order to get the most out of him. You need to properly use his heavies to detonate soul bonds and you need to use different specials in different situations to make proper use of his Soul Leech ability. Couple all that with regular hits and a skilled player can get some respectable damage output from him.

HOWEVER...

His block proficiency is abysmal. This is especially a problem considering you will be relying on a lot of parry stuns in order to place/detonate soul bonds for offensive purposes. This means in endgame content, he's losing a good chunk of health even if he doesn't receive any hits. I've always thought that was weird that he has a low Block Proficiency anyway. He's throwing up a mystic shield so the enemy isn't making contact with Dormammu's body when he blocks. Even if they did, they'd be hitting what looks to be solid rock. When looking at it that way, I'd think his block proficiency would be pretty high.

To sum up, Dormammu lost a lot of clout when Mystic Dispersion was changed. Rather than raising his attack, I think bumping up his block proficiency would make him usable in endgame content again.
  • Options
    Goose_81Goose_81 Posts: 111
    Manup456 said:

Use heavy and wait until he has 100 soul bonds and heavy again big damage.

I would be hard pressed to say "big damage" more like some ok way of getting additional damage. The OP has a valid point, with his BP being so bad he really needs higher damage output to be viable as an attacker. His power control is almost pointless since he can hardly stay alive long enough due to the low BP.
  • Options
    It was my first r4 n I neded bleed poison imunity now I need damage he gets chip to death in varient 2
  • Options

• Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Your definition of hero is odd...

Kaecilius?
  • Options
    Hey guys, please share any Champion improvement suggestions you may have in THIS discussion. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.
This discussion has been closed.