**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mind Stone Path - Enemies and Nodes Directly Counter The Intended Champion and Playstyle

becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
After reading the abilities the mind stone grants Iron Man you'll see the intended design is for you to use charged up heavy attacks while the opponent is stunned in order to cause shock damage. In addition, on Epic difficulty his boosted Arc Overload is supposed to be able to sustain him through the spiked armor thorns damage you will end up taking.

The problem is that these abilities are directly countered by the second and third champions you face, Domino and Havok.

Domino:
- Limber Node prevents charged heavy attacks
- Already difficult to Parry (medium dash only)
- Critical failure stops even successful parries some of the time
- Critical failure can stop Arc Overload from triggering
- Critical failure and spiked armor do more damage than Arc Overload can heal if it does activate
- Various lingering bugs make this fight extra difficult (block break, fight lag, etc.)

Havok:
- Can't parry most of his attacks
- Energy resistance
- Power start 3 (bugged)

As it stands even a highly ranked Iron Man, which most people don't have cause he's outdated, can't complete this quest without an absurd amount of items. The stone along with the right playstyle should be the solution to these paths but that's just not the case here.

Proposed Solution:
- Replace Domino with another champion OR make the mind stone give immunity to ability accuracy reduction
- Make Domino Un-Duped to remove critical failure damage
- Fix the power start 3 bug with Havok
- Replace Havok with a more easily parry-able opponent.

Comments

• theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    I was about to finish that lane with cap a few days ago. But Havok sp3 got me just in the beginning.. use your cap guys. Im is a disappointment with stone.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

I was about to finish that lane with cap a few days ago. But Havok sp3 got me just in the beginning.. use your cap guys. Im is a disappointment with stone.

Cap can survive Havok’s burst damage? I forget what it is called.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

I'm waiting until all 6 are out who knows what a coming
    Same.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    The only thing close to combining all stones in one powerful item in this game is the profile picture.
  • _VEGETA__VEGETA_ Posts: 24

"...because he is outdated"

Can't agree enough man. No one in their right mind nowadays to rank up their Iron Man more than R3/30 or R1/25 for 4* and 5* respectively.
    What a joke side quest that is

My Ironman is 5* r3, along with nearly every one of my 5*s, 3*s ive stopped touching but all r3 5*s are worth it in the long run.
  • Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
    This event is the biggest fail of Kabam ! Until they make it for the skill not for the units then I won’t be wasting my units to get rubbish rewards must be joking , who is going rank Ironman up more the r3 5 star !! And he can not CAN NOT do it unless u were amazing lucky but even the perfect fight I still die from Critical failure , and to top off this rubbish they add spike armour, not only that they haven’t even given us player that had to wait 10 days for there act 6 100% and compensation, people are quitting the game the og are leaving and this is down to the rubbish customer service and the trash content and all the bugs that this game has is crazy, Kabam make a lot of money and spend very little on keeping players happy and fixing bugs !!!
  • Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
    I don’t have any r4 champs on that list and do they expect me to rank 4 champs that il never use again for rewards that are rubbish 4 star sig stones are they joking it’s just all bs
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    cdub71 said:

You can only take one champion into Master and Uncollected. For everyone saying to wait until you get all the stones, its irrelevant on higher levels.

Not really. Hopefully other stones can counter the mind stone path better.