**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mind Stone Path - Enemies and Nodes Directly Counter The Intended Champion and Playstyle

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

cdub71 said:

You can only take one champion into Master and Uncollected. For everyone saying to wait until you get all the stones, its irrelevant on higher levels.

Not really. Hopefully other stones can counter the mind stone path better.
    Mabye vision can
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Jaded said:

cdub71 said:

You can only take one champion into Master and Uncollected. For everyone saying to wait until you get all the stones, its irrelevant on higher levels.

Mabye vision can

No vision unfortunately
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Gamer said:

Jaded said:

cdub71 said:

Mabye vision can
    He's not in the quest for the stones event.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★

Gamer said:

Jaded said:

cdub71 said:

Mabye vision can
    He's not in the quest for the stones event.
    Hm he shuld hav Ben replace Ironman. Then. So bad is the event.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Is the end of MCoC happening with Endgame? What Marvel promotions are in the pipeline? Is Marvel transitioning to a more series based release of characters that don't fit into the big movie release promotions these events seem to support? What does that mean for the game?

My guess is that the class disadvantaged stone may have some benefits for lanes we have to spend units to clear with a class advantage. So next week when Hawkeye's stone is released, we'll get to see how good my guess is for this mutant path.

All in all, this event feels more like an arena grind than an event, which is bad. At least with the Negative Zone missions, even though repetitive, you could could mix in some meaningful practice against a souped up Johnny Storm with an array of champs. With these paths set for the intended stone to counter act the boosted node effects, that cuts out some practice time.

When you cut out practice against tougher champs or content in game, it makes the game more akin to gambling and makes it feel like more of a pay to play game.
  • NateAdidasNateAdidas Posts: 22
    And some people may have a different avenger at a higher rank so that it would be very beneficial once they get the infinity stone for that champ
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    They drop the ball on this
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but by my calculations, the Epic quest for the stone plus the Epic Ebony Maw quest yields something in total like:

• 2400 5* shards
    • 10800 T2a shards
    • ~ 7 Greater Last Stand crystals
    • a T4c

This comes at the cost of 3 energy per step for each quest, which is ~13 full energy refills (assuming future paths are as short as the first chapter of the stone quest).

Dr. Zola
  • GivMeABeerGivMeABeer Posts: 202 ★★
    Yup I agree with everyone, this event has been a total flop and overall this month is a huge letdown compared to what End Game brought to the big screen. Very demotivating times for the game atm.
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    I agree the stones should have been allowed on any iteration of cap or IM or Hulk and so on. The OG's suck and I have been here since day 1 and still dont have a 4* OG IM.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    One thing that could have been great was to allow more champions in the quest. One stone, One champion allowed. Two stones, two champions and so on...
    For example, if you have the Soul stone and the mind stone you can bring Captain and Iron Man, allowing you to build your team with Avenger synergies up to 5 champions.

So heavy skilled summoners would be able to try all the paths with just one or two champions, and less skilled would have to wait for 4 ou 5 champions to get all the paths done !

Difficult paths wouldn't have been a problem as you could have just wait for the 5 stones to maximize your chances to finish the quest
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Would love to hear what any mods thoughts are on this week's stone path
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    I’m just here to point out that the OP has 43 “agrees”

Ummm yeah Kabam
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    I am not going spend any revive or health potion on this awful quest. I already opened about 15 crystals from these shards and got only t4 cat shards and 4* sig stones! Sorry but I don’t need this at all.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Mods has this feedback regarding the infinity stones quest been shared with the design team? Specifically regarding the mind stone are there any plans to adjust the effects this stone gives Iron Man and/or altering the enemies on the path to better align with the intended playstyle? As it stands right now many players are avoiding this content altogether due to the inability for even a high ranked duped Iron Man to complete his path in addition to the rewards not justifying the use of any items.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Kabam, please gift us 10 energy refills for this miss of an event. The energy requirements are crazy high.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    Would love some kind of response that you guys are looking into this path's design. Seems totally against the spirit of the event to have the stones abilities countered by the nodes and champions it's supposed to help you overcome.
  • 5tarscream5tarscream Posts: 94
    1. Cap
    2. Iron Man
    3. Hulk?
    4. Black Widow?
    5. Scarlet Witch?
    6. Thor?

I'm guessing it's one for each type. Except Hulk over mutant because avengers are mutant racists.
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Kabam put no thought into this event. Awful rewards, nobody has correct champs ranked, abilities dont reflect encounters, huge energy requirement, boring to collect stones. Worst event made
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    I do wander how hard the space and time paths will be as, apart for some few lucky summoners, no one has a 5 stars Thor or Black Widow...
    Did Kabam though about that fact before designing their event or will it be impossible to do without using tons of revives ?
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    If the other stones were as useful as caps, then a 5/50 should be able to do it. If they are asuseless as iron mans then I'll just pass on epic completely.

The mind stone is just awful compared to the previous, like night and day. If the shock damage was multiplied by 100 then we might have something. And it should have arc overload every 20 seconds.

Cap can heal to infinity just by blocking.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    I was all pump up for this month of Avengers End Game.... very disappointing event. A big Fail!
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Iron man’s Mind Stone interaction is just weird with Domino fight. I don’t like how much the damage from the shock inflict.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Gamer said:

Jaded said:

cdub71 said:

Mabye vision can

No vision unfortunately
    He can still be used, as he is an avenger, he just wont get a boost.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    Iron man path would be fine if the damage of 100 or so would not be over 9 seconds. If it was 1000 over 9 seconds then it would suit the play style they were aiming for
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    Just use your cap
  • tntsltntsl Posts: 64
    Still one of the worst events in recent memory. I've been playing this game for over 3 years and I've never gotten a 4* or 5* regular Ironman and I don't have Cap IW. So I have essentially no shot at 100% even at Master. The folks at Kabam totally blew this month. Just another 27+ days of sheer boredom to look forward to