**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Greyed Out Champs

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
What is the purpose of this display mode? Some of these champs haven’t been released yet; of course I don’t have them. And while I may have certain champs that aren’t greyed out, having them in 2*/3* rarity (or even 4* rarity if we are talking Act 6) is irrelevant.

Please tell me this is phase one of being able to sort by hashtag. Otherwise, it feels like a feature with no significant utility.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    LogarooLogaroo Posts: 100
    It seems to be your unowned champs. There is a filter to see unowned in the menu now.
  • Options
    Logaroo said:

It seems to be your unowned champs. There is a filter to see unowned in the menu now.

That much I had figured out. So...why?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Honestly, IDK.
    A pokedex?
  • Options
    Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    it should at least show you what champs you dont have in the specific rarity you've filtered...
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    They said they would add an index of all the champ you haven’t gotten. It also lets you organize who you have and who you don’t in case you want to list something or consider counters to new content (so you don’t forget someone)

Edit: I agree it would be nice if they showed all the rarities you are missing (maybe convert it into a spreadsheet you could open on your profile)
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Logaroo said:

Dr. Zola
    Why not?? you can see the champs you are missing. cant be that hard to understand
    I can see champs I don’t have in any rarity. That’s different from saying champs I am missing. Why waste the UI space?

It tells me I don’t have the unreleased champs (3), don’t have 4 specialty champs (Thanos, Kang, Goldpool and LoL Ultron). And then there are 8 new champs I lack in any rarity.

If synergies were the same regardless of rarity, maybe it makes sense. But they aren’t.

Dr. Zola
    It might be useful if it would show what I'm missing at what * level if I have filtered the view by *

For instance, if I filter 4 or 5*'s it does not show me that I do not have a 4 or 5* Domino because I have a 3* one...

• Options
    Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    If they fix the option to filter by rarity this would be a cool feature.
  • Options
    Man_Bat said:

100% agreed and 100% my point.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    mihmih Posts: 8
    Today this feature is useless. Let's hope they make it work with the other filters (stars, classes, etc) soon...
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Man_Bat said:

Dr. Zola
    Not to be rude but can please not say your name at the end of every post/comment you make? It's not like we can't see your name. It's really annoying, please consider it. Thanks
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Logaroo said:

Dr. Zola
    For all that is wrong in this game, this is what you're focusing on as something of an issue? You don't wonder what champs you don't have? Kind of like a game board you fix pieces to and can see which ones you don't have yet.
  • Options
    Lo4eath said:

it should at least show you what champs you dont have in the specific rarity you've filtered...

AGREE, if you select a particular star-rarity, then the “Unowned” display should show you (for example) all the 3* heroes that you do not have yet. Instead it just displays the same greyed heroes no matter what other Filters you have selected.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★

Lo4eath said:

AGREE, if you select a particular star-rarity, then the “Unowned” display should show you (for example) all the 3* heroes that you do not have yet. Instead it just displays the same greyed heroes no matter what other Filters you have selected.
    Yes, I’m on here reading about it for this very reason. Seems like a useless feature if you can’t filter by rarity. I only wanted to know which 5* I don’t have, and it would save me having to create a spreadsheet and track.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    This is a useless feature, why would anyone like to see the profile pic of champs they don't have.
    Make it more practical by allowing us to read thier abilities.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    cannot please everyone. Some people like it because they like seeing what they are missing and certain * levels. yes I would love a sort by hashtag feature, but this is far from useless.
  • Options
    Repto23Repto23 Posts: 739 ★★★
    I like the feature but wish it worked better.
    1. If i click only show me 5* it should show all the champs i dont have of that tier not just ones i dont have at all (like i dont care about my 3* Vision if he is available as a 5* but dont have it show me that!)
    2. I should be able to click on them and see their info, abilities, synergies and bios
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,641 Guardian
    Lormif said:

cannot please everyone. Some people like it because they like seeing what they are missing and certain * levels. yes I would love a sort by hashtag feature, but this is far from useless.

But it's NOT doing what you say some people like about it. It does NOT show you what you are missing based on “Star” Rarity level. And it is also POINTLESS to show you grayed heroes that are in the game but are not even a collectible hero (or are only collectible from certain rare places, not from normal crystal or arena areas of game), you are not really “missing” some of those heroes from your collection.

And YES, please make those grayed heroes selectable so that you can pop up their PROFILE and see their Abilities.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,428 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Man_Bat said:

Dr. Zola
    Not to be rude but can please not say your name at the end of every post/comment you make? It's not like we can't see your name. It's really annoying, please consider it. Thanks
    Actually, no, thanks.

I’ve signed every post I’ve made on the forums for over 4 years. I try to make sure my posts are pertinent, correctly spelled and grammatically right (something you may want to consider).

Signing them is a way of denoting ownership, among other things. If it offends, that’s unfortunate. You could just stop reading at the end of my comment or decide not to read at all.

Dr. Zola
    A sensible explanation, Dr. We should all commit to our message board musings with an official seal of approval.

Cheers,

Klob Berintyme, DDS