**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 23.0 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Comments

• Lawdawg1541Lawdawg1541 Posts: 37
    Same thing issue I’m having.
    iPhone 8+
  • Carme1974Carme1974 Posts: 231
    Same here with iphone7
  • SessellelSessellel Posts: 3
    My alliance members and I are also experiencing the same issues.

Major lag during AQ and AW. Would be using block and suddenly would get hit while blocked. It would wipe out our team.

Major freezing while loading fights which causes our champs to get hit, and the HP bar would go down to half.

Major freezing while opening Crystals and switching from screen to screen.

Please fix this!
  • Drillh3adDrillh3ad Posts: 36
    Device.. ...iPhone X
    Software...IOS 12.2
    Cellular......Sprint
    Occurrence..both cellular and WiFi
    IGN...........**warlock**
    Mcoc version..23.0.1
    Issues..defenders at times seem to skip frames. Sometimes it’s a small movement other times they dash from far side of the screen and don’t register until they are directing you. Dashing into opponents after S3 still happening. Phone heats in numerous areas of the game. I have noticed that all these issues seem to scale with the difficulty of the content. For example I can fight a path in variant 2 and notice some of these issues. Once I reach the boss lag, missing frames and heating issues are greatly increased.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Just got hit with such enormous lag, I can’t even describe it: 5* 4/55 duped Hyperion just freezes, stutters, can’t get 1 hit in against 3.1 uc ebony maw, off cuz I get k.o.-ed.
    Ipad air 2, latest Ios.

Like this is going to help improve things, for frak sake, the lag issue is becoming the new “problems connecting to network” problem......which is also still happening btw.

You want me to spend money on this game? Fine........1st fix this s***.
  • Kent1323Kent1323 Posts: 3
    This is Achilles1323, I seem to be having issues with my quake, can’t depend on her abilities because she sometimes doesn’t want to charge.
  • MadmunkMadmunk Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: Madmunk
    Device and model: iPhone 7
    Device operating systems: iOS 12.2
    Cellular or WIFI: WiFi and Cellular
    Game mode: Arena, AW,AQ, quests, menu opening.
    Lags in fights, stutters, opponents really passive and sometimes freezes.
    Opening crystals and exploring quests is a drag because off severe lag - sometimes it can take 30 seconds or more to open prefight menu.
  • tbone06tbone06 Posts: 10
    In-Game Name: Tbone06
    Device and Model: iPhone 8 Plus
    Device Operating System: 12.2 (16E227)
    Cellular or WiFi: Both
    Game Version Installed: 23.0.1
    Game Mode: Typically felt the most in navigation between different game menus/screens but lag has occurred during basic questing affecting parry and evade timing.
    Description of the Issue: The most common occurrence for me is when I’ve left the app for any amount of time. This results in the game presenting me with the reconnect dialog box upon reopening and ultimately excessively long load times. If/when the game menus formally load, there are significant performance issues between animations, navigation, and things of the like. When loading the crystals module it seems to nearly crash. No chat bar at the bottom, no tabs at the top of the crystal lists, and absolutely no response to touch. When it does finally load in the missing components, it still hangs for another 2-3 seconds before slowly working it’s navigation back to normal. The same things occurs when opening a crystal. It has very choppy animation if it doesn’t just hang. Usually force quitting the app clears it’s throat but not always.
  • Pin_the_AvengerPGT17Pin_the_AvengerPGT17 Posts: 333 ★★
    PIN the Avenger
    iPhone 7
    iOS 12.2
    Game version: 23.0.1
    Crystal opening
    The crystal opening (selecting crystal) is often unresponsive for a minute, the opening of the crystal itself (open crystal button) is also often lagging and unresponsive, on rare occasions that i do role the crystal, the crystal will slow down the role to 1frame per 3sec
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 467 ★★★
    In-Game Name: MavRCK_
    Device and Model: ipad pro 10.5 A10x
    Device Operating System:12.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Wifi - didn't check cell
    Game Version Installed: Lastest
    Game Mode: Arena and Questing
    Description of the Issue: Input lag / freezing / character not responding - doing block or random heavy attack or running forward / after arena, delay in responding to request to help champion, delay in selecting champion and getting info on champion
  • DannyJayyDannyJayy Posts: 32
    edited May 2019
    iPhone XS Max ios 12.2 super bad lag. Haven’t seen it this bad in years. Game version - whatever the most recent is. Maybe 23.0.1? Not sure. Can’t look right now.
  • N1ngeniusN1ngenius Posts: 6
    In-Game Name: Ningenius
    Device and Model: iPad 2018
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.1.4
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 23.0

Game Mode: AW, AQ, Any fight that lasts more than about 30 seconds

Description of the Issue: dropped frames and lag in fights. The screen starts jumping and you lose fine control of the character. Often drops block for no reason. ‘Auto dash in after SP3’ also happens still from time to time. AQ seems biggest problem
  • SirDubusSirDubus Posts: 13
    In-Game Name: Dubus
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.2
    Cellular or WiFi: Both Cellular and WiFi. Cellular carrier is Verizon
    Game Mode: Arena, AQ, Questing
    Description of the Issue: I have noticed in v23 a significant lag following an opponent's LVL 3 special. After my opponent triggers this special, the game becomes completely unresponsive for 2 seconds. This means I can't dash back, counter, or even block their next attack. This is particularly frustrating in AQ with Map 4 mini boss Mordo's power gain. I have lost countless fights since this has started happening that I shouldn't have lost.
    I also find it interesting how quickly Kabam will respond to issues when the results are in the favor of the players, and how longstanding issues remain when they result in lost champions or additional resources needed. Please address this consistent and predictable lag.
  • Rocco219Rocco219 Posts: 4
    In game name RB86-1 RB86-2 both accounts need be compensated major lag issues over a month and all of the above the Phone I’m using is iphone6 and iPhone 8 both are ridiculous to play on.
    Been kicked from a alliance due to to this ****.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Marvel Contest of Champions and Bugs - version 23.0
    iPad 6th gen
    iOS 12.2
    Tedious, “Quest for the Stones” quest on Master level.

2 of my favorite bugs in 1 video!

Bug #1: Auto-block heroes (Modok) getting frozen.

Bug #2: Annoying visual obstruction that hides the enemy. This has been around for ages along with the obstructed view on the Avengers Tower map. I posted about this in Nov 2017 and 18 months later .... silence. See this thread: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/35336/obstructed-view#latest

https://youtu.be/tmHabWrqWPc
  • Chumley77Chumley77 Posts: 22
    Latest version of game and iOS. iPhone 6 device. The game is unplayable after 5 minutes. Phone is a hotbox and laggy as all heck.
  • TaigaMiniTaigaMini Posts: 23
    In-Game Name: Taiga Mini
    Device and Model: IPhone 8
    Device Operating System: iOS 11.4.1
    Game Version Installed: 23.0 version of the game.
    Game Mode: Resource overflow tab
    Description of the Issue: I have a fairly new account (less 2 weeks old) and I every time I try to claim the one tier 3 mystic catalyst in my overflow, the game freezes/hangs then goes to the disconnected screen and resets back to the start. Catalyst is still there. I only have 3/6 in current inventory so no idea why I can’t claim this one?? Other tabs are fine just this one catalyst crashes my game!

• ET198ET198 Posts: 2
    I sold my ipad 6 because the game became unplayable recently. I was thinking about getting Ipad Mini 5 which is a faster device.

Would you not recommend getting Ipad Mini 5 for Mcoc?
  • ETReloadedETReloaded Posts: 2

In-Game Name: E.T. !Reloaded!

Device and Model: iPad 2018

Device Operating System: iOS 12.2

Cellular or WiFi: WiFi

Game Mode: AQ, Arena, Quest

Description of the Issue: Reported “dashing forward” issues numerous times. It did seem to be fixed until a week ago. This time it is worse, the characters are “dashing back” when they hit the opponent or when trying to go toward the opponent. When holding for block on difficult fights, they “dash forward” and become easy target and lose lots of health.

For ex, when you parry an opponent and try to hit them, the character goes towards left instead of right and won’t hit the opponent . Especially on difficult fights it becomes unplayable.

I hit the pause and change the rotation (home button on left) this might help sometimes. If that does not work, I turn off the device and come back after few minutes and can’t say it solves the problems 100%. These might get me through the fight.

I live on GMT +3 and this seems to occur more between 10 a.m. till 20 p.m.

Btw, I noticed screen slowing during crystal openings but it happens occasionally

May 14 UPDATE: No choice but to let go off the Ipad 6, in the market for new device sadly...
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    I use an iPad Pro, almost no lag, rare in fact.
  • The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    Don’t base the device you buy on a mobile game
  • ET198ET198 Posts: 2
    You are right but , I exclusively used Ipad 6 for Mcoc. I had lots of problems with it. Then I looked into Antutu benchmark results to confirm my doubts. It was ranked 14th in all IOS devices whereas Mini 5 is 3rd, even better than Iphone XS, XR. So it does make me wonder about the real performance of Mini 5 for MCOC...
  • VmashburnVmashburn Posts: 2
    In-Game Name: MiamiMiracle
    Device and Model: iPad Air
    Device Operating System: 12.2
    Game Version Installed: 23.0.1.
    Game Mode: All Modes
    Description of the Issue: When fighting, the game will randomly lock up for 3 to 5 seconds, and then resume. When the game resumes, sometimes it registers my last move (swipe, strike, etc.), but sometimes it does not, which leads to me getting either hit or killed. I have checked my network bandwidth, and i have 20Mbps available to the Internet. I also do not have this problem with any other Apps on my iPad.
  • BaronronBaronron Posts: 25
    In-Game Name: AndreiDreiden
    Device and Model: iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Pro 12
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.3
    Cellular or WiFi: I use WIFI most of the time but sometimes I play on cellular
    Game Version Installed: I have the latest version
    Game Mode: Everytime I play Drax
    Description of the Issue: His 1st medium hit has a noticeable lag in animation (I guess this is animation-related) when executed regardless of whether I'm using my iPad or iPhone.
  • __QB2018____QB2018__ Posts: 14
    Utterly pissed off with this game now, the lags/bugs/and other fuckwittery !
    Trying to compete in AW is just useless.
    I have already posted details of operating system etc, but what’s the point !
    Countless numbers of people reporting problems and Kabam does Jack.
    Time to move to another game.
  • Coreyb516Coreyb516 Posts: 40
    I have an I phone xs max the game play and lag have been causeing me so
    Much problems and resources in this game it’s gotten me killed time and time again over the last patches any have any info on this or experiencing the same problems?
  • Kmo21Kmo21 Posts: 1
    Controls not responding in any of the battles. My champions are just getting beaten, AI function is not work either.

Kmo21
  • Getadamngrip99Getadamngrip99 Posts: 11
    IPad Pro
    iOS 12.2
    Lags on all events.
    Wifi and cell
This discussion has been closed.