**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Recoil mastery

blackdragonightblackdragonight Posts: 108
edited August 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Dear Kabam,
Hi I have played this game for a long time and grew fond of it. As I reached closer to level 60 I have unlocked new masteries one which is called recoil, I feel that this mastery has potential but I don't think it should take away health if your specials connect and I feel that you should only lose health if your special doesn't connect or if your opponent blocks it. Masteries are suppose to make you stronger in my opinion, this change would definitely make summoners use this mastery more thank you.

Sincerely,
blackdragonight

Comments

• Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    That wouldn't be a good thing. You can't have all the benefits of extra attack without giving something up. It's fine the way it is, the best way to use Recoil would be to only use a special attack to end the fight or if you're using Magik or someone who can heal.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I'm not saying not to have a penalty at all, I'm fine with losing health but I feel that it should only happen if you fail to hit a special kinda like a gamble and as for waiting until the end that takes a longer fight it would be faster if you could use your special in the middle of the fight to take down your opponent especially in new act 5.2 where you need to finnish fights quickly.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    I'm not saying not to have a penalty at all, I'm fine with losing health but I feel that it should only happen if you fail to hit a special kinda like a gamble and as for waiting until the end that takes a longer fight it would be faster if you could use your special in the middle of the fight to take down your opponent especially in new act 5.2 where you need to finnish fights quickly.

There are very few circumstances where you should fail to hit a special. 90% of time if you miss a special it is your fault and if you have recoil there should be a penalty. If you have full suicides which if you have recoil I assume you do fights will already end faster than with a regular mastery setup even without using specials. Act 5 does give 1 big disadvantage to players with suicide masteries with the node that makes the opponent only damaged by specials but other than that there are no nodes or fights in Act 5.2 that require you to use specials if you bring in the right champions, and you could always remove recoil before you go into certain chapters if you are really having issues
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Sometimes you do miss a special not sure if it's an android issue or your opponent blocks it, If recoil were needed to be removed for some chapters/fights then what's the point of using it in the first place ? masteries are suppose to help you not downgrade you.
  • Options
    He was talking about certain chapters that require you to use only specials to cause damage, such as the quest in 5.2 that Sungj mentioned.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Masteries are supposed to help you but they can't come without a cost (which is why Willpower was nerfed). For Courage to work you need to be below 50% health, for Assassin you need to get the opponent down to 18% health, for you to get stronger attacks you can max out Strength and Greater Strength but at the cost of not putting points into other masteries. Recoil is terrible for AW defense anyways. Fights end really fast for me in the AW cause they just beat themselves..