**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Masacre AAR

IDogeIDoge Posts: 409 ★★
So in Masacre's abilities, it says when he is hitting into a block, opponent's suffer 50% Defensive AAR as long as they are debuffed. His disorient on his sp1 also reduces defensive AAR by 50%. Now how did Symbiote Spidey evade my attack?

Comments

• LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    Because it's passive. Another deal with passive abilities... you can tell it's passive by it being a full circle with no boarder. It's the same with Miles Morales' evades.
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    AAR doesn't affect passive abilities. Kabam decided to change a ton of buffs in the game into passive abilities for some reason, so AAR isnt as important as it once was.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    Limbo has a duration, ie active or "nonpassive"
    IDoge said:

But how can AAR affect Limbo and not Symbiote Spidey's evade? Isn't Limbo a passive ability too? I'm not sure if it's defensive though

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,339 ★★★★★
    Actually aar does stop miles evade as black widow for example can ignore miles evade with massacre against the miles it's still 50% and do believe u can stop passive evades activating by symbiote spidey but it's still 50/50 so u might get unlucky or u get lucky with evades
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,989 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    IDoge said:

Doesn't Gulk's Face Me ability apply to passive DoT debuffs so Magik's limbo could be classified as passive?

I think it's passive but has a duration. Limbo is unique. It does activate
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,339 ★★★★★
    Yes limbo is a passive dot so gulk heals 70% of it same with dorm degen and starburst apart from degen nodes that has a certain percentage or .60 health loss a second he doesnt heal from
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    To clear some things here ...
    Modifying ability accuracy does work against passive abilities. Against buffs, it stops them from triggering. Against passive abilities, it can be the same thing, or it can stop something of it from working (Magik Limbo for example, is a passive ability. Sometimes it won't trigger, other times it will trigger but the direct damage will not proc, and other times the regeneration will also not trigger).

Having said that, if the calculations on Masacre abilities added up to -100% deffensive ability accuracy, then the opponent (sym spider) shouldn't be able to evade.
  • Hey there, I'll pass this along to the rest of the team. Would you happen to have any video of the fight? Also would you be able to tell me where this fight occurred or what nodes were involved in the fight?
  • Thanks, I'll get the video passed along as well.
  • Hey there, I checked with the team and was able to find out why this happens this way. While the Disoriented Debuff still decreases Defensive Ability Accuracy by 50%, Masacre is only able to reduce Defensive Ability Accuracy by another 50% when his attack is blocked by an opponent. Since Spider-Man successfully Evades Masacre's attack, the attack isn't blocked and can't reduce Spider-Man Defensive Ability Accuracy further.