**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How did y'all beat Epic Difficulty Thing in the Save the Battlerealm Quest?

LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
What Champion did you use to beat Thing in the Last Stand: Save The Battlerealm Quest on Epic Difficulty? These combinations of Nodes on him are getting Really Annoying...

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    R2 5* Cap.
    5/50 4* BW L99.
    5/50 4* Hawkeye L79.

Used Cap for everything except paths specific to other two champs.

So that would be Hawkeye. Just used Sp3 and stayed away from him when he had 15 rocks. Hit block a lot to get him there when he had his Sp1 or when I needed to push him to Sp1 with 15 rocks.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Yeah my Hawkeye is only a 4 Star Rank 3... And that Modok always chips down my health
  • Options
    DrZola said:

R2 5* Cap.
    5/50 4* BW L99.
    5/50 4* Hawkeye L79.

Used Cap for everything except paths specific to other two champs.

So that would be Hawkeye. Just used Sp3 and stayed away from him when he had 15 rocks. Hit block a lot to get him there when he had his Sp1 or when I needed to push him to Sp1 with 15 rocks.

Dr. Zola

I've already got every path on every difficulty done except for the Thing Path on Epic Difficulty.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Parry and 2-3 hit Modok. Parry and immediately Sp1 Modok when you have it.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Parry and 2-3 hit Modok. Parry and immediately Sp1 Modok when you have it.

Dr. Zola

My problem with him is he's being really stingy with the Specials for some reason. Like Arena level of stingy
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

I have an r4 5 hawkeye but he did it really well

Same.
  • Options
    Yeah, Thing was a pain. I just popped a couple Revs and took him down. Didn't have the patience to restart.
  • Options
    I was hoping Hulk would've been useful for that path because he's the only 5 Star I have of the 6... He did great on Yellow Jacket and Modok but Thing can never go below 92% it seems like because his Buffet activates every 7 Seconds...
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I used a 1/25 Cap for everything.
  • Options

Yeah, Thing was a pain. I just popped a couple Revs and took him down. Didn't have the patience to restart.

Yeah I had to reset a ridiculous amounts of times so I didn't waste more than 3 Revives... This Quest requires so much Energy and Enemies are so stacked with Nodes, yet the Rewards are so meh...
  • Options
    V1PER1987 said:

I used a 1/25 Cap for everything.

Even the Heal Block Path and Void? How many revives and Potions did you use?
  • Options
    I used one revive on Void. That’s it for every path. There was a heal block path?
  • Options
    I think I'm just going to have to grind RoL for potions, I'm not the best at constant Parries and since my Hawkeye's only a Rank 3 4 Star the chip damage through Block adds up...
  • Options
    V1PER1987 said:

I used one revive on Void. That’s it for every path. There was a heal block path?

Yeah, the Hawkeye Path. Third Path from the Left.
  • Options

I think I'm just going to have to grind RoL for potions, I'm not the best at constant Parries and since my Hawkeye's only a Rank 3 4 Star the chip damage through Block adds up...

Main strategy was just to only attack when they’re power locked and L2. He does a lot of damage. And if you mess up, parrying helps you to heal back up. I guess the heal block was a non issue for me because I didn’t even know that was a thing.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★
    I used cap on every path also and for thing build up to 15 rock stacks and bait his special and eventually when things protection is off pop a sp2
  • Options
    V1PER1987 said:

Main strategy was just to only attack when they’re power locked and L2. He does a lot of damage. And if you mess up, parrying helps you to heal back up. I guess the heal block was a non issue for me because I didn’t even know that was a thing.
    Yes I know how Cap works, and you must be talking about Master or Heroic Difficulty. I'm talking about the Epic Difficulty, the Hawkeye Path has Heal Block so you can't Parry Heal.
  • Options

Yeah I had to reset a ridiculous amounts of times so I didn't waste more than 3 Revives... This Quest requires so much Energy and Enemies are so stacked with Nodes, yet the Rewards are so meh...
    I used a 4/55 HE, and a 4/40 Cap for all of it. The Thing cost me 2 Revs I believe...maybe 3. Can't remember. By the end of it, I was just ready to plow through. Havok was a pain as well.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,007 ★★★★★
    Used classic cap to smack through every path except the Thing path. Used Hawkeye for that one. If played right, Caps stone is broken.
  • Options

V1PER1987 said:

Yes I know how Cap works, and you must be talking about Master or Heroic Difficulty. I'm talking about the Epic Difficulty, the Hawkeye Path has Heal Block so you can't Parry Heal.
    No I’m talking about every difficulty. I did every single difficulty and used one revive on Void. And I said the heal block was obviously a non issue because I didn’t even notice it. YJ is a straight forward fight. MODOK I just parry and heavy. Thing you just get him to 15 charges and bait a special. You don’t need heal.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

V1PER1987 said:

No I’m talking about every difficulty. I did every single difficulty and used one revive on Void. And I said the heal block was obviously a non issue because I didn’t even notice it. YJ is a straight forward fight. MODOK I just parry and heavy. Thing you just get him to 15 charges and bait a special. You don’t need heal.
    Exactly the same thing I did my only problem was void also
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I used cap. Took me some practice but eventually I just built up about 200 power stings and he was dead in 1 special.
  • Options
    Shrimkins said:

I used cap. Took me some practice but eventually I just built up about 200 power stings and he was dead in 1 special.

Yeah for me there's just too many things to keep track of when fighting Thing, especially the one in this Quest... I need to get better at Parry Spamming...
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I have posted a video I just took of a run through Epic with unawakened 5* OG Cap at 1/25. You’ll see I mess up against Thing because I tried to do something silly. But this fight is still manageable.

https://youtu.be/lGB-hdDOkJw
  • Options
    V1PER1987 said:

I have posted a video I just took of a run through Epic with unawakened 5* OG Cap at 1/25. You’ll see I mess up against Thing because I tried to do something silly. But this fight is still manageable.

https://youtu.be/lGB-hdDOkJw

Jealous as hell of those Load times... Mine always take around a minute if I've been on the game more than 30 minutes without a reset...
  • Options
    SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Hulk OG is able to do massive amounts of damage now with his stone, should greatly help people that were stuck on certain paths.
  • Options
    SparkAlot said:

Hulk OG is able to do massive amounts of damage now with his stone, should greatly help people that were stuck on certain paths.

Not the Thing fight unfortunately, he Regens constantly because of the ridiculous 7 Second Buffet Node. He's absorbs your Furies and Unstoppable Buffs near everytime they activate...
  • Options
    Would definitely be doable if you could bring in more than 1 Champion (because he makes the Yellow Jacket and Modok fights a piece of cake)... I find that part a bit much, it's really not necessary