**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it just me or is anyone else just generally bored with this game right now?

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

This month has been underwhelming for sure. Uncollected Thanos? Yeah, no thanks. It has provided me enough time to prepare and complete my first run of LOL. Now I can focus on Variant 2 or completing Act 6.

UC Thanos really wasn't a big deal for me. With nothing else to do, it was easy to make a few practice runs and eventually got him down.

I am also using the time to stock up on resources to make a dent on Variant and do a LOL run (hopefully tomorrow).

Overall, I have found myself looking for other things to do outside MCOC. I've had nights where I preferred to mindlessly scroll through Youtube instead of my usual arena grind. Been hard to get motivated to play much lately.
  • HanzumHanzum Posts: 15
    Rewards for EQ are stale hence the boredom and repetition. Every EQ is the same old song.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I am and i just quit everything and didnt even care about war season rewards because its meh anyway! And made a post as well so others can see the light too.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Event Quests can get repetitive because each difficulty has the same paths, so a lot of people like myself only bother to do Heroic, Master, and Uncollected. I do a single completion of Normal & Beginner (sometimes 100%) for units only.

Aside from adding a new Basic Arena and changing the reward structure, Arena has been pretty much the same since it came out. It sucks that there has been conversation about changing Arena, but nobody wants to update Arena apparently :(

Alliance Quest has gotten better over the course of the year. The increased availability of rewards are nice in the glory store. However, because I am not a fan of Alliance War, I wish 4*, 5*, and 6* shards were available through AQ. AQ can even get annoying sometimes because of the Sentinel AI along with you fighting the same champions for 5 days.

Alliance War is a wreck. Season 10 may be that spark that we all need to enjoy it again, but we will wait and see. Hopefully the bugs are fixed so we can truly enjoy AW.

Permanent content (like Act 6 and above) are becoming more stricter with class and rarity gates. This really hinders players from wanting to play that Quest to ever do the quest because of said restriction. Aside from that, most people have done ROL and you would preferably want an Aegon, SL, and other high damaging champions to get you through LOL with the least units possible. What sucks about permanent content is that you’re capped at 70 energy - you can’t go above 70 energy by any means and using this energy keeps you stuck in one quest. If there were different energy for different content, it may help with the boredom so you can work on Variant 2 while also working on the Event Quest at the same time. On that note of permanent content, there should be more stuff that’s enjoyable. Act 6 and Variant 2 is nice but I think there should be an in between level between the Old Challenges and the New Challenges so that people can have more chances at 5* and 6* champions in order to tackle Act 6.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 β˜…β˜…
    Kalantak said:

I am and i just quit everything and didnt even care about war season rewards because its meh anyway! And made a post as well so others can see the light too.

This is happening very often. I am on a several chats for the game and so many people are considering to quit the game or have quit. I hope for Kabam's sake that they are paying attention to the summoners disappointment in the game right now. The reward structure needs an overhaul as it is taking way to long for people to advance in the game at the higher levels. The content has been very disappointing this month. They have changed the way the AI has played on the last few updates. They are also increasing the difficulty of AQ. None of this is helping to keep a great game "Great". If they do not listen the players it will result in so many more taking this direction. It is not just one here and one their.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Well, at least dungeons are back on. And guess what daddy pulled from the oven? Delicious!
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 191 β˜…
    Want boredom? Play forged to fight ;)
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Kalantak said:

This is happening very often. I am on a several chats for the game and so many people are considering to quit the game or have quit. I hope for Kabam's sake that they are paying attention to the summoners disappointment in the game right now. The reward structure needs an overhaul as it is taking way to long for people to advance in the game at the higher levels. The content has been very disappointing this month. They have changed the way the AI has played on the last few updates. They are also increasing the difficulty of AQ. None of this is helping to keep a great game "Great". If they do not listen the players it will result in so many more taking this direction. It is not just one here and one their.
    Yeh only reason i was able to quit is because of my buddys quit,theres no direction,no fun,not rewarding system,impossiblly difficult content for same rewards that we got 18 months ago ,just emptyness so i thought why bother playing alone,find new alliance next season n stuff ,so i retired ,and i have also seen a bunch like me on diffrent chats ,but Kbm wont take a note they r listning to that "10%" of player base only ,they wont notice when suddenly 90% is gone.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yes. Very
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    That doesn't make sense to me. Lol. If you're overflowing with Resources, why not Rank the best options out of what you have and use them to earn more Champs? To each their own.
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    RobKane said:

How doesn’t it make sense? They come out with new champs every month who are better then the last and make it almost impossible to get unless I pay a ridiculous amount of money. I have 8 r5 5 stars right now. Almost all content completed. So I’m just supposed to rank completely useless champs for no reason. C’mon dude. Everybody knows you are a clown who trolls these forums but how can you even justify what you say? This is towards groundedwisdom. Not sure how to tag people.

AMEN brother.
  • razielraziel Posts: 83 β˜…
    AlphA101 said:

I'm bored and why I dont feel like spending money on this game ? Idk if this is going to make any difference, but I'll just put it forward....

1. Energy system really takes the fun away unless your going to open up your wallet to buy refills or grind the arenas to earn units. So no real f2p incentive from kabam tbh
    2. Over the top heavy gambling mindset of this game when it comes to acquiring champs and the huge gap between champs like iron fist and dpx who are acquired more easily than symbiote supreme or nick fury. Why cant a person just choose a champ they want when they pay real cash? What's soo difficult and game breaking with that?
    3. Champ progression is way too slow. Last time I checked it took 10 months to r5 a 5* , if one managed to 100% all uc eq month after month.this really takes the fun away and when you are not enjoying, sooner or later some other game will grab your attention and you will quit!!
    4. Highly rigged AI mechanics , designed In such a way to be fully manipulated by kabam at will and disavowed as per their convenience
    5. Masterys have not been fixed since ages even after acknowledgement and no refunds been issued. Why? Looks like a direct scam !!
    6. Health pots are still not % based , but revives are, right from the beginning ...another shady move

I have played for almost 2 years and finally quit 3 months ago and sold my account for a good profit.

Started a new account , but been terribly bored at the state of the game that now dont even login for several days at a stretch. Energy , champ acquisition system and progression just kill the buzz..

I agree with what you're saying. I've been playing this game since January 2015 and it seems that it might be time to finally stop. Whatever people say in the end it all goes back to the most fundamental question - do you enjoy playing the game?

I'm not going to rant about how bad of a company Kabam really is. They've made choices which the player base liked and those that it didn't. They've made made mistakes, but at the same time implemented a lot of great things. The problem is that recently the game has become stale.
    Not many improvements are being introduced (that's my perception at least) and the focus is shifting more and more towards opening crystals, making more money from often outrageously overpriced unit store offers (every 2nd day a new one fuels people addiction) and pushing the players to spend even more time inside the game itself.

My opinion is biased, but overall mcoc is not what it used to be and for me the excitement factor is slowly disappearing. It's becoming more of a chore rather than anything else, which is not what it should be right?
  • FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I have semi-retired for the third time. Left a Tier 1/Top 60 AQ alliance as the grind was getting monotonous. Generally Kabam does something to peak my interest and after a few months off I jump back in. It has been over a month and I am more bored than ever. The biggest reason for me...rewards/RNG.

I tired of pulling useless champs and Kabam adding crazy new champs. My 6* pulls (I have 10) have been disheartening and make me want to quit with each one. You would think I would have at least 1 β€œgod tier” 6*, instead I got duped DPX! The rewards have also been so stale and need updated in almost all area of the game (7 hr, 22 hr, 1 day, 3 day, 4 hr Crystal, AW, Quests).

This month has been a huge letdown in terms of content and rewards. I am really hoping for a unbelievable June.

Also PLEASE Kabam can we have a T2a arena that gives 9-10k shards to go along with the t1a, t4b and that third one.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    There just isn't anything excitng in the game right now and from out here in the wilderness it doesn't really look like there is anything exciting planned up ahead on this path we've been following. Ever more items torn apart and spread so thin throughout the game that you must grind endlessly to finish constructing the tools for growth and advancement in the game. The list of "special" items grows and they are shattered into rediculously small amounts and spread out to the point it has become rediculous when compared to the number of champs we have to raise and the number of different supplies to be gathered for use in different parts of the game to aquire some tiny measure of shards for this or that! It is time Kabam! For some of the items we need in this game to come in ONE (1, uno)! Piece! Having to grind through every last event (and every last tier that you can play of that event) and still need to play dungeons and alliance and arenas to get anyplace has gotten to a point it os gonna start hurting player retention...
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Yes I’m genuinely bored with this monthly event as well as chasing a handful of champions that would actually be useful out of the crystals with 100+ champions
    And just to be clear. I think that t1 through t3 cats and any crystal with a 2 star in it should come complete as box drops and ambush drops and not be constructed (almost exclusively anymore) from shards. Along with supplies matching the material level. If you are doing level 10 summoner material then t1 and 2 drops you get to mid tier material t2 and 3...and supplies like revives and restores that match the level of the material! Are you seriously concerned about people farming act 5 for revives and restores above t2??? Part of the boredom is that the material is becoming more difficult and requiring more item use and then we are getting the same rewards. While other parts of the game are endlessly repetitious/relentlessly "same as always" and for the same amounts of whatever rewards without variation. What would liven this place up would be doing the same things and getting different results for a change! But getting more difficult for the same rewards? Na! Not a good plan!
    A complete t4c wouldn't kill you either! With champs requiring so many to rank! One on the calander and shards (again scattered thin and everywhere) isn't really assisting kabams cause! The top 2 percent wouldn't be effected as they are rich in t4c so! Spread the wealth!
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Like I said earlier , rank up materials require decent effort and it's really slow to take up a champ..total buzz kill ( if you manage to acquire a decent one In the first place)
  • OzFearUsOzFearUs Posts: 242 β˜…
    I will admit, I was very excited for this months quests. However, after completing all of the content, I am left with a sense of utter disappointment. All of those greater crystals and not a single 5* AG. I do not like all of the dependence on having good luck to get decent rewards. I will hopefully find next months EQ to be better, but as of this moment I am not looking forward to it.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    So boring. Still over a week until the new quest
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    YESSSSSS it is on repeat, I truly wish they would increase summoner levels already I have been level 60 for 41 months!!!!!!