**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is it just me or is Night crawler impossible to switch?

Eugene_VirtuosoEugene_Virtuoso Posts: 350
edited May 2019 in Strategy and Tips
As we all or most of us know, the 'switch trick' method of changing night crawler's combat stance was brought to light on the forums this or last month and not surprisingly 'fixed'. I just got wrecked mercilessly in Dungeons by a night crawler. Kabam honestly, how are we meant to switch him even when the traditional method of hitting into his block to switch his combat stance doesn't work anymore? When hitting into his block he will not switch because he somehow evades Every single time, while blocking which is a bit strange. Or is he meant to be impossible to switch as a defender/opponent?

Comments

• Options
    Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    I don't bother switching him anymore. Never finish your combo, dash out if he evades. You never have to take a hit.

Practice a lot. Trying to switch him kills your rhythm and you will likely get smashed.
  • Options
    BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    I dont have problem switching him the legit way.

The sooner in the fight you do it the better.

As the fight progress his evade and fury buff kicks in which makes him harder to switch and you will get wreck if you miss
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    I’m use ghost don’t need to worry for evade. But yeah the trick don’t try it.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Noticed no difference.
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    It wasn’t a bug though 😂. Want bug fixes like getting wrecked after sp3’s... def not a shady exploit to cost people revives, potions, and units for months.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    It's still possible to switch him without hitting his block but it's much harder to do.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Bear3 said:

That game mechanic meant fewer potions and revives bought so it became “a bug” all of a sudden.. like everything else that lowers profits.

That makes the arena the largest bug in the game. I'm pretty sure the arena single handedly allows players to spend less money on the game than all cost saving features combined.
  • Options
    Praetor_Zwei153Praetor_Zwei153 Posts: 56
    If you still can't switch nc in mid 2019 then you need to go play runescape or lego. Maybe connect 4
  • Options
    shashankchromeshashankchrome Posts: 84
    In the second last war of the season, I encountered an NC who refused to change his stance when I was hitting into his block. His stance timer just abruptly ended when I was hitting into his block,as soon as he was supposed to change it.
    No, he didn't let go his block, no I wasn't hitting him slowly in his block, the timer just ended.
    I'll try making a video of it and uploading it here as a proof.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

In the second last war of the season, I encountered an NC who refused to change his stance when I was hitting into his block. His stance timer just abruptly ended when I was hitting into his block,as soon as he was supposed to change it.
    No, he didn't let go his block, no I wasn't hitting him slowly in his block, the timer just ended.
    I'll try making a video of it and uploading it here as a proof.

This exactly is the only problem I see with nightcrawler atm.
  • Options
    I wasn’t the one who flagged your comment DNA FYI... the difference between making game mechanics which lower profits and calling them bugs and arena is arena you out in work for and many people spend lots of units on getting featured 5* champs. When there’s something being “exploited” which makes content easier it gets patched right away.... yet actual bugs like sp3 bug are left untouched for months. Must be an ongoing coincidence.😂
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    Bear3 said:

I wasn’t the one who flagged your comment DNA FYI... the difference between making game mechanics which lower profits and calling them bugs and arena is arena you out in work for and many people spend lots of units on getting featured 5* champs. When there’s something being “exploited” which makes content easier it gets patched right away.... yet actual bugs like sp3 bug are left untouched for months. Must be an ongoing coincidence.😂

It isn't a coincidence, it is just that it is not the coincidence you think it is. The problem with the statement that Kabam never fixes bugs that "help players" is that any "bug that helps players" that last long enough are explicitly defined by many players as "not bugs" it is just the way things are supposed to be. This happens all the time, there was a "helpful bug" in LoL and when it was fixed players complained that it shouldn't have been fixed because it had lasted long enough to be considered "normal." The issue with Drax and Mordo was described in that way, as was the issue with passive stun for Archangel. Many bugs that are considered "helpful to players" don't get fixed quickly, they linger and then get addressed only much later. But instead of saying that sometimes Kabam does drag their feet when fixing bugs that help players, players complain that Kabam should have left it alone because once it sticks around for a while it should be considered "correct" behavior.

Basically, when it "helps players" Kabam fixes it quickly, except when they don't. They fix bugs that "hurt players" slowly, except when they don't.

And that doesn't consider the fact that many bugs that are supposed to be "helpful" to players are actually harmful to the vast majority of players. For example, whenever there's some bug that allows a tiny minority of players to gain more rewards than they should, that's considered a bug that "helps players." But it doesn't. It helps a few players, but in the process it hurts many others. That's because the game balances content and reward earning around averages. Players that use exploits to gain a huge advantage over all other players are indirectly hurting those players, because all other players' relative performance is now lower compared to the average. Fixing these bugs quickly actually benefits the vast majority of players in the long run, but Kabam gets blamed for fixing "bugs that help players" quickly instead.

Players have been talking about this "coincidence" for as long as I've been on the forums. Years ago I put it to the test by starting a thread challenging anyone to try to prove it. Overall, no one was able to come up with a list of bugs fixed that showed a bias: for every such bug it was possible to come up with lots of other similar bugs with the reverse pattern. It is not an exercise I have any interest in repeating, because this is an area where the evidence-based thinkers don't need convincing, and everyone else can't be.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    I always hated battling night crawler he is like og spidey on steroids
  • Options
    That still hurts the players though. Ranking up drax as a good counter for mordo for instance (I wouldn’t but an example) it’s not like there’s a pop up warning saying “btw just know if you rank up drax at some point he won’t work well for mordo because he’s currently not working as intended”. You join a game, play with the champions provided and assume their mechanics will stay ESPECIALLY after months or years. Just saying players shouldn’t have to pay in units, resources or otherwise because bugs were released and they won’t fix it or compensate for it in a timely manner. I understand what you’re saying though. Appreciate your thoughts.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Bear3 said:

That still hurts the players though. Ranking up drax as a good counter for mordo for instance (I wouldn’t but an example) it’s not like there’s a pop up warning saying “btw just know if you rank up drax at some point he won’t work well for mordo because he’s currently not working as intended”. You join a game, play with the champions provided and assume their mechanics will stay ESPECIALLY after months or years. Just saying players shouldn’t have to pay in units, resources or otherwise because bugs were released and they won’t fix it or compensate for it in a timely manner. I understand what you’re saying though. Appreciate your thoughts.

There's no ability that drax has to bypass mordo's evade though, it's not like he has a coldsnap which prevents evade or anything.
  • Options
    Yes his double hit medium is why he bypassed it. First hit triggered it and second hit was an intercept of sorts. So that theory you put forth isn’t correct. Appreciate your thoughts though :)