**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Should the Black Order be Villains

124»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    No
    Ghosty64 said:

Drooped2 said:

Beliefs are alot.like feelings without facts they dont mean anything

I just want them to explain HOW they are mercenaries
    They never receive payment from what I understand
    They follow thanks becausE of his idealogoy not money I think
    I want a formal explanation
    Drooped2 said:

However people were presenting definitions as an arguments
    Definitions are facts
    Definitions are facts when discussing issues that relate to real-world subjects. Definitions pertaining to a Mobile Game filled with imaginary creatures and people with superpowers, not so much.
  • Ghosty64Ghosty64 Posts: 171
    edited June 2019

Ghosty64 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Definitions are facts
    Definitions are facts when discussing issues that relate to real-world subjects. Definitions pertaining to a Mobile Game filled with imaginary creatures and people with superpowers, not so much.
    Definitions explaining what a hero or villain is still fact
    This isn’t a twisted universe where up is down and black is white
    No
    Ghosty64 said:

You're missing the point of what I'm saying. Their only purpose is to serve Thanos. He's the Villain. In any event, there is more to the game than Blade.

This is...fairly obviously silly logic. Servants of the bad guys are usually, in stories and in life guilty by association.

I do agree though that the ruckus here is, really, ultimately, about Blade. But so what if it is? When Corvus and Proxima came out not tagged as Villains there was a lot of frustration about this for that very reason. Kabaam did a decent job dealing with Blade as the OP Meta character not by nerfing him to the ground (like some of the 12.0 top champs) but by coming out with good counters.

I do think though that not labeling Black Order characters as villains, in the context of countering Blade, was just lazy though. They're obviously Villains...good grief they're villains because they serve a villain. Ebony Maw, for instance, at least in the MCU seems any but a drone. He fully embraces Thanos's mission. He seems like a pretty smart guy (squid) who wants what the Villain wants. Anyway, to say folks like them are not villains is kind of like saying only the bosses in any crime outfit are really criminals, etc.
    We're not talking about the definition of a villain. We're talking about within the context of the game, and the Movie itself. By that logic, any bad guy should get the Tag. The Black Order aren't the central villains. That's Thanos. It's not a Court of Law. We're not trying their actions. The game doesn't revolve around Blade, and not all Champs that are "bad guys" will be Tagged as Villains. They're Tagged as something else, and that's their call to make. I'm sure there will be other Tags that don't make sense to us, but ultimately it's their decision. They along with Marvel, decide what attributes and mechanics these Champs get within the game, and that doesn't have to make sense within logic. Just the game. There are more things to consider when balancing Champs than just logic. In this case, I agree they're not THE villains. That is Thanos.
    Doesn’t matter if they are not still THE villains they are still bad guys and should be classified as villains
    So nazis aren’t THE villain during WW2 only Hitler is because he is the leader?
    Flawed logic IMO
    The thing is I want an official statement explaining why they are not classified as villains
    No speculation
    Shouldn’t be hard
    You want an official statement explaining what? They chose to Tag them as something else because game and stuff. That's about it. It doesn't have to coincide with every logical angle.
    No
    Ghosty64 said:

Ghosty64 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Definitions are facts
    Definitions explaining what a hero or villain is a fact
    Defining them doesn't mean they get the Tag.

Ghosty64 said:

You're missing the point of what I'm saying. Their only purpose is to serve Thanos. He's the Villain. In any event, there is more to the game than Blade.

This is...fairly obviously silly logic. Servants of the bad guys are usually, in stories and in life guilty by association.

I do agree though that the ruckus here is, really, ultimately, about Blade. But so what if it is? When Corvus and Proxima came out not tagged as Villains there was a lot of frustration about this for that very reason. Kabaam did a decent job dealing with Blade as the OP Meta character not by nerfing him to the ground (like some of the 12.0 top champs) but by coming out with good counters.

I do think though that not labeling Black Order characters as villains, in the context of countering Blade, was just lazy though. They're obviously Villains...good grief they're villains because they serve a villain. Ebony Maw, for instance, at least in the MCU seems any but a drone. He fully embraces Thanos's mission. He seems like a pretty smart guy (squid) who wants what the Villain wants. Anyway, to say folks like them are not villains is kind of like saying only the bosses in any crime outfit are really criminals, etc.
    We're not talking about the definition of a villain. We're talking about within the context of the game, and the Movie itself. By that logic, any bad guy should get the Tag. The Black Order aren't the central villains. That's Thanos. It's not a Court of Law. We're not trying their actions. The game doesn't revolve around Blade, and not all Champs that are "bad guys" will be Tagged as Villains. They're Tagged as something else, and that's their call to make. I'm sure there will be other Tags that don't make sense to us, but ultimately it's their decision. They along with Marvel, decide what attributes and mechanics these Champs get within the game, and that doesn't have to make sense within logic. Just the game. There are more things to consider when balancing Champs than just logic. In this case, I agree they're not THE villains. That is Thanos.
    Doesn’t matter if they are not still THE villains they are still bad guys and should be classified as villains
    Flawed logic IMO
    The thing is I want an official statement explaining why they are not classified as villains
    No speculation
    Shouldn’t be hard
    You want an official statement explaining what? They chose to Tag them as something else because game and stuff. That's about it. It doesn't have to coincide with every logical angle.
    I can criticize something that I find kind of stupid
    So if I like things to coincide with “every logical angle” I can
  • Marlo_Mike33Marlo_Mike33 Posts: 193
    Ghosty64 said:

Flawed logic IMO
    No speculation
    Shouldn’t be hard
    Jus let it go man, you'll never get one. I'd be lying to myself if I even believed Marvel cared about what tags they put on a character.

Ghosty64 said:

Ghosty64 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Definitions are facts
    Definitions explaining what a hero or villain is a fact
    Defining them doesn't mean they get the Tag.
    But it helps to prove someone’s argument and match someone’s actions more closely with the proper definition
    No
    Ghosty64 said:

Ghosty64 said:

Flawed logic IMO
    No speculation
    Shouldn’t be hard
    Forgive me. I must have absent-mindedly forgotten to include logic concerning magical flying Aliens looking for Primordial Stones on behalf of their Master who is trying to snap a mystical glove and destroy half of existence. Yes, in the game filled with Pixels where you fight numerous times and come back to life, they should absolutely keep logic paramount.
    -.-

Ghosty64 said:

Ghosty64 said:

Flawed logic IMO
    No speculation
    Shouldn’t be hard
    Forgive me. I must have absent-mindedly forgotten to include logic concerning magical flying Aliens looking for Primordial Stones on behalf of their Master who is trying to snap a mystical glove and destroy half of existence. Yes, in the game filled with Pixels where you fight numerous times and come back to life, they should absolutely keep logic paramount.
    -.-
    Wow you are really funny
    Maybe there is some hidden lore I don’t know about
    Maybe thanos bought their service
    Who fricking knows
    But they are villains
    Classifying them properly doesn’t even make a difference in game
    So what’s the big deal
  • Marlo_Mike33Marlo_Mike33 Posts: 193
    edited June 2019
    It would make them easier targets for Blade users, thus the whole reason for them not having the villain tag, to me anyway. I mean if you're a villain in the movies and a villain in the comix... Some tweeners could have been argued like Venom even Magneto and Doc Ock have been on the good side sometimes, but the Black Order... I'm done on this subject though. Just roll with the game man
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Yes
    FR33_HUG5 said:

Mercenaries are villains out for a paycheque. They may or may not share their employers values; but they’ll continue to serve so long as they are adequately compensated.

Take Taskmaster for example. In the comics he was once an agent for shield. Now he sells his services to highest bidder. He doesn’t care if you are a despot or a benevolent person that champions the weak and downtrodden. Pay him and he’ll do whatever you ask.

By this logic, the Black Order should be villains because they are zealots, not just hired muscle.

At the same time, they aren't the main villain. We need a new tag. 'Zealot' or 'Minion' perhaps?
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    They should stay mercenaries
    The whole crew needs a new classification

#AmbitiousMalthusian
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    edited June 2019
    No
    It is a balance item. They still sprinkle new villains tags into game for blade but occasionally will avoid placing on others for balance

If it makes you happy you can view Thanos Army as villains... a subset that danger sense doesn’t work on unless it’s a mystic and you have mystic danger sense or Thanos himself
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Yes
    BabyMiike said:

What actual difference does it make if theyre tagged villains? 🤔🤔

Blade Because Then Why does Tags matter at all
    Yes, bcs Venom and Nick Fury don't use tags at all...

It is a balance item. They still sprinkle new villains tags into game for blade but occasionally will avoid placing on others for balance

If it makes you happy you can view Thanos Army as villains... a subset that danger sense doesn’t work on unless it’s a mystic and you have mystic danger sense or Thanos himself

If there not labeling them properly because there don’t want blade (1 character out of like 130+) to be OP (a mechanic that they made) against them that’s really dishonest and kind of scummy
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Yup, kbm’s game, kbm’s rules. They cant nerf blade or any other champs directly after the great fallout of 12.0. So workarounds must be done to sort of limit or counter the OP champs.