**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Continue to Explore the Battlerealm with Carina in Act 6 Chapter 2!

Comments

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Haha too many details asked guys.

Just be patient and wait for it to drop. 😊😊

Sorry haha just 1 more question in 6:2:2 what’s their health like
    Hm... LOL range, thereabouts. 😬😬
    Not gonna lie is prefer that could use basically any champ without activating the incinerate
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Haha too many details asked guys.

Just be patient and wait for it to drop. 😊😊

Sorry haha just 1 more question in 6:2:2 what’s their health like
    Hm... LOL range, thereabouts. 😬😬
    You hav me a good chok ther. Hop it just or joke. Els I’m migt hold of a long time to do them I’m pretty sure it wil stay arund 400k alest the boss
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    xNig said:

Hahhaa. Like I said, too much info isn’t too good at times. Just wait for it to drop.

Tbh health isn’t the main concern especially when testing content. It’s mainly whether the fight is “doable”, or whether it’s too narrowly countered with too few champs, or whether the nodes + champ combinations are outright BS.

Take for example in 6.1, the infamous Buffed Up path. In the beta, there was a Morningstar on that path (good luck finding champs with 3 buffs that are bleed immune), followed by a Sig 200 Dr Strange with Buffed Up AND Shatter, which deals 1.3-1.6k (iirc) damage per buff nullified (nothing I’ve tried got past him. There was a SymSup after him as well, with Pilfer Regen).

Feedback was given about how hard and impossible it was, and they were removed or tuned down significantly. What I’m saying is, fights in all content are tuned to be clearable, and some are purposely tuned to be very very challenging yet doable IF you have the knowledge and the roster to do so.

I’ve tested all the 6* gated paths (as requested specifically by the beta team) and found that they were manageable and not designed to drain your units, which was also my basis for counterargument in the Class Gate thread when people were calling it a moneygrab and game-ending move.

Hence, just chill, wait for 6.2 to drop, then try it out. If you have an issue with it right when it drops, wait awhile before attempting it again.

Permanent content is permanent. Also, with most end game players having more than 5x 5* R5s, the need to 100% it immediately drops drastically as the increment in prestige from the rewards might be relatively insignificant.

I really appreciate all the info you've provided and your insight into this upcoming content. You have indeed gave away too many details already, in my opinion. Everyone should stop asking for more. Less than two weeks left. Be patient, folks.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Hahhaa. Like I said, too much info isn’t too good at times. Just wait for it to drop.

Tbh health isn’t the main concern especially when testing content. It’s mainly whether the fight is “doable”, or whether it’s too narrowly countered with too few champs, or whether the nodes + champ combinations are outright BS.

Take for example in 6.1, the infamous Buffed Up path. In the beta, there was a Morningstar on that path (good luck finding champs with 3 buffs that are bleed immune), followed by a Sig 200 Dr Strange with Buffed Up AND Shatter, which deals 1.3-1.6k (iirc) damage per buff nullified (nothing I’ve tried got past him. There was a SymSup after him as well, with Pilfer Regen).

Feedback was given about how hard and impossible it was, and they were removed or tuned down significantly. What I’m saying is, fights in all content are tuned to be clearable, and some are purposely tuned to be very very challenging yet doable IF you have the knowledge and the roster to do so.

I’ve tested all the 6* gated paths (as requested specifically by the beta team) and found that they were manageable and not designed to drain your units, which was also my basis for counterargument in the Class Gate thread when people were calling it a moneygrab and game-ending move.

Hence, just chill, wait for 6.2 to drop, then try it out. If you have an issue with it right when it drops, wait awhile before attempting it again.

Permanent content is permanent. Also, with most end game players having more than 5x 5* R5s, the need to 100% it immediately drops drastically as the increment in prestige from the rewards might be relatively insignificant.

Love all this information you hav given so far do with this being said I’m wil wait the last 2 and half week to it drop and aw if my roster can do it if not just hav to wait for my roster get larger. I’m sure I’m can one way truget it
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Too much expectation on rewards. Similar to a4 and A5, the real rewards are in Act exploration.
    Gamer said:

xNig said:

Love all this information you hav given so far do with this being said I’m wil wait the last 2 and half week to it drop and aw if my roster can do it if not just hav to wait for my roster get larger. I’m sure I’m can one way truget it
    Thanks. Imo, initial completion shouldn’t be too tough as some of the boss fights were most likely tuned down very significantly. All the best when the content drops. 😊
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Too much expectation on rewards. Similar to a4 and A5, the real rewards are in Act exploration.

But not really...

Acts 4/5 didn't have champion requirements that said a good portion of the players champs can't be used.

And clearing individual chapters in Act 5 gave rewards comparable to the bigger individual events of those days. Example: 5.3 gave a 5* AG crystals, which is arguably better (I wouldn't make this argument but some could and have valid reason for doing so)than any of the rewards for 6.2. 6.2 sounds exponentially more challenging than Variant 2, with some significantly lesser rewards. A 5* AG and a 5* 4-5 gem are better than anything we get from 6.2.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    xNig said:

Actually:
    MCOC Team said:

We’re doing things a little different for Act 6. Instead of putting a majority of the Rewards in Act Completion and Exploration, we’re going to be redistributing a big portion of those rewards throughout the Chapter rewards, so those of you that are finishing them as they come can make use of those Rewards earlier.

Personally, I'm fine with the chapter rewards for Act 6 so far. But Kabam has signalled that they are higher than you'd expect if Act 6 was designed in the same way as Act 5, and the final Act rewards will be lower than you'd expect compared to the individual chapter rewards.
    DalBot said:

xNig said:

But not really...

Acts 4/5 didn't have champion requirements that said a good portion of the players champs can't be used.

And clearing individual chapters in Act 5 gave rewards comparable to the bigger individual events of those days. Example: 5.3 gave a 5* AG crystals, which is arguably better (I wouldn't make this argument but some could and have valid reason for doing so)than any of the rewards for 6.2. 6.2 sounds exponentially more challenging than Variant 2, with some significantly lesser rewards. A 5* AG and a 5* 4-5 gem are better than anything we get from 6.2.
    Yeah. Makes sense when you argue it this way.

Tbh I feel that Variant 2 was well designed but the rewards were a tad too generous for how simple the overall quest is. That being said, V2's rewards were mainly class specific (rng dependent) and allowed you to only use them on 5*s.

6.2 however, gives generic rank up materials that can be used on 6*s as well. So I guess there's a trade-off there. In addition, people exploring 6.2 should mostly be at the stage where they have a very advanced 5* roster and working on developing their 6*s.

My view is that from a dev design perspective, for those who are able to explore 6.2, a 5* AG might not be an appropriate reward, unlike when 5.3 was released and everyone capable of exploring it was working on developing their 5* rosters. This also (maybe) paves the way for a 6* AG as a reward for 6.3 exploration.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    xNig said:

Tbh I feel that Variant 2 was well designed but the rewards were a tad too generous for how simple the overall quest is.

I think Variant 2's rewards do seem a little higher than I would expect, but that does sometimes happen with end game content. I think the fairer comparison is Act 6s rewards to Act 5s rewards, and there I think Act 6 has rewards much more in-line with progressional step up in general. In fact, Act 6's chapter rewards seem comparable (not necessarily equal to, but of a similar tier) to Act 5's act rewards. That's a significant escalation in rewards.

Whether it is appropriate for difficulty is more tricky to answer, firstly because difficulty is subjective to a degree, and secondly because there's no way to actually know how difficult the content will ultimately be at release. The example of 6.1 makes that clear.
    xNig said:

They said most the rewards were gonna be in the chapters so I kinda agree the rewards are a bit lackluster considering this is probably gonna be variant 1 tier difficulty
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    ..... Did Backblast get buffed? It's now 3% rather than 5%
  • Clydania said:

Looking into this right now.

Clydania said:

Looking into this right now.
    Ye it’s 3%
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    Why are the PI's listed lower than what is in game right now? They are 50K PI, not the stated:

Quest 1
    Paths: ~24,000-30,000 PI
    Boss: ~50,000 PI

So, more bugs?
    AndiYTDE said:

Uh... This Mister Sinister seems to be extremely niché. You need a champion that creates furies, is Poison + Shock immune and ideally doesn´t do many crits...

He's already been nerfed. =)
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

Uh... This Mister Sinister seems to be extremely niché. You need a champion that creates furies, is Poison + Shock immune and ideally doesn´t do many crits...

What does he do now?

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

What does he do now?
    Erm... Become easier to kill? lol
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

What does he do now?
    I mean what did they change?

xNig said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

What does he do now?
    I mean what did they change?
    Instead of Caustic Temper, it was Buffed Up in the Beta.