**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Uncollected yellow jacket glancing corvus

RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
How is yellow jacket glancing Corvus garunteed critical hits?

Comments

• Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,505 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

In most cases in the game, "cannot" will always beat "always". Corvus always Crits, but you can never Crit on glancing. In this case, Never wins.

Care to clarify? What are instances when cannot does not beat always?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    So for "Particle Protector" This defender has 85% chance to Glance attacks. Glancing Hits CANNOT be critical.

Does this imply that
    1) If the attack was critical and glanced then it is no longer
    2) If the attack was critical it cannot be glanced
  • Options
    Raganator said:

In most cases in the game, "cannot" will always beat "always". Corvus always Crits, but you can never Crit on glancing. In this case, Never wins.

Care to clarify? What are instances when cannot does not beat always?
    Yeah, I guess that's not crystal clear. This was a conversation that came up because of the Particle Protector in Variant 2. At that point, we hadn't made it explicit that Cannot beats Always. We went back to look for other cases where something like this might exist, but couldn't find any.

If you find some that exist in the future, please let us know.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Rotelly said:

So for "Particle Protector" This defender has 85% chance to Glance attacks. Glancing Hits CANNOT be critical.

Does this imply that

85% for an attack to be glanced. If it is glanced, it can not be crit.
  • Options

Rotelly said:

Does this imply that

Way to re-type my post
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    So... 60% of the time, it works every time and the only absolute is that nothing is absolute. Except for a few things TBD.
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Well in the past, Corvus has crit ant man while glancing, it has still crit but just did less damage
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    85%? Lmao please YJ glanced 100% with each attack. It made me cringe watching seatin fight YJ that i had to skip the fight
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Rotelly said:

Rotelly said:

Does this imply that

Way to re-type my post
    Then it's what you described as option 1, except it doesnt need to be crit in order to be glanced
  • Options
    bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Don't care the change BUT why the hell Corvus will still lose the glaive charge when he doesn't inflict crits?
    That's blatantly offensive to corvus and to players that like to use him.
    @Kabam Zibiit try to answer that. Oh what? You want proves? I'll give it you and when you have seen it, when you guys gonna fix it? In the next update which is like a month later?
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

Drooped2 said:

zeezee57 said:

Drooped2 said:

Me thinky this is another guaranteed crit “nerf”

Ehh this has existed awhile.

Only one I can think of that didnt break this standard was aa stunning stun immunes but that was a *bug*
    Which seemed like a pretty obvious bug but hey people still got mad it was fixed
    This hasn't existed a while though. Up until this update when Corvus would glance against an opponent he would still crit, only the damage would be lower because of the glance. Now he's not critting at all and still losing crit charges as though he were.
    Man I'm just not seeing how every tiny thing raises such a issue. It's not a big deal
    .Again he went from critting with lower damage due to glancing to not critting at all and still losing his crit charges. If the glancing is stopping him from critting then why are the charges being depleted instead of remaining for use on the hits that don't glance? I don't see how that's the proper interaction here or how anyone could come to that conclusion.
    Read his abilities, every time he hits with his glaive he consumes a charge, that is the trigger not the crit.

@Drooped2 Every issue is a big deal due to outrage/call-out culture. It’s disturbing.
  • Options
    Chris_118Chris_118 Posts: 28
    edited June 2019
    It's not just the yellow jacket fight either, I've just had it against antman, he glanced the hit and it wasn't a crit, where as in previous antman fights it would alway crit just with less damage.

I'm not too bothered about the change, although as a corvus user and the fact this node is more common now it is annoying, but kabam changing interactions without telling us gets more frustrating every time.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Markg25 said:

Another mini nerf = another step back from spending 👍🏼 Cheers @Kabam Miike

💸💸💸💸

I’ve already finished UC not a major problem but these tiny sneaky little changes are becoming all to regular now ...

The only reason they are added is to squeeze money from the player, most not realising 🤤

This games becoming less and less skill based ...

Shame really 👎🏼

What skill does causing a small amount of Crit through Glancing involve? Lol.
This discussion has been closed.