**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hood's Invisibility Cloak

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
I was playing with Hood in arena today and was thinking, "Why doesn't his invisibility work 100% of the time?" When you think about it, it really makes no sense that you can get hit... I mean, he's invisible! I think it would be a small but great change if attacks missed him while invisible 100% of the time. It would make a mediocre champs just a bit better and way more fun to play with.

Also... If Hood's cloak is one of the Deathly Hallows then there really is no way he should be able to be hit while invisible... Food for thought.

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Well the only champion that can hit Hood while invisible 100% of the time is Daredevil, for obvious reasons. I like Hood aswell. Hes underrated. He could be alot better with those improvements you suggested however
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    A-why would it have anything to do with Harry Potter
    B-you can still hit something that’s invisible
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

He becomes INVISIBLE, not INTANGIBLE.
    You can still hit and touch an invisible object/person

Lvernon15 said:

A-why would it have anything to do with Harry Potter
    B-you can still hit something that’s invisible

Yeah, yeah, I understand the difference... My point is other champs like Invisible Woman who have a similar invisibility mechanic avoid hits 100% of the time, Hood should also. It wouldn't be game breaking because Hood already is mediocre at best.

The Harry Potter thing was just a joke by the way...

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,758 ★★★★★
    Then it would be a suggestion to buff his ability, not a question of "why" can't he do it.

Then it would be a suggestion to buff his ability, not a question of "why" can't he do it.

I'm sorry my wording didn't meet your standards... The two things can be one and the same. My wording was meant as a rhetorical question. And you'll notice directly following my "question" I suggested a "buff to his ability." Not sure why we have to be all trippy about the wording.
    It's just the way the game works. Despite the same ability exists across many champions, not all them have the same values. This isn't different.

It's just the way the game works. Despite the same ability exists across many champions, not all them have the same values. This isn't different.

Yes I know that, but that doesn't mean we can't make suggestions... If Hood was to be recreated now, I guarantee you his invisibility would have 100% for incoming attacks to miss.
  • Ghosty64Ghosty64 Posts: 171

Shouldn’t all invisibility not be a 100% chance to miss
    Why does invisible woman have a 100% chance to miss and not hood
    In reality, I don’t care
    But Logic
  • PIZZATIMEPIZZATIME Posts: 307
    Ghosty64 said:

In reality, I don’t care
    But Logic
    Cuz IW has a secret force field along with invisibility while The Hood is just wearing a hoodie
    PIZZATIME said:

Ghosty64 said:

In reality, I don’t care
    But Logic
    Cuz IW has a secret force field along with invisibility while The Hood is just wearing a hoodie
    Man I'm not going to get used to her abbreviation. I was like "Infinity War...?"
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    What would have been cool is if his unique synergy with ghost allowed him to have 100% chance for all attacks to miss. That would be dope. Way more useful than just starting off invisible.
    Ghosty64 said:

In reality, I don’t care
    But Logic
    Yeh, logic says invisibility doesn't mean 100% miss.
    In fiction, some invisibility abilities are powerful than other's. Some of them don't hide everything away, some of them work better while not moving, etc.
    I assume that in this game some invisibilities aren't perfect, like other abilities aren't 100% perfect as well
    GNASTY said:

What would have been cool is if his unique synergy with ghost allowed him to have 100% chance for all attacks to miss. That would be dope. Way more useful than just starting off invisible.

Agreed, that would be more useful, seeing as going invisible is quite easy to do at the start anyways.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

I'm sorry my wording didn't meet your standards... The two things can be one and the same. My wording was meant as a rhetorical question. And you'll notice directly following my "question" I suggested a "buff to his ability." Not sure why we have to be all trippy about the wording.
    Because it matters. If t-you're suggesting a buff, then this is in the wrong forum and there's a thread to collect all buffs (so Kabam doesn't have to scroll through the forums looking for buffs).

That being said, if all attacks miss while invisible, it would become OP. I think his chance needs a boost (from 40% to 60%) but not all the way to 100%.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    GNASTY said:

Then you don't know how you should play him. Starting invisible means you don't have to dash back and hold the block, missing the opportunity to gain the upper hand. If timed correctly, you can chain invisibility after invisibility.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I mean, it's a game with Dimensional beings Fighting talking Racoons so I don't think logic can be applied here. If the developers wanted 'invisibility' to be 'intagibility', they can very well do it.

That's why some characters have a 100% chance to miss while Hood doesn't, it's a nice suggestion though, it might make the character a bit more exciting.