**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

First 5* R5 - Difficult Choice - Corvus/Omega/CapIW/Blade/Voodoo

Hey guys,

I'll be able to take up my first R5 soon and need some help deciding on the best choice. My options are Corvus, Omega, Cap IW, Blade, and Voodoo all awakened. I also have an Aegon, Void and Ghost unawakened. But I don't like Ghost.

What I still need to do:
100% Explore Act 5 (been working on it since I completed it), Variants, Act 6, LoL.

So I'm looking for advice on champs that can help with those the most while still showing improvement in my usual gameplay which is the monthly quest. Here are the cons I figure for each champ.

Cons for Corvus: The game is clearly trying to nerf him (glancing nodes, new champ abilities etc). Still possible to get him 6* and since he doesn't need high sig i could r2 him and it would be a waste to r5 him now. Wondering if the R4 to R5 difference is enough to justify the choice.

Cons for Omega: I don't currently use suicides, not sure if my usual 5 (the 4/55s mentioned) are suicide friendly. Need to improve on his aggressive style playstyle as it still occasionally costs me.

Cons for Cap IW: Main playstyle comes from being able to stun, which I notice is going down in the harder content. No immunities.

Cons for Blade: I don't have Spark or GR as even a 4* for synergies, without them its hard to justify R5'ing Blade over the other options.

Cons for Voodoo: Serves my need for him fine as 4/55, he's not my main attacker as the other 4 can be, so again. be hard to justify.

So yeah, looking for advice/comments from people that maybe have most of/some of these champs and have completed lots of content. Its between Corvus, Omega, and Cap for me, and I currently use Corvus more than anybody else. Looking for comments regarding the R4 to R5 of these champs, Corvus especially, as well.

Thanks guys!

First 5* R5 - Difficult Choice - Corvus/Omega/CapIW/Blade/Voodoo 67 votes

Corvus Glaive (Sig 60)
16%
Solrac_2MCoC_fanCUBWozzy101SquishyjrThe_4THDrooped2Ægon0710KlashdIAmConfuciusTurfTalkDidyEbbi1289 11 votes
Omega Red (Sig 180)
38%
DrOctavius2_2Chriz4061NyaleFrostyKDoggg2017Furion17CliffordcanMfurthRoOOtsMy_SuperiorVoodoomooPeterQuillPan_Ch1t0TO_BeatzBear3MoudouPin_the_AvengerPGT17FhfjghhggggjfhfjgpeasantLoctiteSuperGlue 26 votes
Cap IW (Sig 160)
25%
DrownedGodTerraGreifmaster911StingerbkToxicBlade10or_Strongzeezee57R_Man_Do18TehsigzorzTheSpicyKnightHfchangDose_ResponsiveFred_JoeityBLACKMILKTEA_88FreeToPlay_21Spidergwen73Prakhar_82 17 votes
Blade (Sig 106)
11%
Spity68PrathapX_Factor_AgentGautam91Suguchi_AffuAaronc94LegionnaireAsis900 8 votes
Dr. Voodoo (Sig 110)
2%
mixalisplayInkvajt 2 votes
Wait for Aegon or Void Awakenings
4%
TheTAbyssdiegobdias84Jleodav 3 votes

Comments

• HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    About Omega, I have a duped sig 130 5* R5 one. I absolutely love him. However, I run full suicides and I pair him with Sabretooth (30% faster to create death spores and slower for opponent to drop them). Because you don't run suicides, if I were you I would not consider him to R5. You can still use him on biohazard, caltrops or bleed nodes, as you (most certainly) know, but I would R5 other champion.

I don't have a Corvus or Cap IW, so I won't vote.
  • ChuckiesolChuckiesol Posts: 63
    Thanks for your valuable comment! @HENRIQUE_FORTE
  • Furion17Furion17 Posts: 267
    Omega Red (Sig 180)
    Dupe omega red means damage of Archangel with regeneration of ghost rider...
    A bang on utility with poison immune and bleed negative means get more healing when he is bleeding.
    A little bit power control from his sp3
    And best counter for some of very annoying Champion like korg...
    Go for it....
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Cap IW (Sig 160)
    Without suicides, OR’s damage goes down significantly, but it’s still ok. I voted for Cap though, since there’s not that many cons associated with him (stun immune isn’t used too much). As for Void and Aegon, I think they should be fine at rank 4 to be honest
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Omega Red (Sig 180)
    I have nearly all the champs in your poll at 4/55 or above and we are at a very similar point in clearing game content.
    I'd R5 my sig 200 Omega Red in 2 seconds if I had all of the resources. His DOT damage is ridiculous with suicides, so I run full suicides 24-7. (Of course, my Suicide Squad includes a 6* Corvus, a R5 Ghost, and a rotation of other champs like R5 Blade depending on need/utility).
    Having said that...I think you answered your own question in your post. If Corvus is who you use the most, he is probably the champ you will get the biggest return on your R5 investment. 🥳

Sidebar: Your roster is quite good. I used the same top champs you have to become Cavalier almost immediately, and Venom will be your MVP for Variant 2. Lastly, Aegon will crush LOL. (One of my officers used Aegon to clear all paths in 6 days).
    Rest assured, you have all the tools you need. It's all about ranking them up now. 👌
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Omega Red (Sig 180)
    I run suicides with omega, sabertooth, Corvus, and rotate the final 2... vision, hype, red hulk, arch angel, and occasionally blade. With suicides I rarely need more than omega and Corvus. Corvus handles the robots and ice men with ease and omega handles everything else. So I voted omega.. worth the r5 and worth running suicides for.
  • CoBfan1987CoBfan1987 Posts: 231
    Agree with Peterquill

I've had an r5 Corvus for a while and all eqs are easy with him. And I just pulled a 6* Corvus so now I can have one in war and quest at the same time which is nice
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Cap IW (Sig 160)
    My CapIW at 4 40 cleared most of Act 5 while exploring so I am sure your rank 5 will make quick work. CapIW is also great for 6.1 and is much more reliable(parrying and block dmg). Also he does have immunities if you put a skill on the team.
  • RFCatRFCat Posts: 2
    Naive question....suicides? I don't understand what that refers to.
  • R_Man_Do18R_Man_Do18 Posts: 13
    Cap IW (Sig 160)
    I had both CapIW and Omega at R4. Went for Cap and couldn't be happier.

For Omega, I don't run suicides which he benefits a lot from and he hits with a pillow, his damage relies on the spores. You have to be super aggressive and as you said, it can cost you.

As for CapIW, his sig ability gives you a lot of utilities depending on the class of the champs in your team. I usually have a tech (SSE) and skill (Blade). He can also take block damage like crazy, which translates in kinetic charges, which also translates to more damage. About the ability to stun, you don't need to rely on parry to activate his fury. His heavy attack is very friendly when it comes to counter the enemy's heavy, so it's very doable. His SP2 with kinetic charges and fury... Ufff 95k-ish if it crits.
  • ChuckiesolChuckiesol Posts: 63
    @KDoggg2017 @R_Man_Do18 thanks for the detailed insight!

And thanks everybody else for giving their two cents... but its making the decision harder haha.