**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Empty tiles sending buffs in wars?

2»

Comments

• Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    I love how people say “it’s just visual” when they have absolutely no clue. It’s a new map, you didn’t create it, you are just assuming... the all knowing thing when you’re clueless has long gotten old.
  • I've asked the team to look into this. We'll update you when we have more information.
  • Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    edited June 2019
    Crine60 said:

Romo790 said:

MetalJake said:

Yes. It's normal. I've been in a retirement alliance with some friends and we used to run aw. We were running with 5 people in 1 battle group vs full battle groups of 10. We ended up getting some hilarious wins because the other alliances did not realize that they still needed to clear nodes that didn't have defenders on them. We would sit back and watch the kills add up and enjoyed some truly epic victories.
    That has never been the case in my AW play. If a node that has outgoing links didn't have a defender on it the outgoing link effect wouldn't be active.
    It might be different now since we quit running aw. We quit running aw when diversity was introduced because that made it impossible for us to win wars against alliances with full battle groups. Before diversity I can say for sure that if an empty tile was not cleared those link nodes were active
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,582 Guardian
    Before Diversity ?? well that must have been a very long time ago (lot of changes since).

Maybe the Wins were coming because Explore Points (and now Attack Bonus Points too) would indeed need to travel thru all those empty nodes. Maybe they would just leave empty paths alone and double/triple up on others. That would result in them missing out on a whole lot of points (not because they were getting Killed against nodes that had “phantom supports”still on them).
  • Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139

Before Diversity ?? well that must have been a very long time ago (lot of changes since).

Maybe the Wins were coming because Explore Points (and now Attack Bonus Points too) would indeed need to travel thru all those empty nodes. Maybe they would just leave empty paths alone and double/triple up on others. That would result in them missing out on a whole lot of points (not because they were getting Killed against nodes that had “phantom supports”still on them).

Yes. I didn't mean to imply that we won because they died more than us. they would fight with the nodes still up and eventually would give up trying because they couldn't figure out what was happening. So yes we won because of exploration and taking down their boss while they got stuck
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    This issue was resolved in the 24.1 update.