**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2 Mister Sinister [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180
    benshb said:

Actually I don't even have a 4 star heimdall or hela. I still beat sinister. Looks like you haven't fought him yourself

Then do you mind sharing who did you use?
    Captain marvel. A sufficiently ranked and boosted one might be able to get him down in 2 or 3 revives. Took me 8 because mine is only rank 4 and unduped

benshb said:

Actually I don't even have a 4 star heimdall or hela. I still beat sinister. Looks like you haven't fought him yourself

Captain marvel. A sufficiently ranked and boosted one might be able to get him down in 2 or 3 revives. Took me 8 because mine is only rank 4 and unduped
    I also messed up twice and didn't have nick fury with me so I spent a bit of time each fight getting to 25. So if you have him and you play perfectly which you guys throw around so much as an excuse to not need revives, I see her as a very viable option
  • Msyounus1288Msyounus1288 Posts: 221 ★★

benshb said:

Lol! The point of this entire post is not having to use revives if you don’t have heimdall+hela synergy. Congrats you blew revives on a fight because you don’t have the one champ required to be able to solo the fight. Everyone here already figured out they’ll need to use resources to get through him without heimdall nothing to brag about smh
    Drooped2 said:

benshb said:

I also messed up twice and didn't have nick fury with me so I spent a bit of time each fight getting to 25. So if you have him and you play perfectly which you guys throw around so much as an excuse to not need revives, I see her as a very viable option
    New captain correct? Ie your forum profile pic? I have old and new just clarifying data
    Yeah. Old cap might work too now that I think about it

benshb said:

Lol! The point of this entire post is not having to use revives if you don’t have heimdall+hela synergy. Congrats you blew revives on a fight because you don’t have the one champ required to be able to solo the fight. Everyone here already figured out they’ll need to use resources to get through him without heimdall nothing to brag about smh
    Really? What is your great one shot option assuming you did have the synergies? Do enlighten me
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

Have you tried it yet? r5 and hard hitting r4 champs trigger the 3% crit incinerate. Needing to bring three chaps just to beat the boss leaves you forced to bring r3 champs for the gated paths. That's really bad map design.

They made a map to counter Corvus and Ghost and in the process made one that most champs can't get through.

I had a theory during the beta of 0 points in the precision mastery working well for backblast nodes. Never tried it out 🤔

benshb said:

Really? What is your great one shot option assuming you did have the synergies? Do enlighten me
    Lol you must be new. With the heimdall + hela synergy you get an active fury buff. With that synergy you have multiple options to solo mr sinister. Gulk, quake, rulk, capiw, sentinel. If you’re used to blowing revives to get through content you might not understand what I’m trying to say here.
    I'm used to getting through content without whining about it. And those will only help you get completion. Most of that team won't be able to get past atleast one gate and capiw won't be able to get past most. People with the synergy team will get a slightly cheaper completion done but even they can't get full exploration until they decide to suck it up and go in with one stand alone champion.

benshb said:

Lol you must be new. With the heimdall + hela synergy you get an active fury buff. With that synergy you have multiple options to solo mr sinister. Gulk, quake, rulk, capiw, sentinel. If you’re used to blowing revives to get through content you might not understand what I’m trying to say here.
    And what are you saving the revives for? To decorate your grave?
    zeezee57 said:

benshb said:

I'm used to getting through content without whining about it. And those will only help you get completion. Most of that team won't be able to get past atleast one gate and capiw won't be able to get past most. People with the synergy team will get a slightly cheaper completion done but even they can't get full exploration until they decide to suck it up and go in with one stand alone champion.
    That's the entire point being made here. It's not about never using resources, it's about having to use them no matter how perfectly you play because of the node combos. Revives shouldn't be an absolute necessity for any fight, they should all have the possibility of a solo with perfect play on our end. Obviously we all make mistakes and play poorly at times and that's what revives are for imo. There shouldn't be a situation where barring having one specific champ you have to go into the fight with revives or units on hand.
    I understand and I'm not in support of cash grabs like this. But it is what it is. Has kabam ever taken feedback seriously? No, and they never will. So we should find the best solutions and weigh the value of the resources we get vs the revives we spend. If you don't think its worth it, don't do it. It's as simple as that.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

The worst part of the map is the 3% incinerate you get from crits. You need to bring 3 champs just to take the boss so you can only bring 2 other champs for the lanes. Add the gates and it's pretty awful. Just tried the skill path and Blade procked the incinerate in the first combo. Might have to bring low level champs just to get around that node.

There's quite a few incinerate immune champs in the game now. Just one should suffice to clear paths and you can bring 4 champs for the mister sinister
    No you can't. There are 4 gated paths.
    So? Do the ungated ones. And if you have such an issue with the gates the don't bother with the exploration. I'm doing this once and not looking back till I've done both variants and LOL because I know I don't have the roster needed to finish this with a reasonable amount of resources.
    I've already done completion and 100% everything else. I 100% have the roster to do any reasonable content with a reasonable amount of resources. Exploring 6.2.2 is not reasonable was it stands right now.
    If its unreasonable, by extension you don't have the roster 🤷‍♂️
    Yeah I totally don't have the roster. 31 6*s and 121 5*s just isn't cutting it.
    I fail to see how you can have 31 6*s and 121 5*s and not have a champ to handle it.
    Have you tried it yet? r5 and hard hitting r4 champs trigger the 3% crit incinerate. Needing to bring three chaps just to beat the boss leaves you forced to bring r3 champs for the gated paths. That's really bad map design.

They made a map to counter Corvus and Ghost and in the process made one that most champs can't get through.
    I fought the original version if that’s what you’re asking. You’re fighting the very much nerfed version in the current Live iteration.

Needing to bring 3 champs just to beat the boss and having you to bring other champs for the gated paths is the EXACT reason why it’s a roster check, for both depth and breadth. I still fail to see why, with so many 5 and 6*s, you cannot muster up a team to handle the challenges the map provides.
    Ugh, you just don't get it. Making a boss that forces you to bring two synergy champs AND adding a node that makes most good r5 and r4 champs unusable AND adding class/star gates is a terrible design.
    Or, from another perspective, good design to ensure people clearing it has a wide enough roster.

Not to mention the boss can be done without the 2 synergy champs you mentioned. Only issue right now is the interaction between Caustic and Sinister.
    Having to have ONE specific synergy team is terrible design and the exact opposite of having a diverse roster.
    Sigh. Again, I have listed at least 6 different champs who are;
    1. Poison immune
    2. Generate furies

You just refuse to accept them.

That ONE specific synergy team is not ESSENTIAL.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

The worst part of the map is the 3% incinerate you get from crits. You need to bring 3 champs just to take the boss so you can only bring 2 other champs for the lanes. Add the gates and it's pretty awful. Just tried the skill path and Blade procked the incinerate in the first combo. Might have to bring low level champs just to get around that node.

There's quite a few incinerate immune champs in the game now. Just one should suffice to clear paths and you can bring 4 champs for the mister sinister
    So? Do the ungated ones. And if you have such an issue with the gates the don't bother with the exploration. I'm doing this once and not looking back till I've done both variants and LOL because I know I don't have the roster needed to finish this with a reasonable amount of resources.
    I've already done completion and 100% everything else. I 100% have the roster to do any reasonable content with a reasonable amount of resources. Exploring 6.2.2 is not reasonable was it stands right now.
    I fail to see how you can have 31 6*s and 121 5*s and not have a champ to handle it.

I fought the original version if that’s what you’re asking. You’re fighting the very much nerfed version in the current Live iteration.

Needing to bring 3 champs just to beat the boss and having you to bring other champs for the gated paths is the EXACT reason why it’s a roster check, for both depth and breadth. I still fail to see why, with so many 5 and 6*s, you cannot muster up a team to handle the challenges the map provides.
    Ugh, you just don't get it. Making a boss that forces you to bring two synergy champs AND adding a node that makes most good r5 and r4 champs unusable AND adding class/star gates is a terrible design.
    Or, from another perspective, good design to ensure people clearing it has a wide enough roster.

Not to mention the boss can be done without the 2 synergy champs you mentioned. Only issue right now is the interaction between Caustic and Sinister.
    Having to have ONE specific synergy team is terrible design and the exact opposite of having a diverse roster.
    1. Poison immune
    2. Generate furies

Cmon dude. You're asking him to use revives. How outlandish. Each revive in his inventory gives his champions an additional 10% attack. Why would he use them regardless of how difficult the content is?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

1. Poison immune
    2. Generate furies

Dont forget the shock immune. That shock will eat you alive.
    Read all the replies since I posted yesterday.

The mentality of “needing the most optimal setup” is a very dangerous. For the Sinister fight, it’s Gulk + Heimdall + Angela/Hela. Gates will more or less make this combination impossible for exploration. So eventually, people will still need champs that are able to take him down solo.

This is why 6.2 is a roster check. You might not have a Heimdall now, it still can be completed with other champs. You just chose not to because there’s unavoidable damage that will kill you.

Isn’t this the exact case for Variant #1 with the Ultron with EMP? It was released and explored by people before Electro was shock immune, Thing was introduced, ThorR ThorJF was shock resistant, Nebula could shrug off shocks.

Point is, such content with unavoidable damage has been in the game for ages and will always continue to be introduced. You can choose to get it done now, or wait till later when it’s significantly easier with access to a more diverse array of champs. (Namor is a good example. Get him duped, he reflects damage, like passive shock, when attacking, has furies, can shrug off poisons really fast and regenerate health back from specials.)

And for those who are still insisting on content that should be designed to beable to be done by a “broader” selection of champs, please try changing the nodes on Sinister to meet the objectives you are asking for. Challenging and has some mechanic of sorts, soloable by some champs but also tests players’ roster breadth.
    Buttehrs said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

1. Poison immune
    2. Generate furies

Dont forget the shock immune. That shock will eat you alive.
    Didn’t have to add that. The current “optimal counter” doesn’t have shock immunity, neither does Hyperion or Medusa that have already proven to be able to solo the right if they are highly ranked enough.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

saying that someone’s roster lacks depth because they don’t have the one champ required to counter the node is idiotic. This dude keeps saying the same sh** over and over smh

It's not wroth discussing it further TBH. You just don't get it.

What I don't get is how you're stuck with over 150 usable champions. But until you elaborate no one is going to be able to help you.
    150 usable champs won’t do anything against mr sinister if you don’t have heimdall + hela synergy.

For anyone that doesn’t get why you can’t get through mr sinister without heimdal + hela/Angela synergy you obviously haven’t fought him yet. You can have every champ available as a 5-6* except heimdall and you will have to blow through revives to get past him. You can’t just figure it out because there aren’t any other options that work and as far as the bug with caustic temper they haven’t said anything to confirm that it is a bug so for all we know the node is working as intended.

No one is saying that he is impossible to beat without Heimdall. If Heimdall synergy is the only way to beat him without revives, then I think there is a case for it being a bad design.

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Can anyone solo Sinister without the Heimdall synergy? I haven't seen any videos of anyone doing it. If the answer is no, then I'm kind of on the side of bad design. Fine with requiring a broad roster, but if there is only one synergy that can beat it without items that's

zeezee57 said:

benshb said:

That's the entire point being made here. It's not about never using resources, it's about having to use them no matter how perfectly you play because of the node combos. Revives shouldn't be an absolute necessity for any fight, they should all have the possibility of a solo with perfect play on our end. Obviously we all make mistakes and play poorly at times and that's what revives are for imo. There shouldn't be a situation where barring having one specific champ you have to go into the fight with revives or units on hand.
    I understand and I'm not in support of cash grabs like this. But it is what it is. Has kabam ever taken feedback seriously? No, and they never will. So we should find the best solutions and weigh the value of the resources we get vs the revives we spend. If you don't think its worth it, don't do it. It's as simple as that.
    They have absolutely modified content as a result of feedback. Lots of times. I don't see your point. This is a forum to discuss the game. Finding that there is one synergy in the game that makes a fight possible without item use to the exclusion of all others, and posting about it isn't "whining."
    OG Hulk should work. If the shock damage is too much, maybe CptIW can reduce it by quite abit. Medusa with cosmic power boost spam sp2 should work as well.

Like I mentioned, the issue is when the attacker doesn’t have a fury, Sinister is healing the full damage when he only takes 10%, resulting in a huge net heal, making the fight harder than intended.

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Can anyone solo Sinister without the Heimdall synergy? I haven't seen any videos of anyone doing it. If the answer is no, then I'm kind of on the side of bad design. Fine with requiring a broad roster, but if there is only one synergy that can beat it without items that's

zeezee57 said:

benshb said:

They have absolutely modified content as a result of feedback. Lots of times. I don't see your point. This is a forum to discuss the game. Finding that there is one synergy in the game that makes a fight possible without item use to the exclusion of all others, and posting about it isn't "whining."
    What have they modified? In sufficient time as to affect the people first to cry wolf, that is. Don't tell me about the Juggernaut change in act 4 please
    zeezee57 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

1. Poison immune
    2. Generate furies

Cmon dude. You're asking him to use revives. How outlandish. Each revive in his inventory gives his champions an additional 10% attack. Why would he use them regardless of how difficult the content is?
    The fact that you just responded to the post above essentially in agreement then respond next with this is odd to say the least. So you get the point being made, agree with it, but still make idiotic comments like this afterwards. Again it's not about spending revives, it's about game design that requires them no matter how well you play, barring having one specific champ.

And for the record I have a 6* Heimdall and a 5* Hela so this isn't an issue for me. I won't be doing my 6.2 completion run until they fix the bugs being discussed all over the forum. I just agree with those who don't like this sort of design. With roster composition 100% RNG based this just doesn't make for an enjoyable experience.
    I think it's a cash grab. I'm not up in arms as if this will end my time with mcoc. There's a difference

saying that someone’s roster lacks depth because they don’t have the one champ required to counter the node is idiotic. This dude keeps saying the same sh** over and over smh

What I don't get is how you're stuck with over 150 usable champions. But until you elaborate no one is going to be able to help you.
    150 usable champs won’t do anything against mr sinister if you don’t have heimdall + hela synergy.

For anyone that doesn’t get why you can’t get through mr sinister without heimdal + hela/Angela synergy you obviously haven’t fought him yet. You can have every champ available as a 5-6* except heimdall and you will have to blow through revives to get past him. You can’t just figure it out because there aren’t any other options that work and as far as the bug with caustic temper they haven’t said anything to confirm that it is a bug so for all we know the node is working as intended.

No one is saying that he is impossible to beat without Heimdall. If Heimdall synergy is the only way to beat him without revives, then I think there is a case for it being a bad design.
    It is bad design. But it's not as if this is the first of its kind. And it won't be the last. How else do you make stuff challenging other than making it roster dependent? With so many players having very high ranked characters, you simply cannot slap on more health and more attack and say its going to be a challenge. And even when that is done some people will whine about it. Take the massive PI and by consequence health and attack increase in 6.2.3. The global actually assists you if you play around it well. People still be crying about the higher health. How else to make content a challenge? Endgame content is supposed to be a struggle. It won't stay endgame for too long if half the player base is done with it by opening weekend.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

zeezee57 said:

benshb said:

What have they modified? In sufficient time as to affect the people first to cry wolf, that is. Don't tell me about the Juggernaut change in act 4 please
    Ice Phoenix. AQ Sentinels. The entire end game side quest... that's off the top of my head. Lot's of other examples out there.

It is bad design. But it's not as if this is the first of its kind. And it won't be the last. How else do you make stuff challenging other than making it roster dependent? With so many players having very high ranked characters, you simply cannot slap on more health and more attack and say its going to be a challenge. And even when that is done some people will whine about it. Take the massive PI and by consequence health and attack increase in 6.2.3. The global actually assists you if you play around it well. People still be crying about the higher health. How else to make content a challenge? Endgame content is supposed to be a struggle. It won't stay endgame for too long if half the player base is done with it by opening weekend.
    And this by consequence results in people thirsting for more content sooner. Kabam has limits to what they can create. If they don't make something that's going to take some time to clear for a lot of people, that's more people sitting idle doing nothing. Then we get the "game is chore" posts.

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

zeezee57 said:

benshb said:

Ice Phoenix. AQ Sentinels. The entire end game side quest... that's off the top of my head. Lot's of other examples out there.
    And none of those are examples of story content. Because its permanent, there's a significantly lower chance for any changes to occur. Atleast immediately.
    They are changing the map 5 hyperion

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

zeezee57 said:

benshb said:

And none of those are examples of story content. Because its permanent, there's a significantly lower chance for any changes to occur. Atleast immediately.
    ☝️ Should have been clearer, sorry
This discussion has been closed.