**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

My gripe with AW

DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
So I was asked to take path 9 in war. Section 2 has 2 fights for me on that path for this war. A unduped quake on Confusion and a duped Kingpin on Greater Confusion and Force of Will. I know what I'm getting into on these fights and I mentally prepare for the first fight. Im going to block/parry and try to throw heavies until the 30 seconds is up.

Well, fight starts, champs are running in and I go to prepare to parry. Well Quake stops running as I'm begin to press block and I see shes about to throw a heavy. I tell myself, "you need to dash back, now!" I also remember its reverse controls. I my brain says swipe forward, but my instincts kick in and i swipe backwards. Plan ruined and a few more attempts at reverse controls and I'm dead. I sit there for a moment, mouth open, and dumbfounded.

I say all of that to say this- We need a way to practice these node combinations. Upgrade the dueling system to allow us to-
1. Pick the champ, rank, rarity, duped or unduped.
2. Pick node combos from AW or AQ based off of map difficulty.
3. Keep the same duel rewards.
4. Keep the same amount of attempts.

There isn't any other place I can think of were I can go and test these node combos out so its either succeed or die amd have my alliance laugh and get mad at me.

Lastly, im for the challenge of the nodes and they should stay. We just need a way to practice, so we aren't costing everything, every time.

**yes I know I need to git gud.
**yes I know AW isnt meant to be cleared.
**yes this has been mentioned before.
**yes I'm aware this isn't a pro-kabam post.

Comments

• TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Personally, I think the 5 duel attempts per day is a bit outdated. Far as I can tell, that was implemented because of the duel event which is no longer in the game. I see no point in limiting the number of duels per day.

But yea, I'd love a practice room (call it Danger Room maybe?)
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★

Personally, I think the 5 duel attempts per day is a bit outdated. Far as I can tell, that was implemented because of the duel event which is no longer in the game. I see no point in limiting the number of duels per day.

But yea, I'd love a practice room (call it Danger Room maybe?)

Because there's always limits to what we can do. Duels was there to practice against who ever you wanted, the event was just extra incentive to do so.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    The duel system in general is just totally outdated. Why can you only duel someone’s top champ? Why can’t you pick who to duel? Also with all these crazy nodes now a days there’s no real way to practice against them. Basically you try them in AW or AQ, both which are competitive, and so you get penalized for having virtually no experience fighting them. Sure the same can be said for everyone else, but you can’t even practice in EQ to get better. You just have to suffer through the alliance events gaining a little bit of experience per week and now that there’s 3 variations it’s possible to have almost a month between attempts.

tl;dr duels definitely need to be updated to today’s game and meta.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Think there's a path in 6.1 that's reverse controls. I'm also usually on path 9 and bring sinister as he's the only reverse controls immune champ. I take it in AQ also, and eventually you kinda get used to it but having somewhere to practice would be great. One time there was an emma though, that was a mind trip.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Think there's a path in 6.1 that's reverse controls. I'm also usually on path 9 and bring sinister as he's the only reverse controls immune champ. I take it in AQ also, and eventually you kinda get used to it but having somewhere to practice would be great. One time there was an emma though, that was a mind trip.

Lol reverse control Emma would throw me off so bad I'd have to just block.
    Plot twist: unblockable specials.

@danielmath does he have to be duped?
    V1PER1987 said:

Drooped2 said:

Lol reverse control Emma would throw me off so bad I'd have to just block.
    Plot twist: unblockable specials.
    double plot twist! sinister can block unblockable specials

nope

nope
    Nice. I have him and can take him to R4. No AG for him though.

nope
    Nice. I have him and can take him to R4. No AG for him though.
    i wouldn't use a gem on him (i used one, took him to R5 sig 200 and ya...bleh)