**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Slumber not working in dungeons

The defender is not starting out stunned for 15 seconds. They just start out as normal only + 1,000% attack. Slumber states that they start stunned for 15 seconds and then get +1,000% attack.

Comments

• AshPikaAshPika Posts: 85
    Is it against Juggernaut?
    If yes, then Juggernaut can't be stunned while he's unstoppable (which he is at the start of the fight)
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

The defender is not starting out stunned for 15 seconds. They just start out as normal only + 1,000% attack. Slumber states that they start stunned for 15 seconds and then get +1,000% attack.

If the target is stun immune at the start of the fight due to the champ or the node slumber will not put him to sleep, but he will keep the attack bonus.

• hephaestushephaestus Posts: 145
    Yes juggs. I guess that explains that then. Still kind of a dirty trick to play in something like dungeons imho.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Yes juggs. I guess that explains that then. Still kind of a dirty trick to play in something like dungeons imho.

It's not a dirty trick. Countless nodes are tailored to the champ on the tile. Slumber is no different.

You should also be cautious of Slumber when fighting Groot, Karnak, Kingpin, Rogue, Crossbones, Mordo, or several others due to their interactions with certain debuffs.

Slumber is nearly always a risky proposition. You really have to think about champion interactions.
    I disagree. The node says something will happen that doesn't happen.

It would be one thing if it says something will happen that emphasizes something with the champ. But this is saying one thing and then using fine print to actually accomplish the complete opposite.

Especially dirty when it is 33% of the content and the champs you use to do it will be unavailable for the next week and rest of the event cycle.

It would be one thing if it says something will happen that emphasizes something with the champ. But this is saying one thing and then using fine print to actually accomplish the complete opposite.

Especially dirty when it is 33% of the content and the champs you use to do it will be unavailable for the next week and rest of the event cycle.

Think of it this way...

If you're taking a path in Act 6 with nodes that automatically inflict incinerate on the attacker and you bring in Void (who is incinerate immune), what do you expect to happen?

Do you expect the incinerate to work? After all...it says right in the description that the attacker WILL be inflicted with incinerate.

Of course not. Champion interactions are important and should always be considered. The incinerate will do nothing to Void because he's naturally immune to incinerate effects. By the same token, Juggernaut is immune to the effects of stun while he's unstoppable. He starts every fight with an unstoppable buff, so he is inherently immune to stuns at the beginning of the fight.

Believe me, you're not the only one to fall victim to Slumber. A quick search here in the Bugs section will confirm that. Just take it as a lesson learned and you'll know better for next time. Good luck!
    edited June 2019

Think of it this way...

If you're taking a path in Act 6 with nodes that automatically inflict incinerate on the attacker and you bring in Void (who is incinerate immune), what do you expect to happen?

Do you expect the incinerate to work? After all...it says right in the description that the attacker WILL be inflicted with incinerate.

Of course not. Champion interactions are important and should always be considered. The incinerate will do nothing to Void because he's naturally immune to incinerate effects. By the same token, Juggernaut is immune to the effects of stun while he's unstoppable. He starts every fight with an unstoppable buff, so he is inherently immune to stuns at the beginning of the fight.

Believe me, you're not the only one to fall victim to Slumber. A quick search here in the Bugs section will confirm that. Just take it as a lesson learned and you'll know better for next time. Good luck!
    Your analogy is backwards. what it should state is them making a node that says champion will suffer from incinerate and then deliberately putting void on it. And I do think that would be dirty because what is explicitly stated will happen does not happen. It is the equivalent a promising something and then breaking the promise because your fingers were crossed behind your back.

The node says something that will happen, that does not mean the champion will not counter that thing happening. The node says it will apply stun, it did and juggs was immune. you are supposed to know that and not pick slumber for that reason. it is like when people chose the node that gives energy when blocked, for a champ that fires multiple attack sp1, that basically gives them unlimited sp1. You had a choice and should know the champion abilities and how they work.

I am pretty sure the minis are random from a small pool, it is not a dirty trick, it just happens. And no it is not breaking a promise.
    edited June 2019
    If a node says X will happen, X should happen. Otherwise there is no point in the node other than playing a dirty trick on the user. If there are champs that break the promise, those champs should not be available on that node.

If I sign a document agreeing to pay you $100, but it turns out I don't have $100, am I then free of that obligation and do you not expect to receive $100? Or is it your fault for not knowing I didn't have $100?

Again, the analogy about unlimited SP1's is flawed. That is saying that something will happen, and then something happens a lot. Perhaps the extent to which it happens is unexpected to some, but it is not saying something will happen that then does not. I can not think of any other nodes in my 4+ years of playing this game that have specifically stated that something would happen and then the devs put a champ there that specifically prevented that thing from happening. Probably because it negates the need for the node in the first place.

Even if I had thought ahead to know that Juggs was stun immune at the beginning of the fight, I would have thought he would be stunned BECAUSE THE NODE SAID HE WOULD BE. I mean, basically god of the game, those who are all-powerful and can make essentially anything happen that they like, took the time to make the node say what it said. Why would they bother if it didn't do what they went out of their way to do? Why would I think that they couldn't cause Juggs to be stunned after they said they would? If he's not going to be stunned, the node should just be +1000% attack.

I agree to disagree on this. It is what it is. Thanks for your time.

If a node says X will happen, X should happen. Otherwise there is no point in the node other than playing a dirty trick on the user. If there are champs that break the promise, those champs should not be available on that node.

If I sign a document agreeing to pay you $100, but it turns out I don't have $100, am I then free of that obligation and do you not expect to receive $100? Or is it your fault for not knowing I didn't have $100?

Again, the analogy about unlimited SP1's is flawed. That is saying that something will happen, and then something happens a lot. Perhaps the extent to which it happens is unexpected to some, but it is not saying something will happen that then does not. I can not think of any other nodes in my 4+ years of playing this game that have specifically stated that something would happen and then the devs put a champ there that specifically prevented that thing from happening. Probably because it negates the need for the node in the first place.

Even if I had thought ahead to know that Juggs was stun immune at the beginning of the fight, I would have thought he would be stunned BECAUSE THE NODE SAID HE WOULD BE. I mean, basically god of the game, those who are all-powerful and can make essentially anything happen that they like, took the time to make the node say what it said. Why would they bother if it didn't do what they went out of their way to do? Why would I think that they couldn't cause Juggs to be stunned after they said they would? If he's not going to be stunned, the node should just be +1000% attack.

I agree to disagree on this. It is what it is. Thanks for your time.

X did happen, the character was just immune to X

Your analogy is poor, because it depends on the agreement.

the alalogy with unlimited SP1 is on target. The character knows, or is suposed to know the abilities. You make the choice, not the game.

There are tons of nodes that say something will happen, and then it does not.

Caltrops for instance, says the attacker will get a bleed if he dashes back, should bleed immune champs that you attack with get bleed even though they are immune?

Again stun was attempted to be applied but he shrugged it off.
    There are no nodes where the dev states something will happen and then places a defender that specifically prevents it from happening because that would be a self defeating concept. Using your bleed analogy, the node would say that the champ suffers bleed but the champ they place there is bleed immune. You can't cite where that has happened because it hasn't and would be pointless other than to fool the user. But again, at this point I don't care anymore. I understand why it's not happening and still think it's a dirty trick.
    Furthermore, if they did put a bleed immune champ on a bleed node I would think that champ must bleed since the only people on this planet who have the ability to make a champ bleed went to the trouble of making the node to say he/she would do so. That or I would think it would be an error.

What are you even arguing here, mate?

The node will stun the oppoment at the start of the fight. Some champs are stun-immune (at the start of the fight), so the stun doesn't stick.

It's a really simple concept.

Kabam has the power to stun anyone they want, stun immune or not. To assume that they wouldn't when they said they would requires a knowledge of creators intent that the player does not have. That's my argument.
    @hephaestus

Another way to think about it.

Double Edge and Liquid Courage are traditionally called the Suicide masteries. They increase the user's attack power at the expense of being inflicted with bleed and poison at the start of a fight. There are champions who are immune to the effects of bleed and/or poison. They are effectively bypassing the negative aspects of the masteries while still utilizing the benefits.

Slumber is a bit like Suicides for the enemy. They see an increase in an attack power, but they must endure being inflicted with stun and power lock at the beginning of the fight. As with traditional Suicides, Slumber will have certain champs who have different (more beneficial) interactions with these debuffs than others (I listed some in a previous post). These champs get to use the benefits of the node...the attack power...without being as weighed down by the debuffs.

This happens all the time in this game. Nodes are tailored to the enemies occupying the node. For example, Variant 2 has an Improved Power Gain path which grants defenders double passive power gain rate. As such, you'll only see defenders like Dr. Strange, Mordo, Havok, and Hyperion...champions who have passive power gain abilities. Captain America has no passive power gain, so he sees no benefit from this node, so they don't put him on this node.

Dungeons are a little more random, but the same rules apply. It's not often that you'll find an Extend node on a champ who has no way to inflict debuffs. It can happen, but it's not often. In my experience, 80% of the time when I see Slumber, it's in conjunction with a champ who has an interaction with Stun or Power Lock that will make the fight challenging. It's possible that I'll get someone who has no interactions, but it's rare.

The point is that it's not a dirty trick to see Juggernaut on a Slumber node. Instead, it's just a test to see if you've been paying attention to champion interactions in this game. Understanding these interactions will pay dividends in this game.

There are no nodes where the dev states something will happen and then places a defender that specifically prevents it from happening because that would be a self defeating concept. Using your bleed analogy, the node would say that the champ suffers bleed but the champ they place there is bleed immune. You can't cite where that has happened because it hasn't and would be pointless other than to fool the user. But again, at this point I don't care anymore. I understand why it's not happening and still think it's a dirty trick.

So now you are moving the goal posts.. Also the game placed the defender there, not the devs. There is a pool of nodes, and there is a pool of champs that can be minis, it is random.

you are making logical leaps that you cannot prove, especially given your lack of understanding on the content that would be odd for someone who has played as long as you claim to have.

If you think that if they put a bleed immune champ on a bleed node it would bleed you would be wrong, because characters abilities ALWAYS trump node abilities. ALWAYS.
    edited June 2019
    Furthermore, there HAVE been nodes in the past (Wasn't there a taunt immunity node recently? I know they've also made a bunch of nodes recently to nerf Magik specifically.) that have PREVENTED something from happening in a champ's abilities or caused that thing to happen more than it otherwise would. So the existing precedent that they have already set is that champ abilities are in fact modified by nodes when the nodes specifically state things that are contradictory or contributory to the champ's specific abilities.

If I believe in god, and god says a man will walk on water, why would I not believe god despite all my previous experience that man can not walk on water? Especially when I know there has been at least one instance where a man did walk on water when god said he would and none where a man failed to walk on water when god said he would?

If I believe Kabam is god of this game, and they say Juggs will be stunned, why would I not believe Kabam despite my previous experience that Juggs can not be stunned? Especially when I know of at least one instance where Kabam has negated a champ ability and none where they have stated they would and didn't?
    Best of luck to you.

Furthermore, there HAVE been nodes in the past (Wasn't there a taunt immunity node recently? I know they've also made a bunch of nodes recently to nerf Magik specifically.) that have PREVENTED something from happening in a champ's abilities or caused that thing to happen more than it otherwise would. So the existing precedent that they have already set is that champ abilities are in fact modified by nodes when the nodes specifically state things that are contradictory or contributory to the champ's specific abilities.

If I believe in god, and god says a man will walk on water, why would I not believe god despite all my previous experience that man can not walk on water? Especially when I know there has been at least one instance where a man did walk on water when god said he would and none where a man failed to walk on water when god said he would?

If I believe Kabam is god of this game, and they say Juggs will be stunned, why would I not believe Kabam despite my previous experience that Juggs can not be stunned? Especially when I know of at least one instance where Kabam has negated a champ ability and none where they have stated they would and didn't?

This has to be a joke... Kabam is the one who made the rules that champ abilities override node abilities unless the node ability specifically stated otherwise... Your logic falls flat on that.. In your case the node did not stop an immunity, but an ability from triggering. Nodes can do that. Nodes cannot and have not stopped an immunity that I can ever think of, it is why they came out with a special robotic poison/bleed to get around robotic immunities.

I know admitting you are wrong, but your refusal to let it go is on ex level.
    edited June 2019
    No, really, I'm fine. I wasn't trying to go on and on, was just trying to answer the questions that people were specifically asking. I won't continue on as I do understand how it's making me look. I don't disagree with some of the logic, just that this specific incident applies to some of it. I do see that we will not agree. I know for future reference, that's all that really matters. I'll bring this back up if the precedent is violated someday.
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    Champ abilities always trump nodes. Example. Bleed immune champs don’t bleed on bleed nodes. Stun immune champs don’t stun on slumber. One may say the Mordo or jugg on slumber may be dirty. I would call it crafty. And you should be aware of little tricks in the game. I got caught once by a Mordo on slumber when dungeons first came out. Lesson learned. Don’t cry about game mechanics just because you got caught.