**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let’s thank Kabam for another awesome month

Comments

• ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151
    OmegaMan said:

At least you got 6* shards. I got the bottom two rewards out of all five Epic rifts. 5* shards three times and sig stones the other two.

Probably the worst “bonus” event in he game at any point.

Would you feel the same way if you received an AG all five times?
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    It wasn't that bad imo, extra 24h daily event for fantastic 4 hero use is 750 units and 30 revives (which is 1200 units worth, I know they are lvl1 revives, but you cannot buy lvl1 revives so I count them as lvl2 revives). That alone is one lol run for you
  • B_RabbittB_Rabbitt Posts: 136
    I can see where everybody is coming from and I agree with some comments and disagree with others. First of all, we have all been playing this game for ages and are accustomed to this system of having to get lucky, that is no news to us here.

I do remember just a couple months ago when they had the Intel and you were able to use that in a store. It was nice to be able to grind that resource and choose what you wanted to spend it on. However, to combat the bad RNG they did implement Stable and Unstable rifts and those who chose to do Unstable should have known what they were getting themselves into and that the risk is higher for that particular rift.
  • Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

Tiger360 said:

OP could have gotten the 2000k shards and they'd still complain.

Of course the fanboy defends this system. I'm only mad that some people get better stuff for the same amount of effort put in
    As in no effort, the only thing you do is fight about 5 champs, the hardest part is believing you are going to get the same as everyone else, your not, you are you and they are themselves.
    What effort? Its free rewards. Life isn't fair.
    I’m on your side XD. I said there was no effort.
    You havent bashed enough people complaining about the game yet for him to let you into his club. Keep going then you will truly be on his side.
    Ok, I will do my best lol, I mostly disagree with him but in this sense it just is amazing how players blame the game for their choice of going into an UNSTABLE rift
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

@Kobster84
    I completely agree. I've seen so many people quit because they put in as much or more time than other people into the game and get trash.
    And then you have the people that get lucky all the time saying how "easy" it is for them.

Do they quite when they dont get as far as others in life with the same or more work as well?
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    edited June 2019
    Yeah, at first i thought it would be great... the time proved me wrong
  • Blue_Eyed_ThingBlue_Eyed_Thing Posts: 128
    I opened 4 epic riffs, and got 500 5 star shards 3 times and a 5 star featured, out of which I added 20 more sigs on nebula. Overall I'd say the thing that stinks is that while a lot of people are bragging about what they got I got poor rewards overall. So I would prefer set rewards or a reward store. Just my two cents
  • binrakbinrak Posts: 193
    edited June 2019
    Kabam not forcing you to play unstable rifts u are gambling for good rewards with less chance if u want decent rewards u can buy crystals or play stable rifts. Don't complain.

Why are people jumping on others for sharing they don't enjoy the RNG aspect of the rewards for this event? Isn't this literally the place to share that? And those same people are acting like every single part of this game is RNG? I mean just this year we had similar event quests where you could pick what you wanted while still needing to do the grind. Intel store, infinity dust store, heck even going back to Rockets scraps in the workshop.

Most of those events are really well received and people like being able to decide what amount of grind they need to achieve for the guaranteed prizes, and feel it's more fair compared to an event like this where someone else is getting a 5* awakening gem while you're getting 500 five star shards for doing the same thing.

Yes, a majority of the game is designed around RNG especially champ acquisition, but if people can come on here and share their like or dislike for a special event quest design, they should be allowed to without condescending people and rude comments calling them a whiner or complaining. There's really no need for that - something I'm hoping this new guardian program will help to address.

So much negativity for no reason.

the OP is come here with negativity, if you start with negativity you will get more negativity. In addition all events are received poorly.

Kobster84 said:

No they wouldn’t buts it’s more the fact of how you can put in the same work as someone they could get 5* gems and 5* featured and you could only get sig stones and the minimum shards

No they would not fact is RNG rewards suck and almost everyone hated them.
    Do you act this way every time some one wins the lottery when you buy a ticket to?
    No but you don't put any work into lottery tickets either
    im buying a ticket, that is work and effort.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

No they wouldn’t buts it’s more the fact of how you can put in the same work as someone they could get 5* gems and 5* featured and you could only get sig stones and the minimum shards

Do you act this way every time some one wins the lottery when you buy a ticket to?
    Not really that is putting resources into it (like shards) but not actually like you have to clean the store to get your ticket
    Lormif said:

Why are people jumping on others for sharing they don't enjoy the RNG aspect of the rewards for this event? Isn't this literally the place to share that? And those same people are acting like every single part of this game is RNG? I mean just this year we had similar event quests where you could pick what you wanted while still needing to do the grind. Intel store, infinity dust store, heck even going back to Rockets scraps in the workshop.

Most of those events are really well received and people like being able to decide what amount of grind they need to achieve for the guaranteed prizes, and feel it's more fair compared to an event like this where someone else is getting a 5* awakening gem while you're getting 500 five star shards for doing the same thing.

Yes, a majority of the game is designed around RNG especially champ acquisition, but if people can come on here and share their like or dislike for a special event quest design, they should be allowed to without condescending people and rude comments calling them a whiner or complaining. There's really no need for that - something I'm hoping this new guardian program will help to address.

So much negativity for no reason.

the OP is come here with negativity, if you start with negativity you will get more negativity. In addition all events are received poorly.
    I typically like an event with guaranteed rewards but if you like putting as much effort in a some other person and then see them luck out while you get completely screwed then you have serious issues.

Lormif said:

Kobster84 said:

Not really that is putting resources into it (like shards) but not actually like you have to clean the store to get your ticket
    It depends, how did I earn that dollar. It is not like money grows on tree, I had to put in effort.

Unless you only earn one dollar an hour then almost no effort went into that single dollar. My point is Kabam should stick to guaranteed rewards and leave the getting screwed by RNG to Crystals.

P.S Kabam won't give you extra rewards for defending every bad decision they make.

umm, that is false... About the money that is. There is lots of work even if you earn more than a dollar an hour, even still work is work.

Why should rewards for grinding out resources be a lottery? A lottery is a gamble for a set amount of cash normally a buck or two, and you pick the numbers. While this event is pure chance you pick no numbers and you get 500 shards... IMO please do away with this kind of rewards.

P.S
    Love the calendar keep it up.

We are not grinding out "resources" we are doing pretty easy paths, even still the lottery makes it so you can get bigger rewards, sometimes. It makes you feel good when you get it. If it was not this way the rewards would be flat, and overtime get boring, because they need to balance the rewards.
  • I don't know...I am sympathetic to the gripes about RNG rewards. At the same time, the RNG aspect of the game, the risky "what if," randomness, is part of the game and as much of a bummer as it can be at times it also makes for some of the most fun moments when you finally get that lucky roll-over. The last rift-style event I didn't get anything to write home about. This go-round I pulled two fully formed 5 star crystals.

I guess the question is--how do you distinguish the different types of RNG rewards in the game? For instance:

Everyone does basically the same kinds of things to earn their 5 and 6 star shards and
    then the RNG takes over: one person pulls Kamala Khan, the other Ghost. That's just the
    game.

Everyone does the same stuff to earn their Epic Coral: one person gets 200 6* shards,
    another a 5* AG.

Are these different? Honest question. I am trying to think through whether it's a legitimate gripe in the second example vs. the first, which I think we all basically accept as part of the game. If there's a difference what's the difference?

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Unless you only earn one dollar an hour then almost no effort went into that single dollar. My point is Kabam should stick to guaranteed rewards and leave the getting screwed by RNG to Crystals.

P.S Kabam won't give you extra rewards for defending every bad decision they make.

umm, that is false... About the money that is. There is lots of work even if you earn more than a dollar an hour, even still work is work.

Why should rewards for grinding out resources be a lottery? A lottery is a gamble for a set amount of cash normally a buck or two, and you pick the numbers. While this event is pure chance you pick no numbers and you get 500 shards... IMO please do away with this kind of rewards.

P.S

We are not grinding out "resources" we are doing pretty easy paths, even still the lottery makes it so you can get bigger rewards, sometimes. It makes you feel good when you get it. If it was not this way the rewards would be flat, and overtime get boring, because they need to balance the rewards.
    I do get that without rng the game would be boring but like I did 6 rifts and someone who did 1 could have gotten more rewards then I did
    Lormif said:

P.S

Ok guess you aren't getting that kabam is wrong here so let me ask you this would you rather

Put in as much effort as someone else and get the same reward

Or

Put in as much effort as someone else and watch them get much better reward.
  • Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Kobster84 said:

Exactly. I can live with crystals giving out different champs, to keep the spirit of RNG alive, but these event rewards should be the same across the board and everyone should know exactly what they are getting. Can you imagine exploring Act 5 and only to get 100k gold, 1 t4b, and 1000 5* shards, while someone else does the exact same thing and gets the 2,500 6* shards, 2 t5b, a 5* generic awakening gem, and 5 star rank up gem? That is exactly what is happening with these rift awards and it is garbage.
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151

Lormif said:

P.S

Ok guess you aren't getting that kabam is wrong here so let me ask you this would you rather

Or

I know this was directed at someone else. However, you didn't define what the reward(s) would or could be. That would make a difference whether I took the same reward(s) or gamble with the someone else getting better rewards as long as I shared the same chance to get those much better rewards.

Lormif said:

P.S

Or

I know this was directed at someone else. However, you didn't define what the reward(s) would or could be. That would make a difference whether I took the same reward(s) or gamble with the someone else getting better rewards as long as I shared the same chance to get those much better rewards.
    Assuming the Rewards match the difficulty when guranteed like they usually do vs possibly getting something not worth the difficulty

Lormif said:

P.S

Or

I do not process like you. I do not get jealous of others based on what they get. When I play the game I realize that the rewards are near universally random so I accept what I get. If someone gets something better I congratulate them, not bemoan the system.

Kobster84 said:

Exactly. I can live with crystals giving out different champs, to keep the spirit of RNG alive, but these event rewards should be the same across the board and everyone should know exactly what they are getting. Can you imagine exploring Act 5 and only to get 100k gold, 1 t4b, and 1000 5* shards, while someone else does the exact same thing and gets the 2,500 6* shards, 2 t5b, a 5* generic awakening gem, and 5 star rank up gem? That is exactly what is happening with these rift awards and it is garbage.
    act 5 is a much larger set of resources and time commitments.
This discussion has been closed.