**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What sorts of champions do you enjoy playing?

Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
So there are a lot of different types of champions in the game. They have lots of different ways of playing them, and different things that they can do.
We also have a lot of different types of people in the community. They have different likes, beliefs and opinions on whether pineapple belongs on pizza (but let's not start that debate...)
So I just want to hear from you guys. Who are your favourite champions, and what characteristics do you think you like in a champion?

Let's have a discussion.
(and to Kabam. If you want to remake this poll and/or stick this up on the top of the polls, be my guest. I just like seeing people having fun discussions. It's awesome when people can come together and have fun discussing stuff they love.)
(also please Kabam make multi-response polls a thing... it'd be so useful on polls like this one)

What sorts of champions do you enjoy playing? 94 votes

Pure High Damage champions
31%
ArcDeAngelusJosh_Boss15GeneralDCBaseballguy711RoOOtsMiller1702Charlie_ScenebinrakShinobiGuyDenzel116TehsigzorzMarkg25TheSquish671Tony886EtjamaDead1AdityaLohia2100monomuggsilver_dragonGigantea 30 votes
Tanky / Regen champions (sustainability/survivability)
9%
thetaman23adqqedfyvrAlCapone2727JayProngsTaZ_4178Webby72ProfHoffsFan2018DarkPassenzerNalak8 9 votes
Champs with tons of utility
11%
BadroseRam_SarkarDaddoexc3lPriyansh7Newman0067ZombieZeddSoulOfDarknessÆgon0710FrostyNickelSkinnyfatboy82 11 votes
All-rounded champs
17%
Timone147Dexman1349TheManMythLegendSavio444OmegaManCupidIDogeReverend_RuckusMathking13FhfjghhggggjfhfjgChainslayerCosmicspiderman777Batman1903Midnite93ZuroToo_qik 16 votes
Champs that stack up ALL THE DEBUFFS
7%
ThatGuyYouSaw235LordRaymond3Rehan010_FreeToPlay_21Narwhal52xEarthEliteXdSpoodermanxD 7 votes
Champions with unique playstyles
15%
ForwardTerraNorthwestbrosefNoırePandamanPeteScholiaCoachLedRockypantherxKalantakFlintTheSavageHedronMawrCalleach1kzAlexgt85Ragnabro 15 votes
Unpopular champion rank-up choices
3%
MegaSkater67charaderdude2Mitchell35 3 votes
Other (what would you say makes a champion enjoyable for you?)
3%
SquishyjrThe_4THPIZZATIMEBlue_Eyed_Thing 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    My top champs are Corvus, Dom, Medusa, and Ghost. Gotta love those heavy hitters!
  • Options
    Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    All-rounded champs

But would definitely say Ms. marvel or IW since they so thicc

ALL THE THICC
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    All-rounded champs
    I like having unique playstyles, but not grossly unique. Up until a few weeks ago, my top champ was Voodoo. Semi-unique and a well-rounded champ.

I use a parry-based attack style, so I appreciate champs that can complement that. My top champs each gain a benefit from parry (Captain Marvel Movie, Blade, Domino, and Rulk). Each have their slight adjustments to play style but don't fall off too much with a basic parry, 5-hit combo, repeat fight technique.

Champs like Quake and Ghost are insanely good, but take quite a bit to learn and even longer to perfect. And if you don't play them to their optimal play style (or a node prevents that style), their damage/utility is mediocre at best.
  • Options
    ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    I would have said all-rounded champs until I got Fury. That awakened ability is fantastic, any hard content or potential road block in war just put a rev into him and enjoy that near 7K attack at R5. Took an r4 Thing boss from 70% in the last war as well, can't wait to try on a full one next time.
  • Options
    TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    Tanky / Regen champions (sustainability/survivability)
    I really wanted to vote for high damage but regen can be huge so those two for sure as I have a 565 blade and domino lol
  • Options
    LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    Just the most fun. Massacre is my favorite champ to play just to see all the debuffs stack, but of course I don't use him for important stuff, which goes to longevity champs like rogue and venom the duck
  • Options
    smy168smy168 Posts: 206 ★★
    4 years later and finally a champ I can get with...Fury, maxed 5* awakened...a thing of beauty....
  • Options
    ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 570 ★★★
    I can have to play well, but I hate having to hit the opponent more than 50 times. Preferably even less.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Psylocke, Dormammu, Dr Strange and Old Man Logan just to name a few that I have already ranked/would rank if I had the 5*. I really enjoy learning to use champs you don’t often see and I would actually rate Psylocke and dorm above champs like magik when it comes to power control.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,006 ★★★★★
    I love fighting with those who are unique in their approach and abbilities in a battle.
    I love using Diablo, his potion benefits are nice and requires a change in playstyle.
  • Options
    XdSpoodermanxDXdSpoodermanxD Posts: 531 ★★★
    5* Gwenpool enough said.
  • Options
    Alexgt85Alexgt85 Posts: 30
    edited June 2019

I like having unique playstyles, but not grossly unique. Up until a few weeks ago, my top champ was Voodoo. Semi-unique and a well-rounded champ.

I use a parry-based attack style, so I appreciate champs that can complement that. My top champs each gain a benefit from parry (Captain Marvel Movie, Blade, Domino, and Rulk). Each have their slight adjustments to play style but don't fall off too much with a basic parry, 5-hit combo, repeat fight technique.

Champs like Quake and Ghost are insanely good, but take quite a bit to learn and even longer to perfect. And if you don't play them to their optimal play style (or a node prevents that style), their damage/utility is mediocre at best.

Voodoo is actually exceptionally unique... And quite advanced. You may not understand his full potential. I love that man and wish I had a 5*
  • Options
    NorthwestbrosefNorthwestbrosef Posts: 156
    Out of all the champions, Sabretooth is my favorite to play as. Yeah, he is a damage output champ, but he takes fights to ramp up and effects how you play by stacking furies. It's awesome to get a couple fights in and have 16 fury buffs, just wailing on folks.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    I have Cull Obsidian as a 3* R3 and he hits as hard as a 4* R3 with them stacking Armour Breaks and Rout

Then there's Domino with her High Crit Damage and them OP CRITICAL BLEEDS

And last but not least, Gwenpool, the queen of bleeding.
  • Options
    binrakbinrak Posts: 193
    My top champs are Corvus , Hyperion ,Domino,Cap iw,starky
  • Options
    Blue_Eyed_ThingBlue_Eyed_Thing Posts: 128
    Love champs with power gain, hype, night thrasher and mordo are some of my favorites to mess around with.
  • Options
    PIZZATIMEPIZZATIME Posts: 307
    Champions I like in other media for example Moon Knight, Netflix Daredevil, and all the Spider-Men (maybe Gwen)
  • Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Champs with tons of utility
    Champs with tons of utility since Voodoo is still my fav champ.
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    I love bleeders. Gully, x23, aa, etc. Specifically the stackable bleeds. The different but not trash options are fun too. Wasp, Gamora, and dormmamu are at the tippy top of my wish list.